North America Pro Soccer 2024

Brian in Boston

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I have a Galaxy Fold, so it's the same thing.

I can watch Apple TV on my Xbox; why not my stupid phone?

On android, use your brower to access Apple TV and you can watch it. Apple doesn't have an app that works for Android (or at least most android systems).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

On android, use your brower to access Apple TV and you can watch it. Apple doesn't have an app that works for Android (or at least most android systems).

Yeah but I'm not going to do that. Especially since there's a native Apple Music app on Android.

Bum ass company.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

44 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Yeah but I'm not going to do that. Especially since there's a native Apple Music app on Android.

Bum ass company.

Which is crazy because I have to use the Apple Music app on my Android to make changes to my Apple account when I forget my password. Hahahahaha 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Only 8 MLS clubs will participate in the US Open Cup. 9 of MLS reserve squads from MLS Next Pro (plus the two independent clubs) will participate. Orlando, Miami, Nashville, Cincinnati, Columbus, DC, Philadelphia, New England, St Louis will not field either team.

GHmnSUHXwAAr8yT?format=jpg&name=large

• Dislike 2

Signature intentionally left blank

4 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Only 8 MLS clubs will participate in the US Open Cup. 9 of MLS reserve squads from MLS Next Pro (plus the two independent clubs) will participate. Orlando, Miami, Nashville, Cincinnati, Columbus, DC, Philadelphia, New England, St Louis will not field either team.

GHmnSUHXwAAr8yT?format=jpg&name=large

FC Dallas will disappoint again.  

Much as I love a snow game, I can understand why this is maybe not a sustainable thing. LAFC coaches and players were all over the post-game saying this shouldn't have been played, though of course they said that after losing. Still, this is why I just blink and nod slowly whenever someone tries to push the fall-to-spring schedule scheme for MLS.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/39646626/mls-all-star-game-set-host-best-liga-mx-third

MLS vs Liga MX once again for the All Star Game. I looks like the European teams aren't arriving until just a few days before this game, so it makes sense they didn't want to play this one. The most annoying part is that EPL teams will be playing at Ohio Stadium on a temporary grass field instead of playing in an actual soccer stadium. Unfortunately I'll just miss out on seeing it in person as I'll be in the state earlier in July. 😑 I'm pretty sure we can expect next year's game to be at Hard Rock Stadium, right? 

izb7ag50i2zfql2unkcg.jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Is this that big of an event? It feels like an easy way to deal with fixture congestion is to get rid of this (aside from another opportunity to squeeze some money from Messi). The irony is not really lost on me that the US loves to play Mexico in Columbus in order to not has many Mexican fans...except the Liga MX team is probably the bigger draw (Messi excluded)?

Did we really need a Leagues Cup preview? I guess its better than MLS whoring out Messi by giving us a Inter Miami vs MLS All Stars matchup. I mean we all know he's gonna be on the all star roster anyway.

• Like 1

Signature intentionally left blank

Messi is the guy the MLS promotes for a few years, he retires and the MLS waits a few years more to see if Neymar and/or Mbappe wants to make the jump.  So as soon as either expresses interest in playing in America, the MLS will tell both LA teams, both New York teams and Miami to make their bids, while the rest of the MLS use their DP slots on third and fourth tier players from South America and Europe.  

FYI, I think we'll see Neymar in MLS before Mbappe and there's a chance we see a few months of Messi and Neymar in the MLS at the same time in late 2025.  Right now I am of the opinion that Mbappe is two leagues away from going to the MLS.  

11 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Messi is the guy the MLS promotes for a few years, he retires and the MLS waits a few years more to see if Neymar and/or Mbappe wants to make the jump.  So as soon as either expresses interest in playing in America, the MLS will tell both LA teams, both New York teams and Miami to make their bids, while the rest of the MLS use their DP slots on third and fourth tier players from South America and Europe.  

FYI, I think we'll see Neymar in MLS before Mbappe and there's a chance we see a few months of Messi and Neymar in the MLS at the same time in late 2025.  Right now I am of the opinion that Mbappe is two leagues away from going to the MLS.  

Mbappe also hasn't hit 30 yet. I think he'd have to be 35 or older before he makes the move. Neymar could be here as soon as 2025 or 2026 since he was brought in to help the Saudis get the World Cup, which they have in the bag at the moment.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Mbappe also hasn't hit 30 yet. I think he'd have to be 35 or older before he makes the move. Neymar could be here as soon as 2025 or 2026 since he was brought in to help the Saudis get the World Cup, which they have in the bag at the moment.

Yeah I think that Mbappe will be playing for Real Madrid for a few years and then if he continues to play at a high level, he'll be in Serie A, Premier League or Bundesliga.  

1 hour ago, LaGrandeOrange said:

It does seem like a string of Messi-esque (obviously there's only one Messi) stars is just sort of the plan going forward. The expansion money will have to dry up sometime, they have to keep it going somehow.

People think that MLS can get to 40 teams.  Right now they are at 30, but are likely to go 32.  Ideally, 31 and 32 should be two of Indy, Louisville, or Phoenix, but MLS will be like the Big 4 and can't help themselves by putting 31 in Las Vegas, leaving 32 for Indy, Louisville or Phoenix for one spot.  

When the MLS expands again, one of the teams will be Las Vegas, because they will suffer from the "Vegas Virus."  I will be shocked if the MLS expands to 32 and neither of them is Vegas.   

4 hours ago, GDAWG said:

People think that MLS can get to 40 teams.  Right now they are at 30, but are likely to go 32.  Ideally, 31 and 32 should be two of Indy, Louisville, or Phoenix, but MLS will be like the Big 4 and can't help themselves by putting 31 in Las Vegas, leaving 32 for Indy, Louisville or Phoenix for one spot.  

When the MLS expands again, one of the teams will be Las Vegas, because they will suffer from the "Vegas Virus."  I will be shocked if the MLS expands to 32 and neither of them is Vegas.   

Why 40 teams?

40 minutes ago, FrutigerAero said:

Why 40 teams?

I've seen this number a few times, and a lot of it seems to be built on the subtext that MLS's financials seem to rely somewhat heavily on these expansion fees. That said, the sky is kind of the limit for MLS- the "big 4" have a somewhat finite player pool, but MLS could probably easily get to 40 teams with minimal talent drain.