2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

15 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

The Knights' gold jersey is definitely one I appreciated more once I saw it in person. I personally like it as the main home jersey, since it is a direct inverse of their white jersey. 

A direct inverse doesn't always automatically equate to a better set.  I think it looked more balanced when all the gold elements were consistent to both jerseys.  Especially when you factor in the laurel pattern which isn't nearly as effective on a white background.  Both of the logos contrast better on a grey background as well.

LWJpA0s.png

The grey is nice on its own, but the colour balance doesn't line up with the road jersey very well. On the grey jerseys black is the clear secondary colour, but the white jerseys have almost no black at all, especially since they switched to grey pants. 

Black and White are both neutral shades so I don't see any issue with swapping them on the home and road designs.  Many perfectly balanced designs did this in the past and it's only an issue if black isn't already part of the scheme.

The issue now is that they use a black-heavy primary logo despite having completely minimized black as a team colour.

Going with the golds, that contain no black, created this issue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

That should be their home uniform going forward, especially with that “B.”

That spoked-B is infinitely better than the current. The jersey still has way too much gold for my liking, but I think it would be an upgrade if they do stick with this full-time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Boston has officially unveiled their centennial game jerseys:

spacer.png

The socks are a bit weird but I'd be ok if they wore that jersey forever. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 10/14/2024 at 6:59 PM, The_Admiral said:

I know Utah Yeti is all but a foregone conclusion at this point, but hear me out on this one:

Looked at the NHL's inaugural season and noticed a couple of interesting things: the genesis of the Toronto Maple Leafs as the "Toronto Hockey Club" from when the original Toronto Blueshirts were No Homers Clubbed out of the NHA. One of the other four teams: the Montreal Wanderers, for whom things presumably went poorly at first, hence all the namesake wandering, and didn't get a whole hell of a lot better, folding six games in. HOWEVER, "Utah Wanderers" has a ring to it that I can't deny. 

1) This is the organization's third city, pace whatever expansion fiction it took to No Homers Club their old owner out

2) There are a few "Wanderers" teams in English soccer referring to once-itinerant teams, most notably Wolverhampton Wanderers, so that goes well with the very European HC brand they've started with

3) It's a reference to the Mormon pioneers and their trek to the Great Salt Lake, wandering the desert as the Jews did before them, but more oblique than just "Pioneers" and not another dumb Soakers joke

To be sure, wandering is often aimless, and that's not good, nor was the Montreal team who used it 100+ years ago, but I like the sound of it a lot more than I do yet another singular noun.

I like this idea a lot. The AAA hockey team in Utah uses "Wasatch" as their location indicator. I know it would be more appropriate for a junior team, but "Wasatch Wanderers" would be a great name for any team from that area.

5 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

That should be their home uniform going forward, especially with that “B.”

I think they just need to use this B on the current jerseys and go back to the gold socks. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Ducks home opener last night so first "official" appearance of the homes.

image.jpg?fastly_token=NjhmMjcyYWZfZjMzMimage.jpg?fastly_token=NjhmMjcyZDRfYjYyZ

If they are married to the orange pants, I really think an easy improvement would have been to do the flipped socks that the Ducks have done in the past because it would break up the orange.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Hurl 1

deK8sJk.png

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Jersey looks great but what the hell do they have against yellow socks!? At this point they're just messing with us

Someone who runs the team has an obsession with the sleeves and socks matching.  The only way we ever getting full yellow socks again is if we have full yellow sleeves.  Is this a league rule or something?  It would have come in with Adidas...

• Sad 1

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

8 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Boston has officially unveiled their centennial game jerseys:

spacer.png

Yes please. The current spoked "B" looks so much more busy now that we got a full season of the simplified version. 

This is absolutely what the jerseys should've looked like last year instead of the sparkle effect they went with.