2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

All white with aqua socks for Miami today. Their pregame post seemed to indicate aqua pants. 

They made and deleted a separate post specifically saying it was aqua pants. They have done this before a couple times over the years.

I was fully expecting aqua since they beat the Ravens in them last year and won their last game in them this year by 30.

What is the obsession with white socks with white pants? I thought I saw in an earlier post that it can hide breaks between them and the pants and thus help avoid fines, but I can't see any good reason for them. The "icy" thing makes no sense, and leggings in the right color shouldn't be hard to get, especially if the standard sock color is black like the Eagles or Ravens.

Panthers look excellent in blue pants today. They should be their primary away pants, though should preferably be worn with black socks. Would prefer them against a team with better contrast, but I can't complain too much. Hope any uniform redesign for the panthers focuses on blue pants, would love to see how they look with their black jerseys and helmets.

• Like 5

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

And in that same game, with the Jags, you get the horrid exaggeration of combining ugly all-white featureless pants with a no-sock all white leggings!   Maybe this white leggings deal is NBA sourced?   Really, if you think there - lots of players go with full compression leggings under their shorts showing zero skin and no signs of socks!spacer.png

Yeah, Carolina wearing the blue pants with the white jersey is a combo I never would’ve thought of, but it looks great. The only unfortunate thing is they chose one of the worst possible opponents the wear them against in the Jaguars. 

It almost convinces me that a white or a blue helmet might be the way to go, as opposed to black.

Also, Ravens - Dolphins looked great. I wish the Dolphins wore aqua pants instead, but a lot of the players at least seemed to wear aqua socks. It contrasted great against the Ravens’ black & purple.

• Like 4