2024 NFL Changes

5 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

What is the purpose of such a rule?

From what I understand the league doesn't want old logos to be reused because it allows them to sell more hardwood classics merchandise with the old logos.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Did you know there's a huge website with all kinds of sports logos?

I believe the address is www.sportslogos.net. 

But most were on white background too. I am going to go on Photoshop and Illustrator and fix that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

What is the purpose of such a rule?

NBA owns logos once teams change from them and become “hardwood classics” in order for a team to try to go back to an old logo they have to alter it in some way.

11 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Jets endzones were colored dark green in the 80s/90s

Jets Roar Back, Top Giants in OT: 9 Observations

Ah! My mistake. Must’ve been an inaccuracy within the game I played a lot. 

Did they continue to also have the helmet and the conference logo in the end zone all the way up through 1997?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Ah! My mistake. Must’ve been an inaccuracy within the game I played a lot. 

Did they continue to also have the helmet and the conference logo in the end zone all the way up through 1997?

They had dark endzones through 97; I don't think they had the helmet in them in the mid-90s. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Once the Meadowlands/Giants Stadium took out the astroturf then the Jets started going with unfilled endzones I think...but that was with the 98-2018 wordmark. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

30 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

They had dark endzones through 97; I don't think they had the helmet in them in the mid-90s. I'll see if I can find a picture.

Once the Meadowlands/Giants Stadium took out the astroturf then the Jets started going with unfilled endzones I think...but that was with the 98-2018 wordmark. 

The Jets at least did have the helmet at midfield during the final years at Shea Stadium and had weird endzone logo placement.

875740c763f3ae643413f24d596f2548.jpg

• Like 3

bSLCtu2.png

17 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The Jets at least did have the helmet at midfield during the final years at Shea Stadium and had weird endzone logo placement.

875740c763f3ae643413f24d596f2548.jpg

It looks like they took the stencil from the midfield helmet logo, and used it for the endzone logos. Didn't want to splurge on a second, bigger stencil I guess.

• Like 3

spacer.png

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I found aerial footage from ‘97 on YouTube. The end zones were still green with white logos but near as I can tell that was it. They hadn’t embiggened the logo within the end zone to accommodate for the elements that had been dropped; it looked small and lonely, and the overall look of the end zone was less cromulent than it had been the previous decade. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

The top pic is probably the best we can hope for. It’s pretty good too, aside from the one stupid white helmet. 

Fwiw, my Broncos’ solution:

Ditch navy, don’t bring back royal blue either. Make your secondary color as close as you can get to the shade of the 1980s-1996 helmets. Ole Miss uses Pantone 307 for their medium-blue helmets; given those likely have a similar origin story to the Orange Crush lids, I would guess the color is almost identical to that of Denver’s pre-1997 helmets. 

This time, though, don’t have the mismatch between helmet and trim. Have numbers and stripes in Pantone 307. Maybe even an alt. 

The logo should be some hybrid between the Robohorse and the D. The white helmet should be ditched, and a 1997 navy blue throwback should be added (in the 1997 shade of navy too, which isn’t the 2023 one). 

Bada bing, bada boom! Problem solved. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cujo said:

Broncos uniform rumors are ramping up again today.. 

GGeXxpuXcAAo1s-?format=jpg&name=medium

This is too Bears-ish for me.

It truly is this simple:

However, we didn’t get those White helmets last season for nothing.  You can rest assured we’ll get a :censored: show.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

The top pic is probably the best we can hope for. It’s pretty good too, aside from the one stupid white helmet. 

They could do an all orange too if they wanted to. 

Denver used to have orange pants worn with the white jerseys back in the day. It will be great to see its return.

36 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Looks nothing like the Bears.

And even if someone thinks that, what's the problem?

Literally same helmet color, facemask color, logo fill & outline, number fill & outline, with a 3-stripe pattern on the pant in inverted colors, and similar, although not the same, sleeve stripes.

But sure, pal - nothing like the Bears.

God, your arrogance is astounding.

• Like 2
  • Huh? 2
  • Yawn 1
  • Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Literally same helmet color, facemask color, logo fill & outline, number fill & outline, with a 3-stripe pattern on the pant in inverted colors, and similar, although not the same, sleeve stripes.

But sure, pal - nothing like the Bears.

God, your arrogance is astounding.

Does it trigger you when you watch the Browns play the Bengals -- a team that was intentionally modeled to look like the Browns?

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png