2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

47 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Hot take incoming: the Falcons uniforms continue to grow on me. I really think if they just didn’t include white socks in their rotation (and go with red socks whenever they go white jersey/black pants), they wouldn’t have any bad combos. I didn’t even mind the gradient jersey once I saw it in action, I’m kind of sad they don’t have any sort of red jersey option at the moment.

Tweak the number font a bit, and go with “Atlanta” and/or “Falcons” on the main home & road jerseys, and they’d have a pretty much perfect set.

If they could take ATL off the front, relegate the all-black to a "one or twice a season" combo like they did with the all-black 2003-2008, and get rid of the white socks, they would look great. I am not entirely on board with red socks b/c the road numerals are black (red road numbers + red socks would be great, kind of an inverse of the home/road logic that they had with the previous uniform set). 

But the helmet just looks freaking amazing in the MBS lighting, and when they are in black-over-white they look really good. I still will hold out for them to one day go back to primary red helmets and uniforms, but out of all the Nike redesigns that we have seen, the Falcons are one of the better ones in my opinion (yes, that may not be saying much, but still).

• Like 3

DISCLAIMER: I haven't read the last couple pages of this thread yet.

Is it just me or did the Cowboys pants look just straight blue last night. I know they shifted from the seafoam green back to the blueish silver in recent years, but last night they looked almost baby blue. It's like they lost their pants and found some old Titans columbia pants laying around. Could have just been the rain though.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Hot take incoming: the Falcons uniforms continue to grow on me. I really think if they just didn’t include white socks in their rotation (and go with red socks whenever they go white jersey/black pants), they wouldn’t have any bad combos. I didn’t even mind the gradient jersey once I saw it in action, I’m kind of sad they don’t have any sort of red jersey option at the moment.

Tweak the number font a bit, and go with “Atlanta” and/or “Falcons” on the main home & road jerseys, and they’d have a pretty much perfect set.

You're fine with all black???

The Jets look great.  It’s like the regular uniforms but without the goofy stuff that make those bad and that helmet is absolutely beautiful with a white face mask instead of black. It’s like the nerdy girl in a teen movie took her glasses off and let her hair down.

• Like 16
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I wish the Chargers were in their white pants with the powder blue jersey, when the Dolphins wear their aqua pants with the white jersey. But what we got was outstanding nevertheless. The game was good too.

Agreed. Sometimes there can be too much going on. The Chargers tend to do this. They’ll wear powder/white against a white pants team but then go powder/yellow against a team in bright colors.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

The Jets look great.  It’s like the regular uniforms but without the goofy stuff that make those bad and that helmet is absolutely beautiful with a white face mask instead of black. It’s like the nerdy girl in a teen movie took her glasses off and let her hair down.

You mean like when Janie Briggs lost her ponytail and paint-covered overalls.

This is the best the Jets have ever looked.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

Yeah, honestly if anything I probably slightly prefer it to black over white... It just feels fitting for Atlanta, much like the all-navy works for Seattle.

Respectfully disagree. A good monochrome uniform is hard to come by in the NFL, and the Falcons in black just ain't it.

• Like 4

Stunner in Jacksonville. So glad they are finally wearing teal against KC rather than white, especially so early in the season. White socks is better than all-teal, but obviously black would've been better.

They did something similar in 2018, wearing teal at home instead of white for a Week 2 playoff rematch against the Patriots.

• Hurl 1