2024 NFL Changes

I think people are jumping to conclusions that are too extreme from this Texans stuff.

My takeaway is that the traditional and classic uniform will be very similar to their current navy homes. Probably they change the sleeve striping a bit to match what we saw in the new whites, which are the traditional but modernized uniforms (I guess the modernization is the number color and the Houston wordmark?).

The Bold Bull uniforms are maybe all red? Certainly looks red here:

spacer.png

And then the H-Town Tough uniforms are all navy, maybe with special numbers?

They certainly aren't leaning on light blue in here: https://www.instagram.com/p/C5yVI-TOS2D/?hl=en&img_index=1

This might not be as radical as people here are worried about.

• Like 1

The new Jets set is a downgrade. The old set is boring, and the inclusion of green pants and a black alt means we'll still be seeing the same awful combos that plagued the Jets for the past few years. The only upgrade is the change to the logo, and even then, that's not very good. The previous set had way more character and was extremely fitting for the team. This says nothing except "we miss the '80s".

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • WOAH 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Meh 3
  • Huh? 4
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 7
  • Hate 2
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 3
  • Eyeroll 3

the user formerly known as cdclt

9 minutes ago, sky1324 said:

The new Jets set is a downgrade. The old set is boring, and the inclusion of green pants and a black alt means we'll still be seeing the same awful combos that plagued the Jets for the past few years. The only upgrade is the change to the logo, and even then, that's not very good. The previous set had way more character and was extremely fitting for the team. This says nothing except "we miss the '80s".

Naw. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, sky1324 said:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 13
  • Eyeroll 1

You all like the Jets' new uniforms now. Come back to me after the sixth consecutive week of them wearing the black pants and black socks.

The uniform tops out at "acceptable," the devotion to accuracy on the fonts is nice but the fonts themselves are nothing to write home about, the finish on the helmet seems way out of place on a straight retro look, and the alternate is more BFBS than ever now that the black trim has been stripped out of the primaries.

The Keyshawn/Kotite era is the best the Jets have ever dressed, but everything outside of the aesthetics is why we'll never see that revived.

• Applause 1
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

To everyone who fears that the white jersey with black pants look will still be in the rotation for the Jets:

Maybe the fact that they didn't even model it in these shoots is a sign that it's not in the team's plans. Yes, they didn't originally plan on it or model it with the previous 2019-2023 set, but now that they have used that combo before and still chose not to include it could potentially mean something.

I could be wrong or that could change when Breece Hall tweets that he wants to wear black pants, but I'm still optimistic. Plus there also isn't any black on the other jerseys, so it may not even be allowed or encouraged.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, SportsFan12 said:

To everyone who fears that the white jersey with black pants look will still be in the rotation for the Jets:

Maybe the fact that they didn't even model it in these shoots is a sign that it's not in the team's plans. Yes, they didn't originally plan on it or model it with the last set, but now that they have used that combo before and still  chose not to include it means something. I could be wrong or that could change when Breece Hall tweets that he wants to wear black pants, but I'm still optimistic. Plus there also isn't any black on the other jerseys, so it may not even be allowed or encouraged.

You beat me to it. It is still possible that black pants and/or white socks appear at some point, but with no black on the jersey the black pants may be restricted to the black jersey.

I've said it before, the previous uniforms were 2015 Browns-esque. I wouldn't have directly went with the 1980's throwback route however, but these don't look bad by any means. Very solid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Ah yes, helmet inconsistencies

Green helmet has number and small wordmark

GLNiJ8laYAAY-JW?format=jpg&name=medium

Black helmet has large wordmark and no number

GLNiJ8qacAAoIRk?format=jpg&name=medium

What a dumb choice for the NOB font.  It clashes with every single other thing on the uniform.  Simple block would have been fine.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

It's a 'bit' to tease the uniform unveil.  That said, teams get the schedule earlier than when it is released, but unlikely this far in advance.

I don't think choosing the jerseys for games is as difficult as people may think. Using the Jaguars, I would imagine they start with something like this:

White: September home games and road

Teal: non-September home afternoon games and road for WAH (white at home)

Black: London and primetime home games

The throwback will likely be used for primetime home games.

As for the full uniform, the Jaguars likely are taking requests for pants and socks with each jersey.

15 minutes ago, BBTV said:

What a dumb choice for the NOB font.  It clashes with every single other thing on the uniform.  Simple block would have been fine.

It keeps with 80s Champion style. I'm very good with it.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

While I was never as anti-previous Jets set as some people, they definitely became dated very quickly while these new old ones are classic football uniforms.

Here's the rest of the logo slick.

51vwqozofnuc1.jpeg

The jet inside the football makes me happy

• Like 2