Any thoughts on Joey Chestnut?

GDAWG

My only thought is that this is in the wrong sub-forum.  

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

genuine question, what is your problem? competitive eating in general is very silly, but it's not worth this kind of vitriol.

If you must know and I suspect it’s a bait question… you win something for so long then said competition becomes boring and predictable 

10 hours ago, JerseyJimmy said:

genuine question, what is your problem? competitive eating in general is very silly, but it's not worth this kind of vitriol.

5 hours ago, heavybass said:

If you must know and I suspect it’s a bait question… you win something for so long then said competition becomes boring and predictable 

Maybe I'm taking the bait, but I'll say that, for me, the issue is not that one person dominates the event.

I experience a profound visceral disgust at the nature of what's going on there. Whether it were a competition or just an exhibition (in the words of Letterman: "Please, no wagering"), I would hate it just as much.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

If hot dog eating isn't your thing, Nathan's also put on a lemonade chugging contest. Competitive chugger, amateur rapper, professional YouTuber and das boot enthusiast BadlandsChugs took home the title this year.

Much more palatable (pun intended) than professional hot dog guzzling imo. Downing a gallon of lemonade in just over 20 seconds is much more impressive than cramming 60 water-soaked hot dogs down your throat if you ask me. Still kind of nasty, though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I experience a profound visceral disgust at the nature of what's going on there. Whether it were a competition or just an exhibition (in the words of Letterman: "Please, no wagering"), I would hate it just as much.

I'm not as religious as I've been in the past but the entire thing smacks of gluttony to me.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 1 month later...