2024 NFL Changes

55 minutes ago, ruttep said:

It could easily just be the standard seam on Nike's uniform template

I think this is just a graphic design choice for this particular social media element.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Considering they’re one of the teams that could’ve done three helmets this season, I’m a little surprised they didn’t.

Agree.  This is the start of at least a year's worth of speculation of them adding a White helmet and Namath throwbacks.  

Still, I wonder if they want to let the Sack Exchange return unis settle in for awhile before doing that.  Let the fans get accustomed to them before throwing a Namath set back in the mix.  If they do it now, you'd have a contingent of Jets fans saying the team should go back to them permanently.  

Give it 3-5 years and then bring them back.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Agree.  This is the start of at least a year's worth of speculation of them adding a White helmet and Namath throwbacks.  

Still, I wonder if they want to let the Sack Exchange return unis settle in for awhile before doing that.  Let the fans get accustomed to them before throwing a Namath set back in the mix.  If they do it now, you'd have a contingent of Jets fans saying the team should go back to them permanently.  

Give it 3-5 years and then bring them back.

Until they bring back the Titans of New York

spacer.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thisguyphelps said:

This brownie sucks because he isn't holding the ball right. A fumble is imminent. The timeless classic brownie should be the only alternate.

Some might say the fumble-prone Brownie is perfect symbol. Ernest Byner might take umbrage, though. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Hate 3

4 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Some might say the fumble-prone Brownie is perfect symbol. Ernest Byner might take umbrage, though. 

dammit I was just going to make an Ernest Byner joke. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Hate 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

The internet will ruin the Jets for us. Don't worry.

Please, just once in the preseason and then never again. I wonder if Buhlahkay there wants to go to war?

For what it’s worth, the brief, largely buried ESPN article has about two thousand likes. Most people (unlike Buhlahkay there) really enjoyed the combinations shown. 

I’m not on Twitter (which I refuse to call X). Could any of you go on there and refute his stupid request? Pretty please? Maybe something like “they’re the New York Jets, not the New York Ass”?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bbush24 said:

So technically this is a new version of the Browns helmet that's never been worn before. White facemask + shiny finish + oranger orange.

Plus thicker helmet stripes compared to 80s/90s version

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Screen-Shot-2022-09-13-at-12.12.55-PM.pn

That little oaf looks ridiculous and would immediately become worst logo in the league -- but still an upgrade from that generic 90s helmet they keep recycling.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Eyeroll 2

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Considering they’re one of the teams that could’ve done three helmets this season, I’m a little surprised they didn’t.

Jets will have at least two alternate helmets this year according to retailers getting ready to sell them. The second alternate could be green or black for all I know, and the MSRP is significantly higher than the unveiled green and black helmets. So perhaps a very unique paint and/or decal scheme.

If the throwback isn’t unveiled for ‘24 (assuming a regular price point) then decent chance we’ll see it for ‘25. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Jets will have at least two alternate helmets this year according to retailers getting ready to sell them. The second alternate could be green or black for all I know, and the MSRP is significantly higher than the unveiled green and black helmets. So perhaps a very unique paint and/or decal scheme.

If the throwback isn’t unveiled for ‘24 (assuming a regular price point) then decent chance we’ll see it for ‘25. 

Really? One of the articles (mothership maybe?) specifically said the Jets would NOT have a third helmet this year. 

24 minutes ago, Cujo said:

That little oaf looks ridiculous and would immediately become worst logo in the league -- but still an upgrade from that generic 90s helmet they keep recycling.

As long as the Commanders logo set exists, nothing else could be the worst in the league. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Dislike 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

59 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Please, just once in the preseason and then never again. I wonder if Buhlahkay there wants to go to war?

For what it’s worth, the brief, largely buried ESPN article has about two thousand likes. Most people (unlike Buhlahkay there) really enjoyed the combinations shown. 

I’m not on Twitter (which I refuse to call X). Could any of you go on there and refute his stupid request? Pretty please? Maybe something like “they’re the New York Jets, not the New York Ass”?

The admin seemed to be replying to a bunch of comments. Most of them were reasonable requesting the regular green over white. No idea why they responded to this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

Possible Lions leak. Looks to be the old logo and...

Black?

Oh no...

I spy contrasting pants, at the very least. The Lions don't need a black alternate, but at least it's not full monochrome black.

• Like 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns