A Couple of NFL Field comments

Chazberg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jibber jabber, blah blah blah...

I'm calling Shenanigans, Mularkey and Blarney on this subject!

i declare your new catchphrase to be.....

B,B,S,B,S,S,S,B,B,B,S,B,S,B,S,B,B,S,B&S

I agree. Your new catchphrase sucks, blows, sucks, umm...stinks, bites, bumblebee, sucks, bites and umm...it sucks.

This is what our grounds look like, with dimensions.

mcg.gif

I should add this to my field template page. (Click here if you haven't seen it yet.

Some questions: What point is the 50m circle measured from? Is it from the end, where the goal sticks are? ... How big are the boxes at the goals, and the center square and circle? ... Any other missing or small markings?

While I'm mentioning it, are there any other fields, courts, etc. that anyone wants on that page?

CK3ZP8E.jpg

And Cincinnati has the fugliest end zones in all of football...as well as the uniforms. I'm calling Shenanigans, Mularkey and Blarney on this subject!

Mularkey's a little busy in Buffalo at the moment...

piratesSig.gif

OWNER -- Pittsburgh Spiders (UL) * Dynamo Missouri (PLA) * Montreal Maroons (SHL)

• 1 month later...
"B, B, & S..."

You need to sit in the corner for a time out, little boy. It kinda B, B, S and S to be you, eh?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

In honor of you, sir, we introduce the new term, "craven". So if something "B,B, S & S", we shall say that it "cravens".

Congratulations. Not many people have had such an honor bestowed upon them.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Thank you. It is such an honor to have something mamed after JamesCraven, and I'm sure JamesCraven is proud to have something in the uniform lexicon here at CCSLC.

:therock:IF YOU SMMMELLLLLLLLLLALALALALALALA WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'!

"Mularkey's a little busy in Buffalo at the moment."

Shenanigans, Blarney and Mularkey are the same thing for crying out loud!

To do those things, you would have to get approval from the NFL, of course.

Part of the problem is that Field Turf apparently doesn't work well with painted logos. When Wisconsin installed the stuff in 2003 as part of the Camp Randall Stadium renovation, it ordered its field done with red end zones (as had been the case with the old turf) and a red 'Motion W' at midfield (ditto). However, to make it look good, the Field Turf makers actually make red or white plastic grass and sew it in, much as numbers are sewn onto a jersey. And they couldn't make any red "grass" in time for the 2003 season, so the Badgers went with a no-logo field and white diagonal stripes (like Notre Dame and the one end zone in Pittsburgh) for the season, then installed the new logo and end zones this year. The yard lines and numbers are also white fake grass. All of which is much sharper looking than paint.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Honestly, I wish they would put diagonal stripes in both end zones in Pittsburgh. I just think the Steelers are one of the few franchises in the NFL who could pull that off, and it just looks kind of classy and traditional to me. Of course, once the Panthers season is over, they can resod the field and put the regular Steelers markings and end zones on the field. It would be something that would look more consistent, traditional, and it would only be used for around half the season, 2/3 at most.

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

Giants Stadium has changeable end zones that zip in and out. They have "Giants", "Jets" and a generic "Meadowlands".

They also had other end zones when the stadium had more teams, like the Hitmen of the XFL, the Generals of the USFL and Rutgers when their stadium was under renovation.

When the Giants play the Jets in pre-season, they use one end zone of each. In the regular season, they use the home team end zones.

Don't forget the NY/NJ Knights of the WLAF.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Giants Stadium has changeable end zones that zip in and out.  They have "Giants", "Jets" and a generic "Meadowlands".

They also had other end zones when the stadium had more teams, like the Hitmen of the XFL, the Generals of the USFL and Rutgers when their stadium was under renovation.

When the Giants play the Jets in pre-season, they use one end zone of each. In the regular season, they use the home team end zones.

Don't forget the NY/NJ Knights of the WLAF.

Are they really worth remembering? ^_^

I like the idea mentioned above by thegame4219 about how to make Heinz field work pretty easily. Though I don't know how much of a problem it is, because I did a quick checkup and there's only been one weekend this season where the Panthers had a game followed the next day by the Steelers.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Archived