2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

So is the white jersey unchanged?  With the shadow going the other way?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, McCall said:

I have 4 different colors in this:

Nike | Shirts | Nike Therma 4 Zip Long Sleeve Training Pullover | Poshmark

I used to have one of these but got rid of it; it was nice for cold-weather outdoor exercise, sorta, but not quite breathable enough. And in normal life I always wanted it to have a kangaroo pocket, which I guess brings me to my point with these things, which is that they're like a hybrid of a hoodie and a track jacket and a sweater, but without the practical or style benefits of any of them. Terrible garment, may this become a marker of 2010s fashion in the bin.

On 8/30/2023 at 5:23 PM, Old School Fool said:

From NBA 2K24, the Sacramento Kings new court.

WAGr4Ab.png

I hope it's only for alternate because their current one is so cool and there is no need to change it.

On 8/30/2023 at 6:06 PM, Jay_Mellowed said:

The Suns also are bringing in a new, gradient accented, court themselves.

spacer.png

Why? It also look more suited to alternate uniform rather than home and away.

4r2eer.png

On 8/23/2023 at 12:08 PM, pelicanfan said:

New court coming soon for the Pelicans, about time the creative department of this team stepped up (i've been criticizing them for years already if you dont know.) Also note it says this October. November is when the city editions supposedly unveil so this might mean this is a new full-time home floor. which might be a bit much for a normal home floor but at least the blandness of team's uniforms balance it out. i'm pretty satisfied

October is also media day season, which is probably the reason why you’ll see the new court then. 

• Like 1
NYCdog.png

dont really understand why a court for the suns would be so heavy on the black and dark indigo(?) i mean yea they have the black statement jerseys but the court still feels out of place for their brand because they're not a black and purple team. they're more of purple and orange team with a side of black. if they really like black so much they should have went for a more black and orange court to fit those statement unis they have. also the gradient design seems pretty out of place for the brand too. and no im not counting the pixel gradient design as that looks completely different. though i wish they did use that. because now they've got three separate gimmicks for their core brand right now. you got the sunburst on the icon and association jerseys, you got the pixel gradient on the statement unis, and now you got this kings-like gradient on what seems to be a full-time home floor now (team wearing association jerseys in the pic is why i say that)

i was kinda hoping they'd do something a little old school but also modern since that's pretty much what their new icon and association jerseys are now. maybe something like this:

E1721-C7-A-8442-499-F-ACF4-A246-CA4321-A

and if they wanted a black court they could do something like this: 

EE59-D20-D-CBC4-40-E6-9-CC9-B3-A0-C7-A1-

(designs by me don't mind me plugging)

• Like 16

On 8/28/2023 at 11:16 PM, BBTV said:

When I was in jr high, we football players had to wear ties to school on game day, because "it was all about business, and we had to be in that business mindset".  That was dumb, just like our coach feeling like we'd respect him more if he was in a suit (we were in freaking 8th grade!)  My HS coach had the right idea, and every year the staff had a different golf-type shirt or matching jackets to wear over golf pants (or those old stretchy coaches pants... I forget.)  Much more appropriate.

Along those lines, I don't get why even unaffiliated people refer to coaches as "Coach Sirianni" or "Coach Reid".  The only other professions I can think of where a title is used synonymously with a person's name are Dr. and (for some reason) Chef.

Enough with it.  Enough with sleeping in the office and abandoning your family trying to figure out how to isolate the tight end against the slow linebacker.  And enough glamorizing these guys for being anything more than what they are.  That doesn't mean that some aren't extremely good at what they are - but what they are doesn't require a suit*.  Especially when every player on your team can afford a better suit than you.

*if any of these guys were to wear a suit with top hat and monocle, I'd put them in the HOF immediately.  

Suit, top hat, monocle…I’d like to see Andy Reid in that. 

• LOL 1

On 9/3/2023 at 8:07 PM, MackAttack said:

Couple new courts from 2K, my bad if already posted 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Bucks court was already used in playoffs. Celtics are moving #6 from paint to halfcourt. Pelicans is weird because it has some elements from Coastal teaser but is lacks of light blue on baselines. Portland looks wack compare to their previous court.

Spurs will also have new court with AT&T Center is now Frost Bank Center. I'll make sceen later.

EDIT, Spurs Court from 2k24 as I promised:

Spurs-Court.jpg

The saddest and worst part is that it look like wordmarks on sides became mandatory because even Portland which I believe was the last team with centred wordmarks now have them on sides.

• Like 3

4r2eer.png