2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

9 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'd be fine with teams having preseason jerseys - kind of a "you have to earn the real one" type of thing.  It would be a good way of introducing a third or fourth jersey without watering down the brand by wearing them in regular season games.  

The Steelers could have their yellow jersey, Patriots a gray one, Eagles a gray one (or maybe make the black one the preseason one), and so on.  Then keep the regular season to the primaries and a throwback game or two. 

And then they'd petition to wear it in the regular season (see batting practice jerseys in MLB).

Pass.

• Like 10

It's where I sit.

13 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

And then they'd petition to wear it in the regular season (see batting practice jerseys in MLB).

Pass.

I forgot to mention - I'm the commissioner by the time this happens, so the players and each team's gorilla will only be wearing the  primary jersey and throwback in the regular season, and any and all petitions will result in a loss of a third-round draft pick.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

It's weird that the Panthers for the 2nd year in a row have now insisted on using one of their 3 alt slots in the preseason.

And against the Lions, who have very similar colors. They seem to view it as primarily a *home-team-is-wearing-white* uniform these days, regardless of whether the heat is a factor or not. I miss when they'd wear them at home in the regular season either in primetime or in late October:

usa-today-8100223.0.jpg

130976936.jpgusa_today_10393536.0.jpg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

And against the Lions, who have very similar colors. They seem to view it as primarily a *home-team-is-wearing-white* uniform these days, regardless of whether the heat is a factor or not. I miss when they'd wear them at home in the regular season either in primetime or in late October:

usa-today-8100223.0.jpg

I miss when they used to wear silver pants with them. Seems to always be white or black more often than not recently.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

Cardinals wearing their white uniform for the first time today vs the Vikings. I really like this look, would look great with some red socks. Significant improvement over the previous set

The white uniform is really nice, but like you said needs red socks. The problem is the red uniform, giant ARIZONA, no pants stripes, mono as the main look.

• Like 5

I think single-color works because of the horn on the helmet, plus the contrast with the sleeves makes the sleeves look fancier.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 hours ago, BBTV said:

I think single-color works because of the horn on the helmet, plus the contrast with the sleeves makes the sleeves look fancier.

Sure, I could see that argument, but I think this thread is for what team will be wearing, not what they should be wearing.

And the throwback the Vikings are wearing in this upcoming game will have trim around the numbers.

(and I see has already been fixed... good work, @canzman)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Sure, I could see that argument, but I think this thread is for what team will be wearing, not what they should be wearing.

And the throwback the Vikings are wearing in this upcoming game will have trim around the numbers.

(and I see has already been fixed... good work, @canzman)

Oh I misinterpreted your post.  I thought you were saying that the actual uniforms should have gold trim (meaning, if the ones they were wearing were only single color), not that the real ones did, and you were referring to canzman's graphic requiring an update.

I honestly forgot which throwbacks they were wearing (single number or outlined.)

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 3:26 PM, Pigskin12 said:

usa-today-8100223.0.jpg

Is it just me or is the blue  from last season closer to the reebok electric blue? Wasn't the goal to do the opposite?spacer.png

8 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Is it just me or is the blue  from last season closer to the reebok electric blue? Wasn't the goal to do the opposite?

No, the goal was to get it closer to the team's official shade of blue, Panthers Blue (or Process Blue), that Nike was unable to properly recreate when the NFL made the switch in the early 2010s, whenever it was. Presumably Reebok had been able to properly produce Panthers blue so the new blue jerseys look more like the pre-Nike set.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

Read a while back that the Titans try to avoid wearing white pants on grass. That's why they have pretty much worn Navy pants for all home games.

But this season they replaced their home grass with synthetic turf. Only one preseason game but they wore Navy over White.