MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

1 hour ago, M59 said:

IDK if this is a result of Photoshopping numbers onto imaginary jerseys, but the front numbers are wrong. What we're seeing here are just smaller copies of the 8" back numbers. Neither the Mets nor the Cardinals were wearing such front numbers as of last year. 

Are you saying the font is off or the numbers weren't there last year?

Keep in mind these are still replica jerseys (and as you noted, photoshopped). 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Folks, we have official confirmation.  What we have feared is true, all teams will be forced into the one size sleeve trim on the cuff.  See this photo by the Brewers today, the thicker patch swoosh and numeric size on the tag confirms this is the Vapor Premier (authentic) jersey.spacer.png

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

8 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

Folks, we have official confirmation.  What we have feared is true, all teams will be forced into the one size sleeve trim on the cuff.  See this photo by the Brewers today, the thicker patch swoosh and numeric size on the tag confirms this is the Vapor Premier (authentic) jersey.spacer.png

Extra confirmation here:

https://x.com/Brewers/status/1746557170391388450?s=20

I haven't been able to keep up with all of the new-template talk, so forgive me if this has been already broached. Am I crazy, or do the new template replicas in most photos seem way more wrinkly than they should be? To my eye, the material looks cheap and flimsy.

• Like 1

MLB Shop has real life images of every ball club’s jersey on the new template. I figured it would be nice to compile them all in one spot. Keep in mind these are the replicas and so far, only the homes. Replicas for 2024 now get back the front numbers and sleeve patches, which have been missing from MLB replicas for many years, dating back to the Majestic years and into the early Nike years (Nike just used rebadged Majestic materials, which explains why that carried over). Authentics will have the perforated numbers.

First up, the American League. 

AL East

Orioles - sleeve trim moves down to the cuffs.

spacer.png
Rays - no differences besides relocating the trim within the cuff. The trim looks too thick, compared to the headspoon.

spacer.png
Jays - about the same. 

spacer.png
Yanks - no changes, though I believe their previous replicas did not have the raglan sleeves, so this is a nice update for them.

spacer.png
Red Sox - no changes.

spacer.png

AL Central

Twins - no changes. Perhaps the cuff trim is slightly thicker.

spacer.png
Tigers - no changes.

spacer.png
Guardians - this is one of the worst changes, for me. On the whole, it’s largely the same. However, the way they’ve applied the collar trim to the new sewn in panel gives it the appearance of a soccer jersey.

spacer.png
White Sox - no changes.

spacer.png
Royals - no changes.

spacer.png

AL West

Astros - no changes aside from moving the trim within the cuff.

spacer.png
Rangers - there was speculation that the script was altered, but I haven’t seen it confirmed.

spacer.png
Mariners - no changes.

spacer.png
Angels - collar trim goes from the edge of the collar, to set inside of a white stripe. I actually like this change a lot.

spacer.png
A’s - no changes.

spacer.png
National League up next.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

NL East

Braves - sleeve trim is moved to the cuff, whereas before it was offset with white visible beneath the trim like the O’s. This is one of the most disappointing changes to me, because the Braves have worn that sleeve trim dating back to the Boston days.

spacer.png

Phils - no changes, but need to see if the script is still chain stitched.

spacer.png

Marlins - no changes.

spacer.png

Mets - no changes.

spacer.png

Nats - no changes.

spacer.png

NL Central

Brewers - cuff stripes look thinner.

spacer.png

Cubs - no changes.

spacer.png

Reds - no changes, aside from moving the stripe inside the cuff.

spacer.png

Pirates - no changes.

spacer.png
Cardinals - no changes. I believe Uni Watch said this script will continue to be chain stitched, though it may be applied on a separate patch, rather than direct embroidery.

spacer.png
AL West

Dodgers - no major changes, though the on field authentic showed the script breaks differently (replica looks the same as before) and the front numbers may be a tad smaller.

spacer.png
D Backs - all new design.

spacer.png

Padres - no changes, though perhaps the trim looks slightly thicker than before.

spacer.png

Giants - no changes.

spacer.png

Rockies - no changes.

spacer.png

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

33 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Angels - collar trim goes from the edge of the collar, to set inside of a white stripe. I actually like this change a lot.

spacer.png

The Halos uniform on the old Majestic/Nike template had a small gap between the collar trim and the edge of the collar, which didn't match the gap between the cuff trim and the edge of the cuff. 

AP22274196258053.jpg?w=1280&f=1&nofb=1&i

On the new template, it looks like the cuff and collar trim match up much better, and the red stripe on both is a tad thicker.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The Halos uniform on the old Majestic/Nike template had a small gap between the collar trim and the edge of the collar, which didn't match the gap between the cuff trim and the edge of the cuff. 

AP22274196258053.jpg?w=1280&f=1&nofb=1&i

Oh wow. Somehow I didn’t remember that. This photo shows it even better how minuscule that white gap was.

spacer.png

It looks like they cleaned it up nicely and it should look much better.

• Like 4

I wouldn't say the Marlins had "no change". If anything, the sleeve cuff causes the triple-stripe to be thicker. Maybe the only case of the new template improving a uniform, as you can actually see each individual color rather than the previous too-thin stripes blending into one black stripe from any distance greater than 20 ft. And I say that has someone who prefers piping to the thick striping of the 70s and 80s.

IMG-0694.jpg

Old:

24d8591c10aaeb91eeb92f0298cf410b

• Like 7

9 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Rays - no differences besides relocating the trim within the cuff. The trim looks too thick, compared to the headspoon.

spacer.png

So :censored:ing sloppy. It looks like a cheap knockoff.

But on the bright side, at least the eeve patches are heat applied.

9 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Braves - sleeve trim is moved to the cuff, whereas before it was offset with white visible beneath the trim like the O’s. This is one of the most disappointing changes to me, because the Braves have worn that sleeve trim dating back to the Boston days.

spacer.png

I'm not a Braves fan (although I am a huge fan of their ad patch—hands down the greatest in the history of sports), but that is an abomination.

• Like 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

The lower trim on the O's jerseys bothers me just as much as it does with Atlanta. Maybe when I see it on both alternates, it likely won't be as bad, but I at least feel justified in having blank replicas of each current jersey in either the Nike/Majestic style or the one before it.

I could tolerate the new trim if they were going for the classic 80s pullover, but I don't think going in that direction works with the current script.

• Like 4

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Agree that most of these Nike jersey changes are a lateral move at best and some are disappointing. 

However, for those of you willing to fork over nearly $600 for a flimsy piece of recycled material, at least the 'diaper design' of the old Majestic jerseys is no more. If Nike had unveiled that horrid design, we'd be crucifying them for months....

• Like 2

The sleeve patches aren't actual patches on the new replicas. They're sublimated, so they're basically just stickers.

I'm pretty conflicted on the new Nike template. On one hand, I think the replicas are a huge upgrade, as I never liked the previous jersey material, and getting front numbers and patches is much-needed, especially for teams where the front number is so essential to the design, like the Dodgers and Twins. I'm also glad that the so-thin-you-can-barely-see-it piping is going by the wayside for teams like the Marlins, as @McCall mentioned. The Angels also look to be a bit of an upgrade for me by increasing the width of their striping, as do the Nationals.

However, the neck inserts when no striping is present is just a bad look. It's also frustrating that sleeve striping is noticeably thicker than headspoon piping for teams like the Rays, Reds, Astros, & the Diamondbacks' new design. Also, thank goodness the replicas don't have the perforated numbers, because I have a feeling that is going to be rough  in game action.

Overall, teams with pinstripes and teams with collar + sleeve striping, such as the Giants and Pirates, seemed to get by the most unscathed on the new template. The Padres might be the overall winner, as they have both of those elements.

In a development I wasn't expecting, though, it seems like the sleeve cuff might be able to accomodate for different widths of striping? Compare the Royals and the Guardians below:

mens-nike-bobby-witt-jr-white-kansas-cit

mens-nike-jose-ramirez-white-cleveland-g

It's not as noticeable in the pictures @aawagner011 posted above, but the Royals' striping still looks to be at least a bit thicker. The same goes for the Twins' and Rangers' striping compared to other 3-stripe teams like the Brewers and Blue Jays, for example. I was expecting the stripe widths to be completely standardized with the new template, but it seems that may not be the case.

As a side note, I don't know if it's just me, but the Brewers' home jersey looks especially cream, if that makes sense. Same goes for the Giants. I wonder how the shade compares to the previous template. It looks like the Diamondbacks have a lighter shade of off-white. I wonder which shade the Twins' "Twin Cities" alt will go with.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

I'm pretty conflicted on the new Nike template. On one hand, I think the replicas are a huge upgrade, as I never liked the previous jersey material, and getting front numbers and patches is much-needed, especially for teams where the front number is so essential to the design, like the Dodgers and Twins. I'm also glad that the so-thin-you-can-barely-see-it piping is going by the wayside for teams like the Marlins, as @McCall mentioned. The Angels also look to be a bit of an upgrade for me by increasing the width of their striping, as do the Nationals.

However, the neck inserts when no striping is present is just a bad look. It's also frustrating that sleeve striping is noticeably thicker than headspoon piping for teams like the Rays, Reds, Astros, & the Diamondbacks' new design. Also, thank goodness the replicas don't have the perforated numbers, because I have a feeling that is going to be rough  in game action.

Overall, teams with pinstripes and teams with collar + sleeve striping, such as the Giants and Pirates, seemed to get by the most unscathed on the new template. The Padres might be the overall winner, as they have both of those elements.

In a development I wasn't expecting, though, it seems like the sleeve cuff might be able to accomodate for different widths of striping? Compare the Royals and the Guardians below:

mens-nike-bobby-witt-jr-white-kansas-cit

mens-nike-jose-ramirez-white-cleveland-g

It's not as noticeable in the pictures @aawagner011 posted above, but the Royals' striping still looks to be at least a bit thicker. The same goes for the Twins' and Rangers' striping compared to other 3-stripe teams like the Brewers and Blue Jays, for example. I was expecting the stripe widths to be completely standardized with the new template, but it seems that may not be the case.

As a side note, I don't know if it's just me, but the Brewers' home jersey looks especially cream, if that makes sense. Same goes for the Giants. I wonder how the shade compares to the previous template. It looks like the Diamondbacks have a lighter shade of off-white. I wonder which shade the Twins' "Twin Cities" alt will go with.

What the Royals did, and I think it's how the Diamondbacks do it, is a 2-stripe cuff, ala, the White Sox previous black and white striped away uniforms. It appears the Guardians, like the Marlins, Blue Jays, Pirates, etc, are utilizing a 3 stripe cuff, just with navy sandwiched between two white stripes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McCall said:

What the Royals did, and I think it's how the Diamondbacks do it, is a 2-stripe cuff, ala, the White Sox previous black and white striped away uniforms. It appears the Guardians, like the Marlins, Blue Jays, Pirates, etc, are utilizing a 3 stripe cuff, just with navy sandwiched between two white stripes.

I don’t know, they both look to me like 2-stripe cuffs, but the Royals one just appears bigger.

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I don’t know, they both look to me like 2-stripe cuffs, but the Royals one just appears bigger.

From the pictures, both are using a 2-stripe cuff.  The Royals cuff is definitely bigger.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, itsmb8 said:

From the pictures, both are using a 2-stripe cuff.  The Royals cuff is definitely bigger.

For sure. To use a more clear-cut example, both the Twins and Brewers are using 3 stripes, but the Twins are clearly bigger (which is a surprise, because the Brewers’ home jersey had really big sleeve stripes on the previous template).

bEqYq3M.jpg

bOqVjIQ.jpg