2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

That's fair.

Agree to disagree on this one.

Really, I agree with the point of your original post. The Lions' current uniforms should be a modern classic as long as proper combos are worn. I just don't see that happening with how they had their best season in a generation in :censored:-up combos.

All they need in my opinion:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

(Thanksgiving only)

Shame we rarely get white on blue. It’s the best look they have. Unfortunately they wear more blue on blue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Froob said:

Shame we rarely get white on blue. It’s the best look they have. Unfortunately they wear more blue on blue.

White on silver and blue on silver >>>>>>

(When correct socks are worn)

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 7:43 AM, canzman said:

Eagles @ Buccaneers
1YPdMJf.jpg Gz7XsZL.jpg

I don't know if I am alone on this one but I am upset the Bucs are playing on Monday night for a second year in a row. Personally I always enjoyed when a warm weather team hosts a playoff game in the sun. It is even more at risk since the Rams and Chargers moved into a roofed stadium.  I can only count on 5 or so occasions we have had it in the last 15 years. JAX vs Buffalo 2018, TB vs  Philly 2021, TB vs LA 2021, SF vs MIN 2019,  SF vs NO 2011, and MIA vs BAL 2008.

17 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Chargers have a navy alt and a royal blue alt, but neither color appears anywhere on their primary uniform. 

They're both technically Color Rushes, and the rules for Color Rush said that Throwback colors could be used.

da0Lbhs.png

A while ago it was brought up about when was the last time Miami wore white at home for a night game. Prior to the week 18 Buffalo game,  the games where the Dolphins wore white at home, 2004 against Steelers and 1997 against Bears, were originally a daytime game. What game had the Dolphins wearing white jerseys at home that wasn't moved, that was a nighttime start?

1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

A while ago it was brought up about when was the last time Miami wore white at home for a night game. Prior to the week 18 Buffalo game,  the games where the Dolphins wore white at home, 2004 against Steelers and 1997 against Bears, were originally a daytime game. What game had the Dolphins wearing white jerseys at home that wasn't moved, that was a nighttime start?

The game last Sunday technically wasn’t originally a daytime start. Every Week 18 game was listed as TBD, with three primetime slots available.  I think the decision was more of a “icy, all-white, drip, whiteout, we beat the Bills in this combo last year” decision rather than a daytime heat decision. Pretty much anyone could’ve guessed this game wasn’t ever gonna be played at 1pm. At least the loss means it hopefully won’t happen again.

The Bucs will almost undoubtedly paint the endzones red as well (GUD has them as green, not sure why; they've painted them red for (almost?) all home playoff games in recent memory.) This should be a pretty good looking game, at least for the home team.

• Like 2

ClAFLDa.png

13 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

No navy pants as some speculated. Oh, and that caption might be the worst offense yet.

In the context of things, “extra icy” would insinuate all white from helmet down to cleats. Not half navy blue half white. Idiots.

• Like 8

Hot take (maybe): All-white from the pants down, paired with colored helmets and jerseys, looks EVEN WORSE than mono-white with white socks...Eagles, Texans, Vikings, Cowboys are the worst offenders.

A football uniform on top, white tights on bottom. Not. Good.

• Like 17
  • Applause 4

4 hours ago, timjameskohler said:

Hot take (maybe): All-white from the pants down, paired with colored helmets and jerseys, looks EVEN WORSE than mono-white with white socks...Eagles, Texans, Vikings, Cowboys are the worst offenders.

A football uniform on top, white tights on bottom. Not. Good.

Yep. It gives off this weird practice-but-also-formal look/feel. The same thing works the other way too for away uniforms like the Ravens and Saints when they wear black pants (with no stripes, especially) and black socks.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Commanders are definitely the worst offenders. At least with the Eagles, Texans, Vikings & Cowboys there's some white in the helmet. 

Commanders wore the icy white look waaaay too much this season but they didn't wear their white socks and white pants with their color jerseys on top like those other teams you mentioned. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ptay said:

Commanders wore the icy white look waaaay too much this season but they didn't wear their white socks and white pants with their color jerseys on top like those other teams you mentioned. 

They showed a shocking amount of restraint in Year 1 of the new set, mostly sticking to burgundy/burgundy/white/burgundy at home and burgundy/white/burgundy/white on the road. They then turned around this year and did exactly what we all feared they'd do the first time around. The Commies' uniforms are horrible, but they're so much more tolerable in proper uniform combos. When worn as mono combos, we all really get to marinate in how badly they were designed.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

No navy pants as some speculated. Oh, and that caption might be the worst offense yet.

Can we stop complaining about social media captions like this? We get it, you don't like team social media accounts trying to be relatable. It's starting to get old and most importantly I don't even care what these teams post most of the time, the Texans account could have tweeted "Pee pee butt fart" for all I care.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 4
  • Eyeroll 1

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Can we stop complaining about social media captions like this? We get it, you don't like team social media accounts trying to be relatable. It's starting to get old and most importantly I don't even care what these teams post most of the time, the Texans account could have tweeted "Pee pee butt fart" for all I care.

Dude,  calm down. The post was about their uniform for the week and I briefly pointed out at the end that the caption didn’t even make sense.  The comment below me even agreed.

I’ll stick to complaining about white pants with white socks like 80% of the posts on here if that’s preferred. Oh, and why would anyone have a problem with pee pee butt fart? That would be objectively humorous.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1