2024 NFL Changes

22 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

So the Jets went the entire lifespan of these uniforms without wearing the main one against one of their division rivals, the Patriots. Went white at home against NE twice, blackout twice, and green/green/green/white once. 

Photos: Nike Unveils New New York Jets Uniforms

I do not think anyone liked this uniform as people liked the New York Sack Exchange look better.

1 minute ago, Pigskin12 said:

If they absolutely cannot resist the temptation of having a black alternate uniform, then okay, whatever, wear it for a couple games. But we all know this is gonna become an excuse to pair the black pants with the white jerseys, which is undeniably hideous. 

We are also probably not gonna see much green again since they'll wear both white and black at home for 2-3 games each.

Maybe the fact that they're going with the "Legacy" theme means they'll honor that a bit and not mix & match as much.  We can hope. 

It would be nice if they just followed the other traditional franchises in the league and quit playing Barbie with uniforms.  Green/Green/White and Green/White/White.  You want to mix up socks?  Fine.  But if you leave Green pants out of the mix, I don't see any reason they'd wear the White jerseys with Black pants, being that the Sack Exchange White jerseys have no Black on them.

yeah, IMO, i think they really only wore the black pants with the previous set of white jerseys to give the players some say in not looking as terrible. don't think they'd do that again anytime soon.

i know paul at uni watch always talks about "coke" vs. "pepsi" teams. jets just re-entered the coke realm. hope they never leave again.

• Like 4

sig2024.png

32 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

We are also probably not gonna see much green again since they'll wear both white and black at home for 2-3 games each.

28 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Maybe the fact that they're going with the "Legacy" theme means they'll honor that a bit and not mix & match as much.  We can hope. 

It would be nice if they just followed the other traditional franchises in the league and quit playing Barbie with uniforms.  Green/Green/White and Green/White/White.  You want to mix up socks?  Fine.  But if you leave Green pants out of the mix, I don't see any reason they'd wear the White jerseys with Black pants, being that the Sack Exchange White jerseys have no Black on them.

14 minutes ago, Brian E said:

yeah, IMO, i think they really only wore the black pants with the previous set of white jerseys to give the players some say in not looking as terrible. don't think they'd do that again anytime soon.

I think it would be fair to give the Jets a little leeway on combinations for this upcoming set until they show otherwise. I also do believe what we saw the Jets doing over the last two seasons was a result of fatigue with that uniform set and nobody liking them anymore. The white was deemed as the better looking of the options to run out the clock on the five years.

With the previous Pennington-Sanchez-Early Nike set, they rarely wore white at home.

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

59 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I don’t think they’ll mix and match too terribly much. I just hope their preferred combos aren’t monochromatic. White over white is fine, but PLEASE keep the socks green, and don’t do any ice cube or chilly emojis. 

What’s good in that regard is that the set it is based on always wore green socks and white pants. I believe that, after the mess they’re leaving behind, they will mostly go for simple, traditional looks aside from the black alt. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

... but PLEASE keep the socks green, and don’t do any ice cube or chilly emojis. 

Sadly I don't think this is going away any time soon...at least until all the current players who love their 'icy whites' enter their 30s and the new batch of players in their early 20s want to disassociate themselves from the 'grandpas' on the team, and come up with some new uniform trend/atrocity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I don’t think they’ll mix and match too terribly much. I just hope their preferred combos aren’t monochromatic. White over white is fine, but PLEASE keep the socks green, and don’t do any ice cube or chilly emojis. 

What’s good in that regard is that the set it is based on always wore green socks and white pants. I believe that, after the mess they’re leaving behind, they will mostly go for simple, traditional looks aside from the black alt. 

I suppose Woody allowed them to wear the black pants for that meaningless season finale at Foxboro as a swan song. I still hope they introduce some green pants to wear with the white jersey.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

Sadly I don't think this is going away any time soon...at least until all the current players who love their 'icy whites' enter their 30s and the new batch of players in their early 20s want to disassociate themselves from the 'grandpas' on the team, and come up with some new uniform trend/atrocity.

The good thing is not only are the Jets going to have those "ice cold icy whites", they'll also have some "blackout new york nights, dark mode activated, back in black" alternates. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The good thing is not only are the Jets going to have those "ice cold icy whites", they'll also have some "blackout new york nights, dark mode activated, back in black" alternates. 

I mean, if any team was going to roll out a Black alt, rolling with "Gotham Nights" in New York makes a tad bit of sense.

33 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Chiefs again, huh? Against…who is that, the Vikings? 🤔 

Seahawks?  That'd be a stretch.

Could've gone without Purple in this year's Vegas Super Bowl; makes more sense in New Orleans, but now we have it 2 years in a row.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

Not all players go for the 🥶 look. Plus, an individual’s preferred fashion can change over time. It’s a fad. 

12 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Wow! Is this the first team to listen to the fans and literally “make these permanent” without any modifications?

I liked that the retro uniforms limited the amount of black jersey games. Now we’re probably gonna be stuck seeing that generic, worthless, cringeworthy, painfully overused, steaming hot garbage the full three games this year, and that pisses me off.

With the new Nike design, it's easier to just go with the Sack Exchange uniforms.

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Doesn't it have to so that it's a team color and they can then make the black alt?

I believe so, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went the 1990's route and added black trim to the sleeve stripes, or do what they did with Indianapolis and make the swoosh black.

Mark-Gastineau.jpg

105b1d_6b829c3c6482442d82abc2a6b4d1ea14~

One downside, they could make the facemasks black, which should only happen on the black uniforms, which will likely have a black helmet as well, unless they ditch it so that they can have the Namath throwbacks later down the line. 1437750496.0.jpg

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

With the new Nike design, it's easier to just go with the Sack Exchange uniforms.

I believe so, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went the 1990's route and added black trim to the sleeve stripes, or do what they did with Indianapolis and make the swoosh black.

Mark-Gastineau.jpg

105b1d_6b829c3c6482442d82abc2a6b4d1ea14~

One downside, they could make the facemasks black, which should only happen on the black uniforms, which will likely have a black helmet as well, unless they ditch it so that they can have the Namath throwbacks later down the line. 1437750496.0.jpg

Thanks for reminding me of my nostalgia for the Orange Crush Broncos. 

• Like 3

I still think the Jets would be better off making minor tweaks to the Sack Exchange uniforms. I'd like to see them keep the current unique block font rather than go back to a generic one. A small Jets wordmark at the base of the collar wouldn't be too shabby either. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png