A Couple of NFL Field comments

Chazberg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We shouldn't either?? ...then why are all of us here? That's what we do. We agonize over these "meaningless" things because it drives most of us nuts.

In all honesty, it really comes down to: Why can Arizona paint over the ASU markings in time, but the Steelers can not. Why can Cleveland grow grass, but Pitt/Cincy can not? When the Seahawks played in Husky Stadium, wasn't everything marked as Washngton Huskies? I think it's mainly because of the new field turf they had.

Here's what drives me nuts: Certain logos are "centered" at the 50. To me it looks right in most of thetime. For some reason, I feel that the "Patriot" face would look better at the 50, then the rest of the logo would stream behind it. I know the entire logo is now "centered" between the yard marking lines... but it looks uncentered for some reason. Also it seems that the wordmark is too close to the goal line in the end-zone. Is it centered top to bottom or not? I never got a chance to look close enough.

I'm pretty sure that the Redskins logo has the medallion centered at the 50, then the feathers are off-set. Same with the Dolphins. The sun is centered, but the tail is offset. I guess the "Circle" element being centered makes more sense.

I'm pretty sure that the Redskins logo has the medallion centered at the 50, then the feathers are off-set. Same with the Dolphins. The sun is centered, but the tail is offset. I guess the "Circle" element being centered makes more sense.

At carthage we used the Redskins logo but with a C inside. They centered the circle there on the field turf like the redskins.

We also had soccer lines on the field. I didn't have a problem with them, esspecially because a soccer player's parents donated the money for the field...

Also, if you happen to get close to Heinz Field, you'll see the big, steel double-door entryways have the word "Steelers" carved out of one door and "Panthers" out of the other. Strangely, both word are in the Steelers stencil typeface.

Heinz Field Gates

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Soccer is the single most popular sport in the world... how can you dis the most popular game in the world? (My support for this is that every country has a team, and the USA is the ONLY country that doesn't have it as a major sport).

I don't like seeing the lines of any other sport on a football field. Baseball dirt, soccer lines, etc... I am watching football, I don't want to see the other sports on my football field.

So, soccer is cool, but not when football is being played on the field.

Thank you.

i absolutely hate soccer. so i will dis soccer. :P i do have a catchphrase regarding soccer, but i'll let you figure that out what it is.

as for the endzone paintings. i kinda liked the white stripes on Heinze Field. i just figured it was for throwback reasons.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Also it seems that the wordmark is too close to the goal line in the end-zone. Is it centered top to bottom or not? I never got a chance to look close enough.

The rams do this as well, their wordmark is outlined in white and is very close to the white goal line, sometimes it looks like the goal line is doubly thick. and Cincinnati couldnt grow grass because they tried to grow it on sand

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

And Cincinnati has the fugliest end zones in all of football...as well as the uniforms. I'm calling Shenanigans, Mularkey and Blarney on this subject!

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

It's only a matter of time before there are no team logos on the field at all, only a stadium sponsor logo at the 50, and two ads in the end zones. I'd bet that real estate would bring in some serious bank.

Sadly, that's how Aussie Rules looks.

Right now, we're at the finals (what you call playoffs) and the most obvious thing is the enormous Toyota advertising covering either side of the field.

Given our grounds are 160 meters (175 yards) long, it's not quite so bad, but it's not a good look.

579035aa.gif

This ad is about 30 metres (33 yards) across either side of the ground.

Your turn will come when advertising takes over from the home team

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

It's only a matter of time before there are no team logos on the field at all, only a stadium sponsor logo at the 50, and two ads in the end zones. I'd bet that real estate would bring in some serious bank.

Nah, I don't think the NFL would ever do that...it's like that in the CFL though.

579035aa.gif

While this ad is 84.5 metres wide :D

AFL_finals_series.jpg

Where? On the MCG?

It's not quite as bad as that.

EDIT: OR are you doing a "mine's bigger than yours" thing? If so, I have the ai verison of that logo, so I could get silly with how big I could make it.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

I don't think that toyota logo is so bad. It's more of a logo for being the 'finals' rather than for Toyota. An on-field advertisment would be a lot worse if it was just a Toyota advertisement with no mention of the AFL Finals. Other than the size, I don't see the difference between that and college bowl game logos as they all have the sponsor mentioned.

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't think that toyota logo is so bad. It's more of a logo for being the 'finals' rather than for Toyota. An on-field advertisment would be a lot worse if it was just a Toyota advertisement with no mention of the AFL Finals. Other than the size, I don't see the difference between that and college bowl game logos as they all have the sponsor mentioned.

That's an improvement, though smaller, usually it's just a Toyota and the AFL logo

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

579035aa.gif

While this ad is 84.5 metres wide :D

AFL_finals_series.jpg

Where? On the MCG?

It's not quite as bad as that.

EDIT: OR are you doing a "mine's bigger than yours" thing? If so, I have the ai verison of that logo, so I could get silly with how big I could make it.

Let's not go that far..... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived