2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

6 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Someone ask for City leaks? Here comes the Suns:

Imo it might be a really nice uniform.

looks really nice. though a part of me wishes that they continued the native american theme from last year. i wasnt really sold on last year's jerseys mainly due to the fact that they decided to make the front of the jersey their sun logo instead of anything native american. and i was hoping they'd dive deeper into the theme this year to also offset the fact that there's now a blue jersey sticking out of their entire franchise history of purple, black, and orange jerseys. 

2 hours ago, Jay_Mellowed said:

Wizards new court. They're going with a navy based court, one toned flooring, red court lines, with the ball and monument partial logo at midcourt.

spacer.png

too much like Minnesota for me. also i dont think ive seen a team put their name inside the 3 point arc in a while 

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Do the G league teams have alternate uniforms?

No, because Nike can't make money off it, lol. Each team does special jersey games, but those aren't Nike-designed. Usually the teams do in-house design or partner with a company/cause.

One of my favs is this one by the Cruise:
369313817_17981586479388305_532223583525

• Like 8

5 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Do the G league teams have alternate uniforms?

A lot of the teams will do partnership specialty one-offs for theme nights to be auctioned after the game, much like MILB. Otherwise it's usually just the light and dark uniforms. 

spacer.png

FJ9a_k1XEAQ5Xe3.jpg

rawImage.jpg

• Like 1

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

Do you think some NBA Champions should change the "World Champions" text on their banners in favor of just "Champions" or "NBA Champions"?

I've long tolerated "NBA World Champions" because it's been that way for the longest time but I'm having doubts now.

Perhaps Noah Lyles has a point after all.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, TheRealPepman said:

Do you think some NBA Champions should change the "World Champions" text on their banners in favor of just "Champions" or "NBA Champions"?

I've long tolerated "NBA World Champions" because it's been that way for the longest time but I'm having doubts now.

Especially after this FIBA World Cup

Just now, Ark said:

I think it's about time American NBA players formed another Dream Team to quiet the haters

Do you think NBA pros care as much as the World Cup or even the Olympics as much as you do when one injury during The Games could cost them tens of millions of dollars (if not guaranteed, plus any potential playoff and performance bonuses)?  What good is a gold medal if some freakish injury happens, like what happened to Paul George? 

Do you care who won the relays in the 4 x 100 or the 4 x 400?  Does it give you bragging rights?  Are you Sha'Carri Richardson or Usain Bolt?  It's just sports; who cares if there are haters? 

8 hours ago, TheRealPepman said:

The NBA (like the NFL, MLB and NHL) is the top level of basketball in the world. And the best players from all around the world play in this league. So, yes, they can be considered "World Champions". What Noah Lyles, and others, are doing is conflating club teams with national teams. Team USA was not representing the NBA in the World Cup. Similarly, when Shohei Ohtani faced Mike Trout in the World Baseball Classic, they weren't each representing the Los Angeles Angels playing against each other. It was Japan vs USA.

• Like 9
  • Eyeroll 1

No, teams shouldn't change banners since what happened in past should stay in past, but Noah Lyles is right and most people outside United States know that for ages and always laugh for that phrase.

Also I'm glad that Canadians won bronze game, because that should be a cold shower for United States who're starts to repeat same mistakes as they did before 2006 by sending a group of random guys without any team spirit and still thought they win gold without too much effort.

BTW:

• Like 3

4r2eer.png

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

No, teams shouldn't change banners since what happened in past should stay in past, but Noah Lyles is right and most people outside United States know that for ages and always laugh for that phrase.

Also I'm glad that Canadians won bronze game, because that should be a cold shower for United States who're starts to repeat same mistakes as they did before 2006 by sending a group of random guys without any team spirit and still thought they win gold without too much effort.

BTW:

All-Universe Champion Germany!

12 hours ago, TheRealPepman said:

Absolutely not, but hang tight for the "2026 NBA Champions Presented by Verizon" banner-raising.

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

BTW:

Why? Where do the best players in the world play? The NBA. The best Europeans come to play in the NBA. Once again, you're confusing the World Cup with the NBA. Which is like saying Premier League teams compete in the FIFA World Cup (National teams).

• Like 6