2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

I could also see a full inversion being pulled. The Jazz are purple primary, blue/black secondary; the YetMamOutIzzards being blue primary, purple/black secondary.

• Like 6

spacer.png

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

22 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I can’t remember where - it may have been on The Pat McAfee Show - but Ryan Smith said something along the lines of wanting the color schemes to be “related” without being the exact same (like Pittsburgh teams). I’d be curious to see if the sky blue in the Jazz rebrand is the same one on the suspected Utah HC placeholders; from an eye test, I think it could be.

My best guess is that the blue and black will be the same, but the differentiator will be that the Jazz have purple and the (likely Yeti) NHL team will not.

He discussed the branding on the 32 Thoughts podcast a little while ago and mentioned that he expects there to be some overlap between the NHL team and the Jazz. He also brought up the popularity of purple, so I'd be very surprised if the hockey team didn't use it in some capacity. Aside from the occasional Kings throwback, purple isn't used anywhere in the NHL, so it would be unique & fits the market.

• Like 4

Honestly the more I've paid attention to the Utah NHL branding debate I'm at the point where I would be somewhat disappointed if they don't use purple, especially with how underused it is in the current NHL. It would fit the Yeti name too which, as mentioned in this thread, is probably the preferred option despite the whole pomp and circumstance of the vote. Yet I feel like it'll end up being underwhelming. 

KtHjnlJ.png

The next round of voting on the team name has just opened up, and will run until June 20. Despite Smith saying they were down to 4 names, there are 6 options to choose from. These 6 names received 60% of the votes from the initial poll:

• Yeti
  • Blizzards
  • Mammoth
  • Outlaws
  • Venom
  • Hockey Club
  • Dislike 1
  • Eyeroll 1

23 hours ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

I could also see a full inversion being pulled. The Jazz are purple primary, blue/black secondary; the YetMamOutIzzards being blue primary, purple/black secondary.

Congrats on managing to nail 4/6 names that made the Top 6!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Icethetics new video states 3rd jerseys will in fact remain next season.

Also, he stated the LA Kings will be getting new home/away uniforms. Have to assume the white 3rd becomes the road along with a black home version.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

The next round of voting on the team name has just opened up, and will run until June 20. Despite Smith saying they were down to 4 names, there are 6 options to choose from. These 6 names received 60% of the votes from the initial poll:

• Yeti
  • Blizzards
  • Mammoth
  • Outlaws
  • Venom
  • Hockey Club

Wait...Blizzards??

Anyway, it's Yeti or bust. They ain't fooling me.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

30 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

• Yeti
  • Blizzards
  • Mammoth
  • Outlaws
  • Venom
  • Hockey Club

I can't imagine that Venom and Hockey Club were actually popular. I bet they are just there to eat up protest/troll votes. With the caveat that I'm assuming any non-Yeti votes are taken remotely seriously.

• Like 1

spacer.png

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

10 minutes ago, bowld said:

Icethetics new video states 3rd jerseys will in fact remain next season.

Also, he stated the LA Kings will be getting new home/away uniforms. Have to assume the white 3rd becomes the road along with a black home version.

That's been the pretty much confirmed rumor on the Kings all season.  It's even at the point now where all of their ads for Mothers Day/Fathers Day gifts solely feature items with the Chevy logo.

VmWIn6B.png

52 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Wait...Blizzards??

Anyway, it's Yeti or bust. They ain't fooling me.

That's hilarious. It's like a guessing game on what names get an "s" at the end. 

Just wait until they really get us all... the temporary name will be Utah's Hockey Club 🤣

Also, I just can't hear the word blizzard without thinking about Dairy Queen. I guess that name would somehow fit well with "Jazz" but that is going to be really tough to build a brand around. Plus we already have the Hurricanes, Lightning, Avalanche... do we need more severe weather in the NHL?

We already know the Kings are going with the old chevron logo as used on current 3rd.

Ducks finally bringing back the 90s colors would be fantastic

6 minutes ago, bowld said:

We already know the Kings are going with the old chevron logo as used on current 3rd.

Ducks finally bringing back the 90s colors would be fantastic

Further update came thru

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

• Yeti
  • Blizzards
  • Mammoth
  • Outlaws
  • Venom
  • Hockey Club

so they've already failed, considering none of these are swarm. venom is the best remaining option but I think it's inevitable they go either as reddit (yeti) or as corpo (HC) as possible.

53Ocz8U.png

11 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Further update came thru

The Duck just absolutely refuse to go back to their original look. It's almost comical how many Mighty Duck themed jerseys they have come out with that have bits and pieces of the originals, but never the complete look. 

It's about time for the Kings. Never loved their current set. Get matching chevy home/aways and then give us a purple/yellow alternate.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I don't mind the Ducks keeping the colour scheme. The logo was always the bigger problem. As I've gotten older it bothers me more that the Mighty Ducks logo didn't feature any eggplant or silver, and instead used two colours that weren't anywhere else in the uniforms.

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

I can't imagine that Venom and Hockey Club were actually popular. I bet they are just there to eat up protest/troll votes. With the caveat that I'm assuming any non-Yeti votes are taken remotely seriously.

I think Venom is there because Ryan himself voted 20,000 times for it the past month. 

• LOL 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin