2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

9 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

The colour blue shouldn't be anywhere close to a Sens uniform.

Complaining about ads won't do anything, but that doesn't mean we need to try and justify the choice every time a team announces one. A smaller ad isn't a win. It's like being happy about your team losing 3-2 instead of being blown out 7-0.

Does it really make that big of a difference though? It is barley noticeable. You probably couldn't even see it on the jersey live. And on television I'd argue the moving board ads are significantly worse. 

And let's be real I'm a Sabres fan, I will be happy about a 3-2 loss compared to the 7-0 one lol. But it is much more grey than the black and white y'all make it out to be. Ads bad, ads angry... cool they aren't going anywhere. I'd rather have an ad that's small and less noticeable than one that interferes with the jersey design like Washington, or one that's large and obnoxious like Philadelphia's IBX one. But hey to each their own, I know these boards need something to complain about one way or another.

• Like 1
  • Meh 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Hate 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, YelichGraphics said:

Does it really make that big of a difference though? It is barley noticeable. You probably couldn't even see it on the jersey live. And on television I'd argue the moving board ads are significantly worse. 

You've been a member of these boards for over a decade and you're asking if an ad on a jersey makes a big difference? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

28 minutes ago, YelichGraphics said:

Yes it does.  There is not a single advertisement that has improved a jersey design and they cheapen the entire aesthetic and history of the game.  The NHL was able to operate just fine for almost 100 years without them and their recent inclusion amounts to nothing more than unfettered corporate greed.  Especially since they just added them to the helmets and lied about them being a temporary thing...  I especially hate them when they introduce a colour to the uniform found nowhere else on the team's palette.  It's like Calgary's "clash patch" with no conceivable justification.

Ads bad, ads angry... cool they aren't going anywhere. I'd rather have an ad that's small and less noticeable than one that interferes with the jersey design like Washington, or one that's large and obnoxious like Philadelphia's IBX one.

That's like saying you'd rather eat an ice cream cone with tiny flakes of fecal matter instead of one with medium sized chunks...  They all interfere with the jersey design.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Lmaooo whatever I got my point across. I knew it would be unpopular. I'll reiterate and leave the topic alone.

1. The jersey ads aren't going anywhere.

2. Making a huge deal out of each one gets old and trying to convince you all that the less offensive ones aren't all that bad is like talking to a wall.

Keep being grouchy and angry I guess.

• Meh 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Hate 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, YelichGraphics said:

1. The jersey ads aren't going anywhere.

We know they're not going anywhere, not one single person on here thinks they are.  That doesn't mean we have to like them.

2. Making a huge deal out of each one gets old and trying to convince you all that the less offensive ones aren't all that bad is like talking to a wall.

What forum do you think you're on?  We discuss uniform aesthetics here and these adverts play a significant factor in them. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • LOL 1

1 minute ago, Morgan33 said:

What forum do you think you're on?  We discuss uniform aesthetics here and these adverts play a significant factor in them. 

I understand that... I do. However, these ads are on their third season. At this point it is just "Old man yells at cloud". About 80% of this thread has been about ads and not about the uniforms themselves. It's unbearable for one the negativity all of the time and two the fact that no one is talking about the uniforms themselves. I came up with one take I knew was going to be controversial and I got told that I was an idiot for not knowing what forum I'm on and that I've been here long enough that I should know that its a well disliked topic. I'm sorry for bringing up the idea that we should begin to move on.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 2

23 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Two color numbers on white Habs practice jerseys. I hope they're not thinking of changing the numbers on their away jerseys and that it's just Fanatics doing Fanatics things. Looks cheap

spacer.png

spacer.png

I mean, it does match the 1993 throwbacks they wore for the Heritage Classic in 2011.  I don't really like it, but it COULD be a style choice. 

The Yankees just changed their away jerseys which have pretty much been the same since 1975. The new ones are modeled from the 1920's.  These heritage teams can really do so much to sell more jerseys.

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, Klondyke said:

I mean, it does match the 1993 throwbacks they wore for the Heritage Classic in 2011.  I don't really like it, but it COULD be a style choice. 

The Yankees just changed their away jerseys which have pretty much been the same since 1975. The new ones are modeled from the 1920's.  These heritage teams can really do so much to sell more jerseys.

spacer.png

Those 1993 "throwbacks" were so lazy and half assed. Wrong shade of red, wrong name and number fonts and wrong collar

Blue and red don't touch anywhere else but the numbers. Much, much better with a white outline.

It didn't look old timey, it just looked cheap

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Two color numbers on white Habs practice jerseys. I hope they're not thinking of changing the numbers on their away jerseys and that it's just Fanatics doing Fanatics things. Looks cheap

spacer.png

spacer.png

I actually feel the opposite way. These numbers look much better than the current road ones. I've never been a fan of the floating outline, especially since it's only used on one of the jerseys. Boston improved their jerseys dramatically by getting rid of the double outline, and I think even the Oilers would look better with single outlined numbers.

18 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Practice jerseys may just have practice fonts. 

The Ducks' orange practice jerseys have non-shadowed, double-outlined numbers in black and white. 

Anaheim Ducks (@AnaheimDucks) / X

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I saw these Lightning Fanatics practice jerseys and thought maybe the black was something new for the Bolts, but now that Montreal has black gussets on their red practice jerseys makes me think this is just a standard of the Fanatics practice jerseys.

It goes to show that a little bit of black (not as a primary, just an accent) can work with the Lightning.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I actually feel the opposite way. These numbers look much better than the current road ones. I've never been a fan of the floating outline, especially since it's only used on one of the jerseys. Boston improved their jerseys dramatically by getting rid of the double outline, and I think even the Oilers would look better with single outlined numbers.

Blue and red never touch on the away jersey. And blue numbers outlined in red without a floating outline end up looking purplish because the colors bleed into each other

The double outline just makes sense for the Habs. Who cares that it's only used on one of their jerseys. They're mismatched anyways

• Applause 1

Changing the numbers to single outline would make the numbers too dark. How do I know? Because the Habs have done it and it doesn't look right.

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The numbers look like a vivid bright orange but the breezers look like a dingy burnt orange. Yes, I am aware of the differences between fabrics and how colors appear on them. Bearing that in mind, I would not have designed such a uniform.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

12 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

The numbers look like a vivid bright orange but the breezers look like a dingy burnt orange. Yes, I am aware of the differences between fabrics and how colors appear on them. Bearing that in mind, I would not have designed such a uniform.

I don't understand why Philly and Anaheim are using the same shade of orange. The shade works perfectly for the Flyers to give them a gritty look, but for a team who have a cartoonish identity with a wordmark and a font heavily inspired by the art deco revival, it looks out of place.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, monkeypower said:

GXY8WQ8bwAIiyoV?format=jpg&name=large

GXZRZrVbwAIX3Lb?format=jpg&name=large

The font looks terrible, not fit for a sports team at all, and as said above, isn't even the same color as the rest of the uniform

The anime Duck mask STILL looks terrible

Too much orange, and that's not even the orange uniform. Wait until they inevitably start wearing orange helmets with the white jerseys. Oof

Sparkly/dazzle fabric Vegas gold would have been better than this dull, depressing khaki beige

The Duck foot shoulder patch looks shoehorned in for no good reason and makes a busy uniform even busier

It's hardly an improvement over the last set. Lateral move at best. It's just a louder, uglier version of their orange Mighty Duck alternate

I'd argue orange/khaki/black is the worst color scheme ever worn by an NHL team, and making orange the primary color certainly doesn't help

THIS is what they should be wearing. Anything else is a downgrade

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Yawn 2