2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

I’d like the Jets’ black alternate uniforms a lot more if the colors on the logo on the helmet were inverted so that “JETS” is white with a green outline to match the jersey numbers.

This is my only gripe as well.  Can someone mock this up?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Really? One of the articles (mothership maybe?) specifically said the Jets would NOT have a third helmet this year. 

i'm sure they're retailers are prepping for it. giving it space to breath after the redesign is the way to go.

• Like 2

sig2024.png

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

Possible Lions leak. Looks to be the old logo and...

Black?

Oh no...

So hard to tell, although to the naked eye, it does look like a Black jersey & Black socks over either Silver or Blue pants.  

This is such a hard color scheme, which is why so many of us just want them to go back to the Barry Sanders set.  Adding Black is really tough, but if they're doing it, I just hope they've found a way to correctly balance it.  It hasn't work well at all in any prior iteration for them.

• Applause 1

The Jags just updated their Facebook cover photo...

fmjPgCk.jpeg

...Either this is the troll job of the century, or they just told us straight up exactly what throwback uniforms they plan on wearing.

(And inside of two years, I HOPE they come back ad perma-primaries...)

• Like 11

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

4 minutes ago, tBBP said:

fmjPgCk.jpeg

...Either this is the troll job of the century, or they just told us straight up exactly what throwback uniforms they plan on wearing.

This will always be my favorite NFL uniform. It's so perfect. Every single detail. Fools for ever making changes and going down the absolutely bizarre path with their identity that they have.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

24 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

So hard to tell, although to the naked eye, it does look like a Black jersey & Black socks over either Silver or Blue pants.  

Yeah, it's probably black. Under blue lighting (assuming it's true RGB blue) a blue jersey almost certainly wouldn't get that dark. Red would look considerably darker under blue light (depending on the shade), and would have historical precedent, but come on, that's not happening. In theory the green in honolulu blue would make it darker under blue light but I can't imagine it would be that dark.

So that leaves black or an uber darkhorse navy blue, which would also have historically precedence. But like red, I can't imagine the Lions ownership would ever go in that direction when black is on the table.

1964_Detroit.png

Of course, the above could all be rendered entirely moot by a variety of factors affecting how the room and the set are actually lit.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

9 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

This will always be my favorite NFL uniform. It's so perfect. Every single detail. Fools for ever making changes and going down the absolutely bizarre path with their identity that they have.

Top 3 look for me as well. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MDGP said:

Yeah, it's probably black. Under blue lighting (assuming it's true RGB blue) a blue jersey almost certainly wouldn't get that dark. Red would look considerably darker under blue light (depending on the shade), and would have historical precedent, but come on, that's not happening. In theory the green in honolulu blue would make it darker under blue light but I can't imagine it would be that dark.

So that leaves black or an uber darkhorse navy blue, which would also have historically precedence. But like red, I can't imagine the Lions ownership would ever go in that direction when black is on the table.

1964_Detroit.png

Of course, the above could all be rendered entirely moot by a variety of factors affecting how the room and the set are actually lit.

The Lions' current uniform is far from perfect, but getting rid of black was the best thing they did. Never forget that Matt Millen added black to the uniforms because he wanted the team to look more like the Raiders. The Lions should never do anything to bring back the memory of Matt Millen.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

On 4/15/2024 at 3:15 PM, GFB said:

Once again, all you would have to do to “fix” this is to flip the striping pattern on the shoulder insert from white-green-white to green-white-green and it’d look just like it did in the early 00s pre-Nike:

UPDATE:

2R5dVoR.png

That's an improvement, but I still think it looks dumb to have a truncated stripe that only spans the top of the shoulder. The 60s version had synergy with the different circular shapes; this just looks like someone accidentally started adding another stripe and stopped halfway through.

If they bring a set like this back, they should modernize it to simply have the white sleeve caps but no additional stripe. There just isn't room on modern jersey cuts for multiple shoulder stripes/panels.

• Like 1
oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

14 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I still perfer the original. The OG stripes and font are superior.

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Meh 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 6

On 4/15/2024 at 11:59 AM, sky1324 said:

The new Jets set is a downgrade. The old set is boring, and the inclusion of green pants and a black alt means we'll still be seeing the same awful combos that plagued the Jets for the past few years. The only upgrade is the change to the logo, and even then, that's not very good. The previous set had way more character and was extremely fitting for the team. This says nothing except "we miss the '80s".

I wholeheartedly agree. Both the previous set and the 80’s-now-current set have similar feels. They’re “modern” looks to get rid of the Namath style jerseys that are both honestly kind of boring. The white and green contrasting sleeves are unique, and feel like the Jets. These two sets could just be for any green and white team. I don’t disagree that the 80’s set looks nice, but I thought the last one did too. So to replace it with a set really similar to it is kinda odd.

I feel like most fans are gonna notice that it no longer has black outlines, and that it doesn’t say New York anymore. 

The Jets have an iconic look with the Namath set and contrasting sleeves. I’m not sure why they’ve wanted to get away from those at all. And these 80’s throwbacks are so similar to the previous set that I don’t know why people were clamoring for them so much. They’re kinda cut from the same cloth, just in different decades…

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

29 minutes ago, tBBP said:

fmjPgCk.jpeg

It won’t be a true throwback if the right sleeve Nike logo isn’t flipped 

• LOL 2

35 minutes ago, KouPilot said:

The broncos posted a new jersey tease and well, I tried to brighten the image...

spacer.png

God I hope that’s not the number font

2 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Possible Lions leak. Looks to be the old logo and...

Black?

Oh no...

Perhaps a Black alternate jersey is where they pair the Blue helmet they debuted last year.

Blue helmet 

Black jersey

Blue pants

Black socks

If the details are done right, this has a small chance of not completely sucking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

The admin seemed to be replying to a bunch of comments. Most of them were reasonable requesting the regular green over white. No idea why they responded to this one.

I wish they had said something along the lines of “no, you little buttwagon, we won’t give you plain white socks, especially with white pants, because that looks like hot garbage and we want our uniform set to look good, and frankly you should be ashamed of yourself for even asking” but I suspect that might’ve been construed as poor customer service. 

• LOL 3

44 minutes ago, KouPilot said:

The broncos posted a new jersey tease and well, I tried to brighten the image...

spacer.png

Well done, Broncos, you magnificent bastards. Not on the actual uniforms most likely, but on this nice little prank. 

38 minutes ago, MDGP said:

1964_Detroit.png

They have already said they’re staying with Honolulu blue and silver, so if it’s a black uniform, it’s just an alt. Less than ideal to be sure, but honestly, probably better than that absolute garbage whiteout crap they kept pushing last year, and that wasn’t even an alt. 

I’m more intrigued by what looks like their Barry Sanders-era logo. Are they adding a ‘90s throwback in place of the plain Thanksgiving set? Simplifying their current logo to be more like its more distant ancestors? Just trying to hype some nostalgia in advance of the reveal?