2026 FIFA World Cup Logo

BlazerBlaze

22 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

So wait, are the “host city-specific” logos really just recoloured versions of the garbage neutral one?

spacer.png

Um... Why is Toronto anything other than red and white? They come up with a :censored: logo and can't even do the city-specific colour correctly.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

I think I've only felt this once before about a logo unveiling, but like, I'm physically angry at how bad this is. Like, this is completely and utterly horrible and devoid of any life or vibrancy. There's no way they don't change this logo within the next 3 years right? There's just no way, I refuse to believe it considering the amount of backlash it's already gotten on every form of social media. 

Who tf knows though, it's FIFA, and it's not like they give two $hits about the fans. 

Curious to know what that was...

11 minutes ago, andregunts said:

Guys it’s not 1930 anymore with a simple logo. Let’s see how the whole thing plays out and then we’ll see can look back and critique. 

Where are you getting this idea that everybody wants it to be 1930 again from? Besides, there weren’t “simple logos” in 1930 anyways - most examples that are cited as sports logos from that time period were really illustrations, cartoons, or even full posters or cards that were never official logos as outlined in a specific brand guide. Branding was far looser back then, and was for quite a long time after that. If you’re just trying to simply call those you disagree with old, then whatever, but at least get the era a little closer to correct if you’re going to do that.

Anyways, you can have a progressive, forward thinking brand with a strong logo; the two are not mutually exclusive. I’d argue you’re putting yourself in a box if you think you can’t pull both off.

• Like 6

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

14 minutes ago, ujju2 said:

Um... Why is Toronto anything other than red and white? They come up with a :censored: logo and can't even do the city-specific colour correctly.

FIFA World Cup 2026 Houston logo

RSV7TIb.png

olUzApf.png

Check Out the FIFA World Cup Host City Logo for Philly 2026 – NBC10  Philadelphia

The Miami 'drumroll' for 2026 World Cup begins Thursday with logo reveal,  festivities

Dallas uses Tampa Bay Mutiny colors and Houston got stuck with the Arlington Renegades options. Kansas City is blue and red. They would have been better off using MLS colors of the teams in those cities instead of these. And of course the bid logos look better:

FIFA will soon unveil official logo for North Texas-bound 2026 World Cup

Houston 2026 World Cup Bid Committee unveils logo

Seattle selected as one of 11 U.S. host cities for World Cup soccer matches  in 2026 – GeekWire

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I'm trying to compile host city logos for the mothership and OH DEAR LORD is this frustrating. Some have them posted to their Twitter pages, some don't. Some have them available to download on their host city websites (which are all separate from FIFA for some reason), some don't. Some are on transparent backgrounds, some on on solid. Vancouver has 4 different ones available to download, but they all have different color schemes. There's no uniformity at all. I can't make heads or tails of it.

• Like 7

I actually think this direction had potential - I really like the Los Angeles logo with the way it incorporates a city-specific graphic into the 26.

FwaxpqraIAEuwSl.jpg

If every other city had followed this template then you can save the city logos. Simplify the trophy (obviously, that decision can't be justified in any universe) and give the three countries their own logos as well. The primary logo can be a combination of the three country logos. Then there you go, you've got your logo system while still creating an appealing brand.

• Like 6

the user formerly known as cdclt

9 hours ago, raysox said:

After sitting on it for a night and seeing more designs come out around the brand, I see what they were going for. I don't agree with a logo PNG front and center, but like, they went for a country neutral route for the biggest world cup yet. But there's a lot of interesting elements in the entire brand. It's a flexible logo for a world cup that spans 3 countries.

But then again, i've matured enough to see what the NFL is doing with the super bowl. That's what this is.

I' m not going to let you polish this turd. This is bad and there's nothing redeeming about it. This not a logo. This is clipart disguised as a logo.

• Like 2

Its interesting to me that certain cities got patterns  and some didn't. I can't help but wonder if there's a tie in to who's getting round of 16 games/Quarters/Semis that have the patterns, and then only group stage getting colors?

• Like 1
Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

8 hours ago, ujju2 said:

Because Toronto is blue and white. Red and white are Canada, not Toronto.

Doesn't explain the green though

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

8 hours ago, andregunts said:

Listen I get it, when you look at the initial logo at face value I was disappointed as hell too, but remember this isn’t just a simple “logo” this is a “visual identity” with multiple phases, the little promotional videos I have been seeing for the host cities I’m actually very excited with the way how it’s presented. 

if for 2030 it’s the same template then I will be upset but I think for this one they are trying some other new things, just be patient 

I don't want to be patient when this tournament is supposed to be helping raise the bar for soccer in the United States and people will be spending more time laughing at this disaster of a set. The logo doesn't make a tournament, but until a ball gets kicked, this is what everyone will see.

• Applause 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png