2026 FIFA World Cup Logo

BlazerBlaze

If this was how it was going to be, then the official bid logo might actually be better.

spacer.png

This graphic with the colors looks a bit better:

spacer.png

Even still, there is nothing to tell you where the event is being hosted. For all we know, this logo could represent a tournament held in France, Japan, Switzerland, or Uruguay. It’s generic, bland, flavorless trash.

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

Home Alone Kevin GIF

Anyway, here's the story I wrote for the mothership if you care to read any more about this abomination.

EDIT: Also, just look at this presentation of it. LOOK AT IT. Why pick one background color when you can pick ALL OF THEM.

FIFA-World-Cup-26-Official-Brand-unveile

That is so disorientating 😂 “disorienting” was the word I was looking for. Lol

• Like 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

After the initial shock has worn off, another takeaway of mine is that there is a reason using actual images does not make for successful logos.

Also, it sounds like this will be the norm going forward. If I reading the press release correctly, it sounds like future World Cups will follow a similar brand language like the Super Bowl started using a round 2010 or so.

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/canadamexicousa2026/media-releases/fifa-world-cup-26-tm-official-brand-unveiled-in-a-celebration-of-football

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

After the initial shock has worn off, another takeaway of mine is that there is a reason using actual images does not make for successful logos.

Also, it sounds like this will be the norm going forward. If I reading the press release correctly, it sounds like future World Cups will follow a similar brand language like the Super Bowl started using a round 2010 or so.

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/canadamexicousa2026/media-releases/fifa-world-cup-26-tm-official-brand-unveiled-in-a-celebration-of-football

I absolutely despise this idea that people can't figure out it's a World Cup without a World Cup Trophy in the logo the same as the NFL did to the Super Bowl.

Each one is unique and memorable in its own right. By trying to meld them altogether into one you begin to forget them individually and nothing becomes remarkable. NBA/NHL/MLB has this problem with older tournaments. Who won the NBA Finals 3 years ago?

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Cujo said:

Oh yawn

If you ever think that you can't be a designer because you can't draw or you have poor imagination, don't believe in yourself or whatever any other reason then just look at that logo, yell "Yes, I can!" and just do it. For real.

• Like 6

4r2eer.png

3 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

I absolutely despise this idea that people can't figure out it's a World Cup without a World Cup Trophy in the logo the same as the NFL did to the Super Bowl.

Each one is unique and memorable in its own right. By trying to meld them altogether into one you begin to forget them individually and nothing becomes remarkable. NBA/NHL/MLB has this problem with older tournaments. Who won the NBA Finals 3 years ago?

I don't think it matters at all what's on the logo. There is so much information now that nothing is memorable for long.

Hmm... what did I have for breakfast this morning?

“[This tournament] will be beyond imagination,” FIFA president Gianni Infantino said during the launch event. “It will turn these three countries upside down and back again.”

I suppose "beyond imagination" could also be interpreted as "completely devoid of imagination." In which case, well done, brief met.

• Like 2

spacer.png

What does “We Are 26” even :censored:ing mean as a marketing slogan? How is it memorable or inspiring in any way? There’s 3 countries, 16 host cities, 48 teams. It will be the 23rd World Cup, 96 years since the first one. WHO is 26? 

and the “regional logos” are just as uninspired and bad as the main one. I can’t stand this trend where everything needs to be a blank canvas so it has “intermodularity”, “flexibility” and other BS marketing speak that some exec who half-listened to some tech bro’s inane thoughts about the direction of the future of branding wanted to impose

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
07Giants.pngnyy.png