2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

15 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

That looks great.  Bonus points if that's intended to be a metallic shade of Copper.

The mountain scene on the paw could use some simplification but that's the only nitpick I have.

I had to do a double take to see if that was a copper but it’s just orange. Still looks nice with a dark purple, light blue and orange/copper. 

I still kinda want Outlaws but it seems Yeti is the most popular choice. 

14 hours ago, kolob said:

No, that makes sense. But, I guess what I’m trying to say is — historically speaking “outlaws” wouldn’t be one the first things that come to mind for Utah compared to the states I referenced.

The imagery of the west was won in this lawless — sheriff vs. outlaws — kind of way doesn’t really fit Utah in general when you understand how orderly most settlements were established (most were missions under the direction of Brigham Young). 

Agree 100%

Outlaws do not fit.

Utah Doorbellringers  would be nice....🤔....

The Utah Gotwives is not too shabby either, for that historical touch.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Eyeroll 1

22 hours ago, kolob said:

The logo makes me think Yeti is going to be the winner. I wish it was purple because of the over abundance of blue clad teams in the league.

But, I can live with the light blue. And, I don’t think this official marries the team to the color in the future (hopefully)?

Ryan Smith has mentioned how popular purple is with the market, so I'd be very surprised if it isn't part of the permanent brand.

• Like 1

It's a shame that the best Yeti logo has already been used. Those colours look awfully familiar, though...

20124537-e1548705137572.jpg?quality=85&s

• Like 6
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The article mentions that we won't be getting an announcement on the name before the season, which doesn't make any sense to me. Obviously logos & uniforms need leadup time to be ready, but they've already narrowed down the names to 4 options, all of which have been trademarked. Why not give the fans something to attach themselves to in the first season? 

As far as the logos go, these are about the best we were going to get from placeholders. The UTAH wordmark in the northwestern stripe is interesting. I wonder if they'd use that across the chest like the Red Wings throwback/reverse retro.

• Like 3

On 6/2/2024 at 11:49 PM, DJT said:

I still kinda want Outlaws but it seems Yeti is the most popular choice. 

So...you haven't heard of the 'Yeti Outlaws'?...

spacer.png

The Ballad of the Yeti Outlaws

Generations ago...when humans began

To encroach on ancient YETI land,

These MOUNTAINEERS of MAMMOTH size,

SWARMed from their GLACIER CANYON HIVES.

Through the FROSTy cover, of BLIZZARDS and SQUALLS,

They fought to save their sacred halls.

Racing down, BLACK DIAMOND-esque slopes

On boards of ICE, they carried the hopes

Of putting a FREEZE on man's intentions,

With some YETI interventions.

They even enlisted the CARIBOU

As rides, in a cavalry unit or two.

But alas, they incurred the settlers'  FURY.

Deemed OUTLAWS by a VENOMous jury,

And faced with man's black-POWDER guns,

The YETI OUTLAWS had to run.

Escaping through a hidden nexus,

They ended up in Austin, Texas,

And started making coolers. Some say,

It's the popular YETI brand of today!

This ballad of YETI OUTLAWS fame,

Used 18 Utah H.C. names.

Whoop! There's 19! It's been a BLAST!

20!... BOOM!!!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Huh? 1

1 hour ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

All of the trademarked logos have been released.

They're undeniably logos.
https://www.ksl.com/article/51031788/utah-nhl-brand-revealed-applications-for-trademarks-filed-for-logos

I don't mind this, even for the sweater ...

gallery

This on the other hand feels like it's trying too hard ...

gallery

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

The UTAH wordmark in the northwestern stripe is interesting. I wonder if they'd use that across the chest like the Red Wings throwback/reverse retro.

Yeah, that was my first thought when I saw that logo too. I’m really hoping that’s what they do with the sweaters. I think that could actually end up looking okay, all placeholder things considered. I didn’t mind the more modern take of that style that team USA wore at the 2022 Olympics, and would be fine with something close:

spacer.png

• Like 3

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

11 hours ago, nash61 said:

It's a shame that the best Yeti logo has already been used. Those colours look awfully familiar, though...

20124537-e1548705137572.jpg?quality=85&s

Looks like a burly old man with fangs.

If Yeti is the winner they need to go with the route the Kraken did with their logo ... make the Yeti unseen or mysterious since no one has really ever seen one.

• Like 6

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

7 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I don't think any of those "logos" can be described as trying too hard.

Definitely not. I guess the right description on the state logo would be "forced."

1 hour ago, kolob said:

Looks like a burly old man with fangs.

If Yeti is the winner they need to go with the route the Kraken did with their logo ... make the Yeti unseen or mysterious since no one has really ever seen one.

Think they should go the Minnesota Wild route. Make a logo that signifies their name, but also represents something simple and obvious when seen from afar. And yet ties into the name.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

Think they should go the Minnesota Wild route. Make a logo that signifies their name, but also represents something simple and obvious when seen from afar. And yet ties into the name.

I could get behind that, and if the finalists are Yeti, Mammoth, Blizzard and Outlaws — 3/4 or 2/4 of those could or should use that treatment.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

The worst thing Dan Snyder ever did was start this dumbass trend of giving sports teams non-names because the owner is too lazy to pick one and move the hell on

I think the worst part was the hypocrisy.

• Applause 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

57 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Yeah at this point I think it's a foregone conclusion that it's going to end up being Yeti. If they are officially known as UHC for the first season I could picture fans starting "let's go Yeti(s)" chants at games.

The Jazz just unveiled new uniforms  (ironically 2 of them are also not going to be worn until 25-26), and it wouldn't surprise me if the hockey team's permanent colour scheme ends up being similar.

spacer.png

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

The Jazz just unveiled new uniforms  (ironically 2 of them are also not going to be worn until 25-26), and it wouldn't surprise me if the hockey team's permanent colour scheme ends up being similar.

spacer.png

I can’t remember where - it may have been on The Pat McAfee Show - but Ryan Smith said something along the lines of wanting the color schemes to be “related” without being the exact same (like Pittsburgh teams). I’d be curious to see if the sky blue in the Jazz rebrand is the same one on the suspected Utah HC placeholders; from an eye test, I think it could be.

My best guess is that the blue and black will be the same, but the differentiator will be that the Jazz have purple and the (likely Yeti) NHL team will not.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png