2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

These all happened before LeBron got to LA:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And yes I’m aware that the Lakers brought back the Mamba uniforms in the bubble due to Kobe’s passing, but they were originally worn the season before Bron got there.

In addition, both of these would’ve been designed 18+ months before LeBron decided to sign for the Lakers:

spacer.png

spacer.png

But yeah, the black must be because of LeBron.

Look at the clear shame on Kobe’s face while he contemplates the horrors of a sleeved basketball jersey. 

• LOL 2

On 8/14/2023 at 3:08 PM, pepis21 said:

l could imagine they gonna try to emulate water on that court.

Uniform itself in my opinion is not good. That pattern on front is awkward and on back for me look more like glaciers because of that white color.

I mean it still works because Minnesota is a very snowy state. Ironically, just south of Minneapolis is the driftless region, one of the biggest regions in America that the glaciers never touched.

But the Bucks already did a lake inspired city edition. I like the Wolves' better because at least blue is a team color (okay, a REAL team color for the Wolves), but it hits on why I'm starting to not like city editions. If teams have to introduce a new one every year, then eventually everyone is gonna run out of things about their city to base a uniform on.

I get that Minnesota is the Land of Lakes, and Milwaukee is on a Great Lake, but are there any NBA teams that aren't on an ocean, lake, or river of some sort?

8 minutes ago, MilSox said:

I mean it still works because Minnesota is a very snowy state. Ironically, just south of Minneapolis is the driftless region, one of the biggest regions in America that the glaciers never touched.

But the Bucks already did a lake inspired city edition. I like the Wolves' better because at least blue is a team color (okay, a REAL team color for the Wolves), but it hits on why I'm starting to not like city editions. If teams have to introduce a new one every year, then eventually everyone is gonna run out of things about their city to base a uniform on.

I get that Minnesota is the Land of Lakes, and Milwaukee is on a Great Lake, but are there any NBA teams that aren't on an ocean, lake, or river of some sort?

Well, yeah...the Pacers for one.*

*And no, that little half-a-creek called the White River don't count...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

I didn't expect to see "blamed for ugly Lakers jerseys" in the annals of Being Unfair To LeBron.

He also didn't cause massive global inflation but I'm sure there's someone out there who'd believe that.

2 hours ago, MilSox said:

Salt Lake City doesn't touch the Great Salt Lake. Increasingly, water doesn't touch the Great Salt Lake, either.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, adsarebad said:

Agree, the guy is a clout and ring chasing POS, but blaming him for black jereys is not fair.

Lebron hate is very weird. Calling him a ring chaser is funny especially when he dragged a trash Cavs team through broken glass against the 73 win Warriors to bring home a championship. 

Only if you're Lebron James is winning a championship a negative I guess?

• Like 12
  • Dislike 1

bSLCtu2.png

14 hours ago, MilSox said:

Cities tend to be built near large bodies of water, so there aren’t many in any pro sport. 

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Cities tend to be built near large bodies of water, so there aren’t many in any pro sport. 

Just from some admittedly quick and careless googling and looking at maps, OKC stands out as not being on any particularly-significant body of water.  Phoenix has (I think) the Salt River, but isn't particularly close to the Colorado.  Could be off.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, the admiral said:

Salt Lake City doesn't touch the Great Salt Lake. Increasingly, water doesn't touch the Great Salt Lake, either.

To be fair, nothing is really touching on the every-shrinking GSL.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

15 hours ago, BBTV said:

Just from some admittedly quick and careless googling and looking at maps, OKC stands out as not being on any particularly-significant body of water.  Phoenix has (I think) the Salt River, but isn't particularly close to the Colorado.  Could be off.

Would Vegas count? (No NBA yet but they have NFL, WNBA and soon MLB.)

On 8/20/2023 at 10:04 AM, BBTV said:

On 8/19/2023 at 6:31 PM, MilSox said:

Just because, I've checked every Big 5 city.

Boston - Atlantic Ocean

New York - Atlantic Ocean

Buffalo: Lake Erie and Niagara River

Newark - Passaic River

Philadelphia - Delaware River

Baltimore - Chesapeake Bay

Washington - Potomac River

Pittsburgh - Alleghany, Monongaheia, and Ohio Rivers

Raleigh - None (closest is Neuse River)

Charlotte - None (closest is Catawba River)

Atlanta - None (closest is Chattahoochee River)

Jacksonville - St Johns River

Miami - Atlantic Ocean

Orlando - about a billion lakes

Tampa - Tampa Bay

Detroit - Detroit River

Cleveland - Lake Erie

Columbus - Scioto River

Cincinnati - Ohio River

Indianapolis - White River

Nashville - Cumberland River

Memphis - Mississippi River

New Orleans - Mississippi River and Lake Pontchartrain

Chicago - Lake Michigan

Milwaukee - Lake Michigan

Minneapolis & St. Paul - Mississippi River

St. Louis - Mississippi River

Kansas City - Missouri River

Oklahoma City - Oklahoma River

Dallas - Trinity River

Houston - Buffalo Bayou and Trinity Bay

Austin - Lady Bird Lake and Colorado River (different from the Grand Canyon's Colorado River)

San Antonio - San Antonio River

Denver - South Platte River

Salt Lake City - None (Closest is Jordan River and of course the Great Salt Lake)

Phoenix - Salt River

Las Vegas - None (Closest is Colorado River and Lake Mead)

San Diego - Pacific Ocean

Anaheim - Santa Ana River

Los Angeles - Los Angeles River and Pacific Ocean

San Francisco - San Francisco Bay and Pacific Ocean

Oakland - San Francisco Bay

San Jose - Guadalupe River and San Francisco Bay

Sacramento - American and Sacramento Rivers

Portland - Willamette and Columbia Rivers

Seattle - Puget Sound

Montreal - St. Lawrence River

Ottawa - Ottawa River

Toronto - Lake Ontario and Don River

Winnipeg - Assiniboine and Red Rivers (but not Lake Winnipeg, strangely)

Edmonton - North Saskatchewan River

Calgary - Elbow and Bow Rivers

Vancouver - Fraser River and Strait of Georgia

Only five I judged to be far enough away from bodies of water so as to not really be "on" one. Every one of those has bodies of water close enough to them to justify including them as a part of the city's culture if you really want to.

Edited by CDCLT
Realized I forgot Buffalo
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

Ehh, the White River running through the west side of Indianapolis is really more like a glorified stormwater runoff creek bed. If anything, the man-made canal on the west edge of downtown is the water more associated with the city...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 8/21/2023 at 2:09 PM, CDCLT said:

Just because, I've checked every Big 5 city.

Boston - Atlantic Ocean

New York - Atlantic Ocean

Buffalo: Lake Erie and Niagara River

Newark - Passaic River

Philadelphia - Delaware River

Baltimore - Chesapeake Bay

Washington - Potomac River

Pittsburgh - Alleghany, Monongaheia, and Ohio Rivers

Raleigh - None (closest is Neuse River)

Charlotte - None (closest is Catawba River)

Atlanta - None (closest is Chattahoochee River)

Jacksonville - St Johns River

Miami - Atlantic Ocean

Orlando - about a billion lakes

Tampa - Tampa Bay

Detroit - Detroit River

Cleveland - Lake Erie

Columbus - Scioto River

Cincinnati - Ohio River

Indianapolis - White River

Nashville - Cumberland River

Memphis - Mississippi River

New Orleans - Mississippi River and Lake Pontchartrain

Chicago - Lake Michigan

Milwaukee - Lake Michigan

Minneapolis & St. Paul - Mississippi River

St. Louis - Mississippi River

Kansas City - Missouri River

Oklahoma City - Oklahoma River

Dallas - Trinity River

Houston - Buffalo Bayou and Trinity Bay

Austin - Lady Bird Lake and Colorado River (different from the Grand Canyon's Colorado River)

San Antonio - San Antonio River

Denver - South Platte River

Salt Lake City - None (Closest is Jordan River and of course the Great Salt Lake)

Phoenix - Salt River

Las Vegas - None (Closest is Colorado River and Lake Mead)

San Diego - Pacific Ocean

Anaheim - Santa Ana River

Los Angeles - Los Angeles River and Pacific Ocean

San Francisco - San Francisco Bay and Pacific Ocean

Oakland - San Francisco Bay

San Jose - Guadalupe River and San Francisco Bay

Sacramento - American and Sacramento Rivers

Portland - Willamette and Columbia Rivers

Seattle - Puget Sound

Montreal - St. Lawrence River

Ottawa - Ottawa River

Toronto - Lake Ontario and Don River

Winnipeg - Assiniboine and Red Rivers (but not Lake Winnipeg, strangely)

Edmonton - North Saskatchewan River

Calgary - Elbow and Bow Rivers

Vancouver - Fraser River and Strait of Georgia

Only five I judged to be far enough away from bodies of water so as to not really be "on" one. Every one of those has bodies of water close enough to them to justify including them as a part of the city's culture if you really want to.

You forgot Green Bay, which is interesting because even thought it was named after a part of Lake Michigan, it's not actually on the lakeshore. It's at the "thumb" of the Bay of Green Bay, so the Fox River is the only major body of water in the actual city.

• Like 1

I don't necessarily think the uniforms were executed well, but the reason the lake inspiration was inevitable for the Timberwolves is that - as far as I know - Minneapolis is unique in how many lakes are in the city limits and how relevant they are for daily life here.

I don't think that the inspiration of lakes for that Timberwolves uniform is really the issue, if anybody can embrace that it is the Land of 10,000 Lakes. The problem is that it is such a literal representation of that concept, it looks like somebody searched a Stock website for "water" and put one of the first results on a blank white template. It feels very corporate rather than natural.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

spacer.png