2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

13 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Next year the Seahawks should definitely use one of their throwback games against their AFC West opponent (looking like either the Broncos or Chargers) so that would leave 1 more game which I would prefer to be either the 49ers, Packers, or Dolphins.

They lost one game to 49ers and got swept by the Rams. Arizona is going to be last place in NFC West. Seattle will either be the second or third place team depending on what happens. Broncos have a chance at catching KC if they keep up their good play.  Chargers are last place currently, but that could change. Raiders are the ones I expect to be in last place. The Seahawks can draw any of the 4 AFC West teams, but KC is a slight chance.

I prefer Seattle to wear the throwbacks against Buffalo over Miami. I'll agree about 49ers and Packers. 

9 hours ago, gothedistance said:

I liked the wolf grey uniform better than the neon green.  I wished they kept those ones instead.

I didn't even know they got rid of them. Personally, I thought they were too light to distinguish from their regular whites (the lighting of certain stadiums plays a factor in that). It almost felt pointless for them to even wear them.

I think I would like the neon greens more if they were toned down in brightness. Also, maybe a little less yellowish. I do think they look best paired with their navy pants.

On 12/1/2023 at 9:06 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Do you have an article to share about that? Or at least more details?

Sounds like a really interesting story.

I visit Dallas a few times. Some told me Murchison did not believe in the curse, but they played the Seahawks in 1980 when they were silver, blue, and green. So, Murchison wanted new blue uniforms because he saw that not only his team and Detroit had the same colors, but an AFC team does as well and wanted to go a different direction with the blue uniforms.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 9:48 AM, ruttep said:

I always heard it's because they kept losing big games in royal blue, including Super Bowl V and the NFC Championship Game the year before, so they felt the previous uniforms were cursed.

The Cowboys then owner, Clint Murchison did not believe in the curse. They played Seattle in 1980 when the Seahawks in the AFC West that time when there were only 28 teams. Murchison noticed they wore silver, royal blue, and green. So, he decided that in 1981, the Cowboys should look different using navy blue instead, but did not want to change the white jerseys as he grew to like them, and he felt that fans recognized them since the white jerseys is synonymous (silly word there used a lot by the Millennials) to the Cowboys.

I'm also in agreement that the current uniform set and uniforms are a much better fit for the Seahawks, though the throwbacks are undeniably gorgeous. A darker blue, vibrant green, and gray, is a perfect color scheme for a Seattle team. Personally, the current set is just a bit too complex, with a bunch of details that I don't really see the point of, like the patterned numbers and the chest stripes. Heck, for the sake of compromise, I'd be super down to even tweak the shade of green to be closer to Kelly and less like battery acid. I'd also be absolutely down for them to fully replace white with grey, and wear a grey away jersey. Their wolf gray jerseys have always been a fan of mine. 

Here's a concept idea I had for them a while back, mellows down some of the jersey elements and tweaks the coloring a little bit to feel more like a balance between modern and classic elements. Not super sure how well it works, but it was a fun exercise. The Seahawks are quite the tough team to redesign.

XPewOX8.png

• Like 16

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

5 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

I'm also in agreement that the current uniform set and uniforms are a much better fit for the Seahawks, though the throwbacks are undeniably gorgeous. A darker blue, vibrant green, and gray, is a perfect color scheme for a Seattle team. Personally, the current set is just a bit too complex, with a bunch of details that I don't really see the point of, like the patterned numbers and the chest stripes. Heck, for the sake of compromise, I'd be super down to even tweak the shade of green to be closer to Kelly and less like battery acid. I'd also be absolutely down for them to fully replace white with grey, and wear a grey away jersey. Their wolf gray jerseys have always been a fan of mine. 

Here's a concept idea I had for them a while back, mellows down some of the jersey elements and tweaks the coloring a little bit to feel more like a balance between modern and classic elements. Not super sure how well it works, but it was a fun exercise. The Seahawks are quite the tough team to redesign.

