2024 NFL Changes

49 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

These are some damn good uniforms for the Jets. Even the black set. Could definitely do without the black helmet, but it is what it is.

GLNLhJVWgAA08tR?format=jpg&name=large

GLNLhyRXQAATfGy?format=jpg&name=large
GLNLiWrXMAEQ7g-?format=jpg&name=large

You forgot to include green over white, which will hopefully be worn far more than mono-green. But what a fantastic look. Bold logo, traditional striping, and they’re actually embracing the green. 

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

1500x500

1978-1989 arrives once again with the Jets. YAY!!! I love it. I hope to god they do not make green pants for that set. But geez almighty, they look unbeatable. Next to the 2020 Chargers, they have the best set ever!

2 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

You forgot to include green over white, which will hopefully be worn far more than mono-green. But what a fantastic look. Bold logo, traditional striping, and they’re actually embracing the green. 

:censored:, nevermind! They do have green pants with the set!

• LOL 1

24 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Am I daft, or do those pants have a sheen to them?

GLNgV9NXsAAB6Q7?format=jpg&name=large

They do!  

What’s old is new!

It works even better with the seemingly traditional satin twill used for the numbers.

13 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

And...

spacer.png

I'd never suggest these uniforms aren't fantastic -- they are. But I think a move like this only works if the uniforms it would be replacing are terrible. I can't say that about the current Vikings look. I don't care for the current facemask color, but that's about the only issue I have with them. They're otherwise a perfect modernization of a classic look. 

• Like 11

Just now, gosioux76 said:

I'd never suggest these uniforms aren't fantastic -- they are. But I think a move like this only works if the uniforms it would be replacing are terrible. I can't say that about the current Vikings look. I don't care for the current facemask color, but that's about the only issue I have with them. They're otherwise a perfect modernization of a classic look. 

Not going to mention the numbers? I can't stand how they look 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The Impaler said:

These guys can't even tuck in the damn undershirt on a friggin uniform reveal photoshoot, smdh.

I saw something too. None of the players were wearing white socks. I'm sure that will change in the fall, but it's interesting to see.

Well, the Jets did exactly what they should have done in 2018! It’s nice to see the throwback be promoted (and for Champion Block to return).

Now this picture of Aaron Rodgers in the ‘18-‘23 set really is a wrong uniform (since he wore the throwback in his only game).

spacer.png

• Like 16

Sack Exchange-era Jets is a visual identity I love, and I'm glad it's getting a second life, but why do they still have black? Is BFBS making an unfortunate comeback as well? I know people want the Namath-era jerseys back as an alt, but I'd love for them to bring back the old Titans of New York scheme for a least a game.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

rAUPGPZ.png

Just now, gosioux76 said:

I disagree.  You would only replace a uniform if it's terrible?  That seems like a weird stance. Obviously terrible is terrible, and those uniforms need to be burned, but if a team can go from good (current Vikings) to great (throwback Vikings) as well as bringing back an iconic look from when the team was annually one of the best teams in the league (just obviously not the best team in any of their 4 Super bowls 😛) then you do it IMO.

• Like 5

Jets look really good. They should never have to change again. I even don’t mind the black as there’s a good amount of green mixed in.

solid upgrade all around

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I disagree.  You would only replace a uniform if it's terrible?  That seems like a weird stance. 

No,  what I'm saying is making this hard turn back to an old-school throwback as a full-time uniform is usually done as a course correction away from something justifiably terrible. It's like admitting you made a mistake and you had it good before. 

The Vikings uniforms -- in what appears to be a widely shared view, yourself excluded -- aren't anywhere near the level where a course correction would be necessary.

In fact, I'd argue the current uniforms were that course correction from the abhorrent 2006-2012 uniforms, and they nailed it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

I saw something too. None of the players were wearing white socks. I'm sure that will change in the fall, but it's interesting to see.

I hope white socks are kept to an absolute minimum. I don’t think they will mind wearing green socks with the Legacy White - they did last year and had really good games compared to the rest of the season. What was it - beat the defending divisional champs despite losing their QB, beat the defending NFC champs, came very close against the defending Super Bowl champs? And in their other games they sucked. I hope that infuses the green-white-white-green with a winning feel. 

13 minutes ago, GrayJ12 said:

Sack Exchange-era Jets is a visual identity I love, and I'm glad it's getting a second life, but why do they still have black? Is BFBS making an unfortunate comeback as well? I know people want the Namath-era jerseys back as an alt, but I'd love for them to bring back the old Titans of New York scheme for a least a game.

I don’t get the love for the Titans of New York look. I’ve always found those uniforms ugly. A proper Namath-era throwback would give this team all it needs. 

• Like 1