2026 FIFA World Cup Logo

BlazerBlaze

I think I've only felt this once before about a logo unveiling, but like, I'm physically angry at how bad this is. Like, this is completely and utterly horrible and devoid of any life or vibrancy. There's no way they don't change this logo within the next 3 years right? There's just no way, I refuse to believe it considering the amount of backlash it's already gotten on every form of social media. 

Who tf knows though, it's FIFA, and it's not like they give two $hits about the fans. 

• Like 8

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

10 hours ago, BlazerBlaze said:

If you think Alexi Lalas is the worst part of this logo/presentation/reveal then you should get your eyes checked. 

Alexi is the worst representation of a soccer hack known to man, but Infantino is just Lex Luthor without the super suit and a Kryptonite bullet hidden in his jacket.  That logo defeats both of them however. I seriously thought it was just a temporary place holder, then I realized that was the logo. This is face melting Ark of the Covenant mularkey.

FIFA-World-Cup-26-Official-Brand-unveile

Clockwork Orange Meme Generator - Imgflip

• LOL 6

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

49 minutes ago, BrySmalls said:

It's all Alexi Lalas' fault! 

The logo being this bad only makes sense if Alexi actually designed it on his phone ten minutes before the broadcast. 

21 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

I think I've only felt this once before about a logo unveiling, but like, I'm physically angry at how bad this is. Like, this is completely and utterly horrible and devoid of any life or vibrancy. There's no way they don't change this logo within the next 3 years right? There's just no way, I refuse to believe it considering the amount of backlash it's already gotten on every form of social media. 

Who tf knows though, it's FIFA, and it's not like they give two $hits about the fans. 

1AuRV92.png?1

Even Danny Rojas can't give that thing "Mucho, mucho joy". 

• LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

32 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Yeah, I’m feeling a lot of feelings with this one too. I think what I feel more than anything is shock, repulsion, and genuine concern about where World Cup branding (and maybe the branding of sports events in general) is headed moving forwards.

The opportunity to blend the cultural inspiration of three countries together and make something visually exciting was right there. Especially in a host area that for the most part is still growing Soccer interest and could use something more celebratory of the locale to inspire. It was an open net! How they deliberately decided to not only miss the net, but not take the shot at all in favor of “modularity” or whatever is severely dissapointing. And that’s not even considering the bizarre decision to literally slap a png image of the real trophy onto it, call it a day, and do so with a straight face. 

I guess I’m just genuinely floored that this is really what all parties involved decided was the right course of action. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.

• Applause 5

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

During the broadcast, I saw them put the trophy inside the “26” display. I kept waiting for more and more design elements to appear and add to the design. And then it became apparent there were none and that was literally the logo. It was the most anticlimactic reveal and I think the reaction it’s gotten had only emphasized how sh** it is.

This is disgraceful. Shameful. Disgusting. Shame on FIFA. Shame on the three federations for signing off on this.

This logo does absolutely nothing to inspire or excite, or even make the tournament memorable or relatable to where it’s located.

I know this is probably the 3rd or 4th time I’ve posted in this thread but I’m truly angry with how this was handled.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5

Just now, BrySmalls said:

@MJWalker45, for some reason, I cannot quote you, but perhaps that's exactly what Lalas did! I sense a conspiracy. /sarcasm

Not sure why that's happening, but I think this would have been better if they took the idea of what adidas did at the Euros and put the trophy inside an outline of the stadium for each game rather than this. Heck, just illustrating the damn trophy would have been better.

IN9lIpW.png

This was done in 15 minutes in Paint, and if this was what was rolled out we'd likely complain, but we wouldn't be facepalming harder than the Brazil World Cup logo did. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

I absolutely despise this idea that people can't figure out it's a World Cup without a World Cup Trophy in the logo the same as the NFL did to the Super Bowl.

At least the NFL has gone to the effort of designing an illustrated version of their trophy. They didn’t just do a google image search of the Vince Lombardi Trophy. 

• Like 6

After sitting on it for a night and seeing more designs come out around the brand, I see what they were going for. I don't agree with a logo PNG front and center, but like, they went for a country neutral route for the biggest world cup yet. But there's a lot of interesting elements in the entire brand. It's a flexible logo for a world cup that spans 3 countries.

But then again, i've matured enough to see what the NFL is doing with the super bowl. That's what this is.

• Like 1

Guys, I kinda get it.

First World Cup with 3 host, first World Cup with 48 countries. Do yall expect the same statis logo like its 1966 in England. I KINDA get it, Each host city will have its own color scheme and when you put them all together they will have this big colorful logo. 

Not excusing FIFA, but they are trying a different marketing scheme. 

I just dont think its the end of the world like some folks, and Im a guy that has went to 3 World Cups. So dont think im an outsider

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 6
  • Facepalm 1

12 minutes ago, raysox said:

After sitting on it for a night and seeing more designs come out around the brand, I see what they were going for. I don't agree with a logo PNG front and center, but like, they went for a country neutral route for the biggest world cup yet. But there's a lot of interesting elements in the entire brand. It's a flexible logo for a world cup that spans 3 countries.

But then again, i've matured enough to see what the NFL is doing with the super bowl. That's what this is.

If this is the start of standardized branding by FIFA, I don't like it. With multiple countries now needing to host a men's World Cup, this is going to be so damn bland.  Just follow the idea for Ukraine/Poland 2012:

Official Logo for UEFA EURO 2012 Editorial Photo - Image of abstract,  colors: 245853862023 FIFA Women's World Cup - Wikipedia

If the game is in the USA use a blue background, green for Mexico and red for Canada. Use whatever is the national flower for each country, or whatever flower/plant/piece of art that works in a round shape.  Simply creating a bespoke pattern for each country is an option too, it doesn't have to apply to all three. Or just rotate the colors like Germany did. 

Euro 2024 Logo Unveiled – SportsLogos.Net News

Cities can be as easy as this from the Women's Euros

UEFA WOMEN'S EURO 2022 DRAW PRESS KIT

With the USA and Mexico possibly hosting the 2027 World Cup, I hope they get a much better logo than what dropped, figuratively and literally, yesterday.

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

28 minutes ago, andregunts said:

Guys, I kinda get it.

First World Cup with 3 host, first World Cup with 48 countries. Do yall expect the same statis logo like its 1966 in England. I KINDA get it, Each host city will have its own color scheme and when you put them all together they will have this big colorful logo. 

Not excusing FIFA, but they are trying a different marketing scheme. 

I just dont think its the end of the world like some folks, and Im a guy that has went to 3 World Cups. So dont think im an outsider

I think they should have done more work than what this is. Like I said earlier, there are plenty of logos that had to integrate multiple countries in Europe that they should have dug into for inspiration. The final logo looks like what you hand your design team as your starting point. It shouldn't have made the final cut. Changing the colors around the logo won't help this look any better. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

32 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think they should have done more work than what this is. Like I said earlier, there are plenty of logos that had to integrate multiple countries in Europe that they should have dug into for inspiration. The final logo looks like what you hand your design team as your starting point. It shouldn't have made the final cut. Changing the colors around the logo won't help this look any better. 

Listen I get it, when you look at the initial logo at face value I was disappointed as hell too, but remember this isn’t just a simple “logo” this is a “visual identity” with multiple phases, the little promotional videos I have been seeing for the host cities I’m actually very excited with the way how it’s presented. 

if for 2030 it’s the same template then I will be upset but I think for this one they are trying some other new things, just be patient 

• Facepalm 3