XPewOX8.png

Although grey works for a road uniform, but to be honest, a white jersey should balance the uniforms out a bit. But oh well, this looks exceptionally nice! Great job! The sleeves and pants stripes are my favorite because it adds more color on the silver pants one making the symbols the bright jade green instead of it being the same color as the pants. The sleeve stripe pattern is balanced even on the grey jerseys. Great job.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 10:09 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I don't think they're far off now. I think they had it down more or less in the 90's.

dal_50greatest_cowboys_35.jpeg

I'm being a little pedantic here, admittedly, but that photo has a fairly pronounced teal split-tone in the shadows. I think you're right that this photo illustrates the idea. But it is a little misleading in that the helmets (more silver than anything) still didn't really match the pants (more teal or blue or just darker than the helmets) in the 90s. They were closer than they are now, certainly. And granted, all of that doesn't speak to whatever the styleguides and official colors are/were either (which I think still differ to the color values used in reality on physical materials).

20 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

XPewOX8.png

I think this works well as a concept and is pretty logical. It's nice work, especially the actual stripe designs and color balance. However, I feel like this would suffer from the same "Is it white and dirty? Or just a different color?" thing that LA's bone uniforms do. Without any white, the grey reads as dingy white (because generally we're used to seeing white somewhere in football uniforms, especially away jerseys) instead of grey, a color separate from white. (I hope that doesn't come off as a strict criticism of your concept; I just don't think that eschewing white for another light color works in real life as well as it does in concept.)

52 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

I'm being a little pedantic here, admittedly, but that photo has a fairly pronounced teal split-tone in the shadows. I think you're right that this photo illustrates the idea. But it is a little misleading in that the helmets (more silver than anything) still didn't really match the pants (more teal or blue or just darker than the helmets) in the 90s. They were closer than they are now, certainly. And granted, all of that doesn't speak to whatever the styleguides and official colors are/were either (which I think still differ to the color values used in reality on physical materials).

Yeah, it was silver helmets, with a pinch of blue. It did not match at all. I do remember when they Cowboys had those 1994 and 1995 season fauxback. I was hoping they switch to those instead and then 1996 with that lame double star on the stripe on the sleeves weirdness.

4 hours ago, PERRIN said:

XPewOX8.png

Needs. A. White. Jersey. 

Sorry, can't get behind a non-white road jersey.

• Like 3
  • Yawn 1

3 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Yeah, it was silver helmets, with a pinch of blue. It did not match at all. I do remember when they Cowboys had those 1994 and 1995 season fauxback. I was hoping they switch to those instead and then 1996 with that lame double star on the stripe on the sleeves weirdness.

Yeah, I would much prefer royal blue, but if they really insist on navy blue then give me this set

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

8 hours ago, bobt said:

Remember the 2007 game? 

AP070909026182.jpg?wm=api&tag=app_id=1,u

AP070909025671.jpg?wm=api&tag=app_id=1,u

AP070909025317.jpg?wm=api&tag=app_id=1,u

AP070909021951.jpg?wm=api&tag=app_id=1,u

That was my favorite uniform matchup in the series. I liked the 2011 game too. There were other games, like the two Super Bowls they met in and other older games during the regular season, but those were  before my time.

• Like 6

Skins look great but the Dolphins took a big hit using Machine, the "I want to do athletic block but don't have the actual athletic block on my computer" font. Overall, though, a much better tableau with nary a performance skirt to be found.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The colors are wonderful, but yeah, the machine ain't great.  A STL Rams font, or (here me out here, since the Miami Heat did it) a Lakers font might be nice.

And yeah - no tackling-assisters in sight.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

Just to help people who make NFL uniform concepts out, the Cowboys silver has a tint of blue in it unlike the Raiders silver.

maxresdefault.jpg

Or here's an actual photo to help demonstrate.

20131128_mje_se2_026.0.jpg 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6uXNWAo.png