2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, GFB said:

Once again, all you would have to do to “fix” this is to flip the striping pattern on the shoulder insert from white-green-white to green-white-green and it’d look just like it did in the early 00s pre-Nike:

2R5dVoR.png

That small change makes these uniforms look so much better and more natural.

• Like 11

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Ah yes, helmet inconsistencies

Green helmet has number and small wordmark

GLNiJ8laYAAY-JW?format=jpg&name=medium

Black helmet has large wordmark and no number

GLNiJ8qacAAoIRk?format=jpg&name=medium

Wordmark isn't a design choice, its just victim to different helmet models. The newer Schutt F7 has these ridges on the back bumper that make the wordmark decals be shrunk in comparison to other models.

Here's a comparison:

$_1.PNG

EijqAakXsAA_DS7.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

And here is Sauce Gardner's helmet from last year

0_GettyImages-1701286881.jpg

Compared to Breece Hall's Speedflex

oezi59uto7jivymrqpwc.webp

• Like 7

4 hours ago, GrayJ12 said:

Sack Exchange-era Jets is a visual identity I love, and I'm glad it's getting a second life, but why do they still have black? Is BFBS making an unfortunate comeback as well? I know people want the Namath-era jerseys back as an alt, but I'd love for them to bring back the old Titans of New York scheme for a least a game.

See, that is the main problem. I want them to come back so badly, but the problem within that uniform to many casual NFL fans was unrecognizable. They do not know the history of the AFL unless they looked it up or watched YouTube videos about it. It seems the Jets became visually famous because of Joe Namath which is why most of the late Gen X'ers knew about the history of the Jets from 1994-1998 (when the return of the Namath era 1965-1977 uniforms came to life, but with a darker shade of green we call, Asparagus).

47 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

the Axiom helmet has a new facemask available this season.

Much better than the facemasks without the top bar.  I want to fight Clyde Edwards-Helaire for drawing his Robot bars on his visor because of that.  This should fix it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, kb105 said:

Wordmark isn't a design choice, its just victim to different helmet models. The newer Schutt F7 has these ridges on the back bumper that make the wordmark decals be shrunk in comparison to other models.

Here's a comparison:

$_1.PNG

EijqAakXsAA_DS7.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Thank you for pointing this out.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Anyone got a vector file of the new logo?

Every individual NFL team uses an SVG for their primary marks in the upper left-hand corner of their sites. It's there.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, tscuzzy said:

uhhh has anyone pointed out the massive gap between the decal "S" and the helmet?

I think that’s just an unavoidable part of that helmet model, short of painting the logo on, in which case the logo would have to be moved back. 

2 hours ago, kb105 said:

Here's a comparison:

$_1.PNG

EijqAakXsAA_DS7.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

By not putting "it takes all of us" or "end racism", the Jets clearly support police brutality against minorities.  There's no other explaination.

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • WOAH 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

And...

spacer.png

I'd prefer the version without the gold outlines on the name and numbers. Hate how it makes them look fuzzy from a distance. Optionally cleaning up the Northwestern stripes too, but that doesn't bother me as much.

oD3suSr.png

And +1 to bringing back the UCLA stripes on the whites. Damn striping consistency.

• Like 5

As a Jets fan I am very happy with the revamp. Still interested to see how the helmets will match up with the jersey color.  In reality the 2019 jerseys should have been these with a few modern twists. I would've put the abstract jet logo on one of the jersey stripes and done the same on the pant leg but I understand why they went ultra conservative.