2026 FIFA World Cup Logo

BlazerBlaze

“All 16 hosts will have a custom version.”

Hmm, I’m intrigued as to what that could possibly entail. I feel like that could mean anything from “host city name under main logo” to a full on LA 2028 style package that literally includes 16 different logos based on the same template, but with an icon of some sort swapped out.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

“All 16 hosts will have a custom version.”

Hmm, I’m intrigued as to what that could possibly entail. I feel like that could mean anything from “host city name under main logo” to a full on LA 2028 style package that literally includes 16 different logos based on the same template, but with an icon of some sort swapped out.

Is it them copying Euro 2024 where each city had it's own basic logo, but wasn't given true pride of place anywhere? 

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZKzFfNDNgUoJ8a6x5

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

spacer.png

I can’t believe that’s actually it. I was watching that final reveal waiting for it to fill in with colors or patterns or something, and then it just never did. I kept waiting for the png of the trophy to turn into something stylized, and it never did. They’re really going to run with that. Mother of mercy.

Maybe that’s what these 16 different host-specific logos are really - that shape filled in with whatever colors or patterns or icons ties it into the city. Even still, this is a really rough mark to lead out with. It’s an absolute nothingburger. 

• Like 8

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

16 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Oh yawn

bdMHsqB__400x400.jpg

They literally just searched "World Cup Trophy" and put the first image they saw over this. That's... really bad. They managed to take the LA 2028 logo and make the idea even more boring. It says nothing about the host nations, heck this even looks like a placeholder, not the actual final product. And I'm venturing that this "customization" for each city will be little more than just a color/simple pattern and the city name underneath. Leave it to us Americans to literally sanitize and pull the character out of event logos, it has happened with almost every major sporting event in the USA (Super Bowl, NBA Finals, All-Star Games, etc.)

Compared to the creative approach of previous World Cup logos, this is an embarrassment. At least those said something about the host and its culture/identity. In contrast, I have no idea what this is supposed to communicate.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Also the presentation event itself was hilariously amateur hour, I guess I should have seen this coming. The YouTube stream crashing for five minutes, Lalas trying five times to say “Emmy Winning” but saying some variation of “Ebble Wimble” instead, 300 minutes of highlights for no reason but filler, and “watch parties” in Dallas, Seattle, and Vancouver that weren’t watch parties at all and filmed with Nokia Bricks should have been an indicator of what was coming. 

That thing had a soundtrack and it was “Yakety Sax” on repeat.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

I hate hate hate that it's not consistent with the last 3 templates, in the shape of the trophy. No color either. Smh

fifa-world-cup-logos-feature-image.jpg

That part doesn’t bother me. I would take any kind of “local flavor” design that showed off American, Canadian, and Mexican influence. Instead we were given a totally soulless, corporate, generic steaming pile of sh**. This is seriously what they’re going to run with? I know people got pissed off when the Super Bowl went with the generic logos, but honestly, this is way worse.

I am especially disappointed because I’ve been looking forward to this for years. I am 32 but was too young to remember 1994. This will be massive for me as a football fan to see the World Cup in my home country. This is what we get to look forward to? Zero color, zero inspiration.

This is truly a disgrace.

• Like 4

Just now, FinsUp1214 said:

Also the presentation event itself was hilariously amateur hour, I guess I should have seen this coming. The YouTube stream crashing for five minutes, Lalas trying five times to say “Emmy Winning” but saying some variation of “Ebble Wimble” instead, 300 minutes of highlights for no reason but filler, and “watch parties” in Dallas, Seattle, and Vancouver that weren’t watch parties at all and filmed with Nokia Bricks should have been an indicator of what was coming. 

“Ebble Wimble” is hilarious. Now I wish I’d seen it. Sounds like something you’d say while chewing on rocks.

• Like 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Just now, FinsUp1214 said:

Oh, they were just working with whatever budget that was left over from the hundreds of millions of dollars that went into the "intensive design process" for this logo, while I could throw the same thing together in 2 minutes on Microsoft Powerpoint.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Home Alone Kevin GIF

Anyway, here's the story I wrote for the mothership if you care to read any more about this abomination.

EDIT: Also, just look at this presentation of it. LOOK AT IT. Why pick one background color when you can pick ALL OF THEM.

FIFA-World-Cup-26-Official-Brand-unveile

Edited by officeglenn
  • Hurl 2
  • Meh 1