Any thoughts on Joey Chestnut?

GDAWG

Yesterday, he won the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest for the 16th time consuming 62 hotdogs.  Any thoughts on this?  Is it the continual downfall of America that we put this guy on a pedestal alongside actual athletes?  Is it an impressive feat?  Or do you not care at all?  I tend to fall in the latter two categories.  I don't care about that stuff, but winning it 16 times is quite impressive.  

This whole mess is a sham.  None of these dopes have eaten a hot dog in years and years and years.  They take a plain dog in a bun, soak it in water, and inhale it.  Their expertise is in being able to deepthroat bologna tubes and wet bread in two bites.

If it was my contest, each dog has to have at least one condiment, and there is no water loophole.  They'd get a can of soda or a bottle of water, none of this dipping cup bullcrap.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I've never seen the actual contest until I caught a prior year's event on ESPN the other day.

Actually watching them deep throat hot dogs right after inhaling bread water is pretty disgusting. I get why it's compelling, but it's also stomach churning too.

I had one hot dog yesterday and I can't imagine what it does to your body to have 60. They must immediately get that stuff right out of their bodies, right?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

12 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I've never seen the actual contest until I caught a prior year's event on ESPN the other day.

Actually watching them deep throat hot dogs right after inhaling bread water is pretty disgusting. I get why it's compelling, but it's also stomach churning too.

I had one hot dog yesterday and I can't imagine what it does to your body to have 60. They must immediately get that stuff right out of their bodies, right?

I would have to presume the hot dogs they're given aren't hot dogs that are loaded with preservatives and have ingredients lists longer than a Tolstoy novel. So assuming that much - ignoring that literally any food or beverage in excess is still bad for you, no matter their nutritional value - I don't think they're eating hot dogs that we see in grocery store frozen sections. At least I would really hope so.

But I'm really making an assumption here on something I know nothing about, so I could be entirely wrong. I don't know how hot dogs are made, and I don't care to know. I generally think hot dogs are quite disgusting and I haven't eaten one in years. And while I'm here, I would also say I find ketchup and mustard to be disgusting as well, ketchup especially.

• Like 1

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I would have to presume the hot dogs they're given aren't hot dogs that are loaded with preservatives and have ingredients lists longer than a Tolstoy novel. So assuming that much - ignoring that literally any food or beverage in excess is still bad for you, no matter their nutritional value - I don't think they're eating hot dogs that we see in grocery store frozen sections. At least I would really hope so.

But I'm really making an assumption here on something I know nothing about, so I could be entirely wrong. I don't know how hot dogs are made, and I don't care to know. I generally think hot dogs are quite disgusting and I haven't eaten one in years. And while I'm here, I would also say I find ketchup and mustard to be disgusting as well, ketchup especially.

They are having regular Nathan’s hotdogs who sponsor the event. Good for him that he found what he’s the best at but I don’t see why anyone cares. It’s dumb like other sports you’d find on espn 8 the ocho.

18 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Why would you assume that? Because this somehow makes it 'safer' or 'better' or something? They're consuming 60 hot dogs. Nothing is gonna make it ok.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

Here I thought they cancelled the men's event (they have a men's and women's event every year) due to the weather... Eh... oops.

Either way, that's crazy.... even crazier is this: Each Nathan's Hot Dog is 140 calories. The bun is 130 calories. So, that's 270 calories for one. He ate 62 hot dogs and buns. 270 x 62 = 16,740.

The dude ate eight times the regular calorie amount for a normal person.

• Like 2

What I find hilarious is that the only real competition he's ever had in Kobayashi pulled out due to a contract dispute with Major League Eating, an organization that really has no excuse to even be a thing.

Surely, after decades of this, and ESPN continuing to highlight it, that someone would have figured out how to challenge him.  How hasn't some YouTube/TikTok person not dedicated themselves to taking down the mighty Chestnut? 

This is getting to 80s Hulk Hogan level of predictability.

VmWIn6B.png

19 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Why would you assume that? Because this somehow makes it 'safer' or 'better' or something? They're consuming 60 hot dogs. Nothing is gonna make it ok.

You bolded the preceding sentence,  so I'm hoping you saw "ignoring that literally any food or beverage in excess is still bad for you, no matter their nutritional value" that followed it. I don't care about this event at all and I don't condone it's existence given that people are gorging themselves no matter what, but, yes, I would assume that hot dogs that aren't loaded with preservatives (if that's the case here) are still "better" than hot dogs that are loaded with them. It's bad enough to gorge yourself on anything, but you might as well at least not be stuffing yourself full of toxins while you do so, you know? That's the only reason I mention that.

Having said that, if they indeed are having regular Nathan's hot dogs, as @dont care says, like from the packages you'd see in the grocery store, then even that point is null and void as well, because they're packed full of crap. I was trying to find a small ray of sunshine in a large pile of :censored:.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Anyone else disappointed that the best eating guys are just normal dudes? Or, I guess, freak musclemen like Kobayashi?

If ever there were an event a big fat dynamo could excel at, it should be an eating contest.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

28 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Anyone else disappointed that the best eating guys are just normal dudes? Or, I guess, freak musclemen like Kobayashi?

If ever there were an event a big fat dynamo could excel at, it should be an eating contest.

Apparently it because they are so fat that the stomach doesn’t have the room to expand like the regular guys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LMU said:

What I find hilarious is that the only real competition he's ever had in Kobayashi pulled out due to a contract dispute with Major League Eating, an organization that really has no excuse to even be a thing.

Surely, after decades of this, and ESPN continuing to highlight it, that someone would have figured out how to challenge him.  How hasn't some YouTube/TikTok person not dedicated themselves to taking down the mighty Chestnut? 

This is getting to 80s Hulk Hogan level of predictability.

Matt Stonie beat him in 2015

28 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I definitely have thoughts, none of which I can share by means of language that is appropriate for this forum.

The Black Speech of Mordor?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter