2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

5 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

and the other one has a white guy at running back.

Also, because it would’ve come up way more if the Ravens won, anything and everything involving Trey Lance. Not that Trey Lance was anything beyond a backup in Dallas, but still.

Only Zombie Deadspin would really take that bait, and who looks at ZD other than to gawk?

2 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

On one hand, sure

On the other, the amount of the Sports Blogosphere going from pretending to be die-hard Philadelphia sports fans last year to 12 months later going full on Chiefs fans because of Taylor Swift making the worst people on social media annoyed is giving me whiplash.

You skipped a step: they all became die-hard Ravens fans first and then they pivoted to saying that if you don't support Taylor Swift cooking the planet so that she can larp as a high school senior from Denton, Texas, you hate all women.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Zombie Deadspin sounds nice, but I haven’t seen Undeadspin yet. Someone should get on that. 

I know it’s an election year, but why the :censored: do wackos of any stripe feel the need to drag politics into everything?Flipping clickbait, man.   

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

23 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

Yeah I really love the GOP going to bat for a team in their favorite American city… San Francisco, California. 

20 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

I've seen people say "Oh, this Super Bowl is going to be TERRIBLE for conservatives!" No, it's terrible for liberals: one team's logo used to be an Indian plastered over five Republican states, and the other one has a white guy at running back.

11 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

Zombie Deadspin sounds nice, but I haven’t seen Undeadspin yet. Someone should get on that. 

I know it’s an election year, but why the :censored: do wackos of any stripe feel the need to drag politics into everything?Flipping clickbait, man.   

Let's step away from the political stuff, folks.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

25 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I wanted the Texans to win the AFC, if only to troll as many teams as possible (Browns, Panthers, Titans, technically the Jags, etc.).

Don't forget the Bears, who supposedly got this parting gift of the #1 pick from Lovie Smith and turned it into one of the most incompetent starts to a season I've ever seen while the Texans absolutely warp-sped past them in their rebuild. They outclassed more of the league than not.

• Like 3

Now for something actually relevant to the topic at hand: 

Give it 40 years and the Chiefs uniforms are going to look like an African dictator’s what with all the patches that’ll inevitably wind up on it

And here are the 49ers in their classic look. Gorgeous uniform combo!

Say what you will about a Chiefs-49ers Super Bowl but at least the aesthetics look better than, say, a Ravens-Lions SB. 

1 minute ago, The_Admiral said:

Don't forget the Bears, who supposedly got this parting gift of the #1 pick from Lovie Smith and turned it into one of the most incompetent starts to a season I've ever seen while the Texans absolutely warp-sped past them in their rebuild. They outclassed more of the league than not.

It’s ridiculous how quickly the Texans have turned it around so far. I say “so far” because they could always turn into a pumpkin next season and be right back in the rebuild zone.

It’s weird that the Bears still finished better than several teams, especially with all the mayhem at the start of the season. Is this the season that truly made them a “perma-bad” team, like the Panthers are now and the Lions used to be? 

1 hour ago, JerseyJimmy said:

if you don't unconditionally support Billionaire's Boyfriend's Team then you're a conspiracy-poisoned whackjob

TIL that being a 49ers fan in this upcoming Super Bowl makes me a conspiracy theorist.

• Like 1

Just now, SFGiants58 said:

It’s weird that the Bears still finished better than several teams, especially with all the mayhem at the start of the season. Is this the season that truly made them a “perma-bad” team, like the Panthers are now and the Lions used to be? 

Either the second/last Trestman year or the first John Fox year. Take your pick: the Packers blowout on Sunday night or the Seahawks game where they punted on every possession. At one of those points they crossed the line that divides man and bum.

19 minutes ago, The_Admiral said:

...the Seahawks game where they punted on every possession.

That's the one. Jon Bois wrote a piece on it.

1.0.gif

A Secret Base on the post-1985 Bears would be a fantastic piece, of how the historically-mediocre can become truly terrible.

Nope, very real

This is what happens when the Bears go full Jimmy Clausen - CBSSports.com

The John Fox era was supposed to symbolize a steady hand on the wheel and a commitment to the basics and all that but that was when I really felt "man, this team's just gonna be bad forever."

16 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

really cool how a bunch of people who probably still pull the "OH IS THERE A SPORTSBALL ON" card like clockwork each February have decided that if you don't unconditionally support Billionaire's Boyfriend's Team then you're a conspiracy-poisoned whackjob. no, jerkoff, I just want a different goddamn team to win the AFC for once.

That's really only happening if you choose to make it happen. In the real world nobody cares  if you pull for the 49ers, which I am so they can tie the Steelers at six Super Bowls. The online poisoned whackjob faction you speak of is unimportant. Their opinions don't matter and I'm not gonna spend another second worrying about what kind of person rooting for the 49ers makes me with regards to Taylor Swift because it also doesn't matter.

Also I don't like the idea of this Chiefs team winning back-to-back Super Bowls in two seasons where they weren't really all that great in either year. They remind me of the 16 and 17 Penguins who were a good team, but only won back-to-back titles because they got really good at gaming the system to their benefit.

PvO6ZWJ.png

While I never was a fan of Taylor swift I really never paid attention to her being at the games other than the occasional glance at a headline come across my phone each Sunday that she’s there. In the games I watched they hardly showed her. What I do have issue with is the tribalism of the T-Swift mafia now making every other post on my social media be “if you have a problem with T-Swift being at the game then you’re part of the patriarchy” or something along those lines. I didn’t want the chiefs to win before I wasn’t even thinking they’d make it out of the first round, but now I want them to crash and burn and see all the fan girls minds explode.

32 minutes ago, dont care said:

While I never was a fan of Taylor swift I really never paid attention to her being at the games other than the occasional glance at a headline come across my phone each Sunday that she’s there. In the games I watched they hardly showed her. What I do have issue with is the tribalism of the T-Swift mafia now making every other post on my social media be “if you have a problem with T-Swift being at the game then you’re part of the patriarchy” or something along those lines. I didn’t want the chiefs to win before I wasn’t even thinking they’d make it out of the first round, but now I want them to crash and burn and see all the fan girls minds explode.

Social media is designed for engagement, and angry engagement is the easiest, most effective kind.

None of this is real.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags