This is the UFL! (XFL/USFL Merger)

Cujo

Just now, ManillaToad said:

Threepeat!

Not sure how Garbers went from competent last week to looking like the second backup, but at least the team improved from last year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, GDAWG said:

probably why I think that the Maulers will permanently be in Canton if they are brought back.  

Exactly what I've been saying. Also, bring back the previous Purple and Orange color scheme.

• Like 1

YOZXkBG.png?1

12 minutes ago, JH42XCC said:

Exactly what I've been saying. Also, bring back the previous Purple and Orange color scheme.

The black and yellow definitely limits fan support from browns fans. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Not sure how Garbers went from competent last week to looking like the second backup, but at least the team improved from last year. 

Apparently he was told prior to the game he had a training camp offer. Still doesn't excuse not risking a big play by the defense and sliding short of the line to gain twice. He got bailed out the first time, but he was a good yard short on a play that he should have been able to get the first down and more. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

11 hours ago, GDAWG said:

They probably won't be the last  American football team to do that either.  

And they weren't the first pro football team to do it. It's not even the second time it happened (since one team has done it twice).

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

And they weren't the first pro football team to do it. It's not even the second time it happened (since one team has done it twice).

Oh they mentioned that during the broadcast that this was the first threepeat in Outdoor American Football since the 60's Packers, but that it hasn't happened since the AFL-NFL Merger.  

I do see that in the AFL, The Detroit Drive won 3 of the first 4 Arena Bowls, and then the Arizona Rattlers won three in a row from 2014-2016.  In the IFL, the Sioux Falls Storm won 6 in a row.  

• Like 1

Here's an idea, promote Birmingham to the NFL and relegate the first NFL team to show signs of tanking this coming season to the UFL.

I'd rather watch the Stallions give 100% just to get dogged by 40 every week than watch an NFL team start tanking after week 6 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Facepalm 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 6/15/2024 at 6:04 PM, JH42XCC said:

The closest stadium to Portland with an ideal capacity for a UFL team would be Oregon State's Reser Stadium in Corvallis. But honestly, would anyone in Portland be willing to go to Corvallis to see their team on the field? Then again, if OKC gets a UFL team, do you really think anyone in OKC would travel to Stillwater to see their team play at Oklahoma State's Boone Pickens Stadium?

As far as the Michigan Panthers' stadium situation is concerned, I'm surprised they didn't even consider Eastern Michigan's Rynearson Stadium or Central Michigan's Kelly/Shorts Stadium, as both have the ideal capacity for a UFL venue. Plus, I think the UFL should bring back the Maulers, and relocate them from Pittsburgh to Canton, OH, thus becoming the Ohio Maulers.

If you're questioning whether anyone in Portland would be willing to travel to Corvallis to watch a UFL team play, or whether anyone in Oklahoma City would make the trip to Stillwater for the same reason, you shouldn't be surprised that the Michigan Panthers didn't consider Central Michigan University's Kelly/Shorts Stadium as a home venue. Mount Pleasant, Michigan is a 2-1/2 hour, 150-plus mile drive from Detroit. That's a much longer trip than a Portland-to-Corvallis or Oklahoma City-to-Stillwater trip.   

Cowboys sign him but not only does he make the 53 man roster, he starts and somehow becomes an All Pro, seeing as how their last two signings from Spring Football have worked out:

• Like 1

Battlehawks have already had three players agree to sign with NFL teams; LB Willie Harvey, RB Jacob Saylors and OT Jaryd Jones-Smith.

It's the bittersweet reality of Spring Football. The better your players are, the more likely they are to leave. And you're caught in between being happy for them and dreading losing so much talent at once.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, McCall said:

Battlehawks have already had three players agree to sign with NFL teams; LB Willie Harvey, RB Jacob Saylors and OT Jaryd Jones-Smith.

It's the bittersweet reality of Spring Football. The better your players are, the more likely they are to leave. And you're caught in between being happy for them and dreading losing so much talent at once.

It really is a pain. Though the coaching staff can campaign to new players 'look what happened to our other players, that could be you'. That is until your coach is poached. 

Just now, Red Comet said:

I get that. But then you also have stagnation. In order for these spring leagues to survive they have to grow the game not just in their host markets on game days. Getting more markets helps grow interest in games not featuring your local team. 

2 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

I get that. But then you also have stagnation. In order for these spring leagues to survive they have to grow the game not just in their host markets on game days. Getting more markets helps grow interest in games not featuring your local team. 

I wonder how much of this would be that the cities they wanted to go back to in 2025 weren't willing to give them the breaks they needed? 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I wonder how much of this would be that the cities they wanted to go back to in 2025 weren't willing to give them the breaks they needed? 

Possible. But these 8 team leagues are not enough for a national league with national broadcasts. Plus, more teams means you can double up the broadcasts like they've tried this year where the bulk of the country gets the best game and only local markets get the other games. 

8 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

I get that angle, but, reckless expansion is the siren’s song that has destroyed many of these types of leagues. I think another year with an actual dedicated effort to market the league in their current markets is the best way forward. If there are still issues after Season 2? Yeah, then move teams.

“But what if there isn’t a Season 3?”

There is obviously a risk of that not happening. Absolutely. A 2nd season is a blessing considering the track record. But, somehow I don’t think expanding to 2 or 4 markets is really going to be difference between thriving and non-existence. Just my two cents. 

• Like 2