2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

9 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I was more puzzled laying up for the field goal going into the half. 4th & 2.5 yards to the endzone...that screams "go for it" in Campbell-ese. "It was just a little too far"...bull :censored:

Having said that, there's making a decision and then there's the way the play works out...the first 4th down attempt that backfired - the first Reynolds drop - was a perfectly called and executed play, the receiver :censored:ing dropped it. Backbreaker. They never recovered from that.

The play on the drop wasn't perfectly called or executed, Bosa got around the edge fast, which forced Goff to hurry the pass, which then caused Reynolds to come back to the ball. 

• Like 1

Lions fans were sick of living like Browns fans. Now they have a taste of what it's like to be a Vikings fan.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

22 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Lions fans were sick of living like Browns fans. Now they have a taste of what it's like to be a Vikings fan.

A gut wrenching conference championship loss (see the drive & the fumble) makes them now even more like Browns fans.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

57 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Red Right 88, the Drive, and the Fumble have entered the chat.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

17 minutes ago, Sport said:

If it weren't for the Bengals the Chiefs would be in their fifth straight super bowl. You're welcome, America. 

And bless your team for doing it.

My team only ever gets the consolation prize of playing them close and almost winning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

For those old enough...

...which I am for the Drive and the Fumble (had to look the other one up). I recall the Broncos pulling wins out of the air a couple of times vs. the Browns. But the Technically Not Expansion Browns was the best I could come up with for the change from futility to crapping the bed.

I'm old enough to have seen all but two NFC teams in the Super Bowl: The Vikings and the Lions. It's funny that it's for two very different reasons; one for futility and the other for finding inventive ways to nullify being one of the more competitive franchises in the league. It felt like Lions fans got a taste of Viking fandom yesterday. I still don't know which is worse...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

23 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

The Ravens always win when I want them to lose, and lose when I want them to win. They’re the goddamn Steelers but in Purple. 

You should never want the Steelers to win. There's your first problem. 

• Like 1

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

17 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:
2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

For those old enough...

This is not a knock against you or your point, but why is it that we automatically give young people a pass on not knowing sports history? It wouldn't kill them to learn that Houston had a much worse collapse in the 1992 playoffs than the Lions did yesterday. Or that the Browns existed and were breaking the hearts of their fans in the playoffs well before 1999. If we make a reference that was "before their time" they can look it up and learn something.

This concludes my get off my lawn speech. 😎

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

BB52Big.jpg

16 hours ago, PERRIN said:

Even if it ended in heartbreak, still a helluva season for the Lions. They'll absolutely be back soon enough with all their young talent. Wishing them the best next near.

I can't just drag an image in this forum as easily as I should, but I saw a Tweet with a list that shows recent failures of this with the following teams:

2007 Chargers

2009 Jets

2009 Vikings

2010 Jets

2010 Bears

2014 Colts

2015 Cardinals

2017 Jaguars

2019 Titans

2020 Bills

2020 Packers

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

30 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

But the Technically Not Expansion Browns was the best I could come up with for the change from futility to crapping the bed.

The Browns weren't team futility before they moved to Baltimore. In the Super Bowl era through the move in 1995, they made the playoffs in '67, '68, '69, '71, '72, '80, '82, '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, and '94., and they only had nine losing seasons in that span. They made the conference championship game in '68, '69, '86, '87, and '89. Point being, the Browns are not a good example of being awful forever before they achieved "crapping the bed" level. They'd been crapping the bed all along which might be even worse.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

42 minutes ago, Alex Houston said:

I can't just drag an image in this forum as easily as I should, but I saw a Tweet with a list that shows recent failures of this with the following teams:

2007 Chargers

2009 Jets

2009 Vikings

2010 Jets

2010 Bears

2014 Colts

2015 Cardinals

2017 Jaguars

2019 Titans

2020 Bills

2020 Packers

Depends on what you mean by "back." Those Bills haven't lost their division since. Last season their teammate died on the field. This year they were missing 7 defensive starters and lost by 3.

I know I'm being a fanboy some of these things are not like the others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

34 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

The Browns weren't team futility before they moved to Baltimore. In the Super Bowl era through the move in 1995, they made the playoffs in '67, '68, '69, '71, '72, '80, '82, '85, '86, '87, '88, '89, and '94., and they only had nine losing seasons in that span. They made the conference championship game in '68, '69, '86, '87, and '89. Point being, the Browns are not a good example of being awful forever before they achieved "crapping the bed" level. They'd been crapping the bed all along which might be even worse.

This is why I call the Ravens the old Browns still, the new Browns (1999-present) have nothing in common except name, logo and colors.

• Dislike 4

21 minutes ago, TrueYankee26 said:

This is why I call the Ravens the old Browns still, the new Browns (1999-present) have nothing in common except name, logo and colors.

I much prefer the old Browns to the new version. We lost our team and the fans somehow lost 20 football IQ points in the process.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

4 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

And bless your team for doing it.

My team only ever gets the consolation prize of playing them close and almost winning.

We've also had one of those in this Chiefs dynasty they're in the midst of right now and it sucks, though, 2021 is great solace. It is nice to at least have that. 

All of 2022 was annoying from my perspective because it was like the Bills got more credit for almost beating the Chiefs in 2021 than the Bengals got for actually beating the Chiefs. Didn't make sense to me.

PvO6ZWJ.png