2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

17 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Meet the 2018 Washington Capitals - WTOP News

I remember these being the second Reebok design to leak after Boston gave us hope that it wouldn't be too bad.  Also remember people on here saying it looked more like something you'd find in a Tommy Hilfiger catalogue than a hockey uniform...  That was 17 years ago. Well past time for a change.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a set based off the Reverse Retro 2.0 design.  That was a sharp looking sweater.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Morgan33 said:

5) Senators - The flat gold that looks more like Khaki sinks the entire design. 

Good list. I'd add the Sharks on there as I have never been a fan of that newer "anime shark" they currently use as a logo.

9 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

Not sure I agree with the Senators at 5 though. Lightning ahead of them. The Sens recent rebrand was fine but not perfect. I've seen concepts by some of the talented people on this site that look far better. That being said, I don't think it was a disaster.

I also think the newer gold is supposed to be a "happy medium" between the "original expansion era gold" and the "darker vintage white" of the =O= alternate.

Not sure what the intended purpose of that was. I've long supposed that perhaps there was throwback that used this colour in the works before Eugene Melnyk's rather quick decline in terms of health.  But really, who the hell knows?

thecatch.jpg

17 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Someone recolored the new logo and uniforms...

GRC36K_XoAAtLUI?format=jpg&name=medium

Better but still looks like an inferior version of the original jerseys. I just can't get over the new logo. It's either the circle that is too big or the triangle that's too small but it looks so bad. And for all the talk about making the sticks more realistic, they still look very cartoony and wrong. And Seattle needs to sue them cause the orange eye makes absolutely no logical sense here and it's crystal clear to me they just copied the Kraken's logo

Edit: Someone just called the current Sharks logo Anime Shark, well, this is Anime Duck. And I don't mean this in a good way at all

• LOL 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Eyeroll 2

I think the Capitals is more of a Tom Brady like situation. Once Ovechkin retires they will bring in the new era of Capitals hockey. I don't see them changing their look as long as he's on the team. 

Also side note I don't think there's been another player who has worn as many jerseys as him through just one team. I don't really count the Adidas version as a new look so he's worn the original two from black and blue set,  two more from the current one, two throwback uniforms, two reverse retros, the maroon WC, the navy CAPS stadium series, the navy W 3rd jersey, and the weagle stadium series. That brings his total to 12 different uniforms for the same team

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SenatorJake said:

I also think the newer gold is supposed to be a "happy medium" between the "original expansion era gold" and the "darker vintage white" of the =O= alternate.

Not sure what the intended purpose of that was. I've long supposed that perhaps there was throwback that used this colour in the works before Eugene Melnyk's rather quick decline in terms of health.  But really, who the hell knows?

Regardless of the purpose, it was a poor decision on Melnyk's part...  The gold not only looked better but was more appropriate for the roman theme.  Everything about the current set looks rushed from the failure to clean up the logo to the bastardized striping that makes it look like a Wal-Mart knockoff.  Every aspect of the jersey below is better.

zNpkK85.png

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

I remember these being the second Reebok design to leak after Boston gave us hope that it wouldn't be too bad.  Also remember people on here saying it looked more like something you'd find in a Tommy Hilfiger catalogue than a hockey uniform...  That was 17 years ago. Well past time for a change.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a set based off the Reverse Retro 2.0 design.  That was a sharp looking sweater.

That RR2.0 design would be a great start for a new set. Also the just mothballed third jerseys would be great starting point. 

16 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

Regardless of the purpose, it was a poor decision on Melnyk's part...  The gold not only looked better but was more appropriate for the roman theme.  Everything about the current set looks rushed from the failure to clean up the logo to the bastardized striping that makes it look like a Wal-Mart knockoff.  Every aspect of the jersey below is better.

zNpkK85.png

The reason I'm so reticent to see the Sens change anything in their current uniforms is because most of the changes this team has made since its "re-inception" have been downgrades. I think that, for once, we're in a pretty good place uniform-wise and I don't really want the team to mess it up as they have done so often before.

thecatch.jpg

23 hours ago, McCall said:

DOES everyone want it or just some people outside of the Ducks' fanbase?🤔

Seriously asking actual Anaheim Duck fans what their thoughts are on the team's colors.

I'm wondering this too lol

I think eggplant/jade would be cool and I would be surprised if they don't do an alternate at some point with those colors again. However, their current look and color scheme are pretty solid IMO (top half of the league for me), people only complain because their previous branding was so unique.

I think it's pretty clear that management is committed to this color scheme regardless.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

Authentic Jerseys - starting at $425
Premium Home - starting at $190
Premium Away - starting at $190

usa price 

kings website

That is EXACTLY the kind of mess I figured Fanatics would pull. Nike-levels of hell-nawwh.

Even adidas in all their good sense knew to keep the on-ice authentics under $300. (Okay, I got my adidas Mark Stone VGK authentic out the team store for about $250.) I also saw a lot of Fanatics-branded authentics right next to the adidas ones, for multiple teams, and let's just say the fit-and-finish differences were pretty noticeable. But ain't no way in the world I'm finna pay half my rent plus sales tax for no jersey of no kind...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 minutes ago, tBBP said:

That is EXACTLY the kind of mess I figured Fanatics would pull. Nike-levels of hell-nawwh.

Even adidas in all their good sense knew to keep the on-ice authentics under $300. (Okay, I got my adidas Mark Stone VGK authentic out the team store for about $250.) I also saw a lot of Fanatics-branded authentics right next to the adidas ones, for multiple teams, and let's just say the fit-and-finish differences were pretty noticeable. But ain't no way in the world I'm finna pay half my rent plus sales tax for no jersey of no kind...

you get a made in Canada jersey and same as players wear on ice

I agree with everyone that the Caps need a jersey refresh, especially doing away with the sleeve piping. However, it's unclear which logo should be featured on the theoretical new Caps jersey. Here are some potential options for the new logo after the 2024-25 season:

• Using the 50th-anniversary lowercase Capitals logo
  • Finally Featuring the Weagle on the front of the jersey
  • Recoloring the Capitol Dome in red, white, and blue
  • Bringing back the red, white, and blue Screaming Eagle from RR 1.0
  • Or perhaps introducing an entirely new design?

3 hours ago, YelichGraphics said:

I think the Capitals is more of a Tom Brady like situation. Once Ovechkin retires they will bring in the new era of Capitals hockey. I don't see them changing their look as long as he's on the team. 

Also side note I don't think there's been another player who has worn as many jerseys as him through just one team. I don't really count the Adidas version as a new look so he's worn the original two from black and blue set,  two more from the current one, two throwback uniforms, two reverse retros, the maroon WC, the navy CAPS stadium series, the navy W 3rd jersey, and the weagle stadium series. That brings his total to 12 different uniforms for the same team

Can't speak to other examples, but he's beaten out by his contemporaries in Pittsburgh of Crosby, Malkin and Letang. They wore the original vegas gold design, the Reebok black and khakis and the 2016 return to Black and Gold. Plus, 2 WC sets that became alts, the gold and current alts,  plus 6 more outdoor game and reverse retro jerseys. That would bring their total to 16 different jerseys worn. Say what you want about the Penguins, but they got their money's worth in Crosby jersey sales

• Like 1

KtHjnlJ.png