2024 NFL Changes

The lighting is so harsh for the Lions set photo there's no way to discern heads from tails, but from the neon logo on the wall, my guess is that the 90s Lions throwbacks will replace the 50s Lions throwbacks.

EDIT: Or not. IDK, 48 hours to go!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GFB said:

The lighting is so harsh for the Lions set photo there's no way to discern heads from tails, but from the neon logo on the wall, my guess is that the 90s Lions throwbacks will replace the 50s Lions throwbacks.

EDIT: Or not. IDK, 48 hours to go!

I also noted that as a possibility. The plain throwbacks are cool, but the Barry look is better IMO. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Possible Lions leak. Looks to be the old logo and...

Black?

Oh no...

There is so much color saturation in this that idk how we can discern anything other than the jersey is darker than the helmet and pants

• Like 3

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

1 hour ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I still perfer the original. The OG stripes and font are superior.

spacer.png

The original bevel-block numbers were certainly not bad by any means...but they don't beat the '98-'08 number/NOB font pairing or the refined pants striping. I honestly thought the Jags were gonna unveil these as their throwback choice...so color me surprised when the '98 uniforms showed up on their Facebook cover.

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

God I hope that’s not the number font

I've seen several say this about the font the Broncos have been using on their socials. I can 100% guarantee you it's not their new number font. It's just become a rather popular font to use of late. Shoot, STLCITY built out their brand identity using it...

21812.png

20230113_STLSC_Gear_0038.webp?cb=64ad38e

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

The internet will ruin the Jets for us. Don't worry.

That user commented that and referenced this picture. i think he believed that these were white socks when in reality its double socks with the white crews pulled up very high.

spacer.png

• Applause 1

Curiosity may just kill me, but options I’d like to see for the Jets-

• Green/White/Green/Black

• Green/Green/Green/Black

• Green/Green/White/Black

• Green/Black/White/Black

Options we’ll get-

• Green/White/Black/Black

• Green/White/Green/Green

• Green/Green/White/White

• Hurl 1

7 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I'd love something like this. A helmet with a single bar facemask, famously invented by the Browns.

s-l1200.webp

Do we ever see 2D applications of other team's helmets? I thought it was mentioned but I have trouble recalling anything but the 3/4 view.

2d helmet is the best logo solution IMO

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

No black and the current logo. Also looks like white is back in the helmet stripe

I never understood how a black jersey was supposed to work for the Lions. If the numbers are white, they look like the Panthers. If the numbers are silver, they look like the Raiders. And blue can be difficult to read, even with silver borders on the numbers. Hopefully the Lions realized this too.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 4/15/2024 at 1:53 PM, rfraser85 said:

I don't think choosing the jerseys for games is as difficult as people may think. Using the Jaguars, I would imagine they start with something like this:

White: September home games and road

Teal: non-September home afternoon games and road for WAH (white at home)

Black: London and primetime home games

The throwback will likely be used for primetime home games.

As for the full uniform, the Jaguars likely are taking requests for pants and socks with each jersey.

My requests would be simple:

pants - white with teal jersey, teal with black jersey, either white or teal with white jersey. 

socks - black always

6 minutes ago, bowld said:

Pants in video appear to be stripeless :(

The blue ones don't seem to have any but the stripe at 0:02 can't be a jersey sleeve. Silver pants with Barry era stripes but plain blue ones to mix and match as they said they wanted?

18 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Blue-white-blue stripe at 0:02...

spacer.png

Better, their 1975-2002 template is MUCH better than their post-WCF era uniforms. The 1975-1982 uniforms has some nice silver numbers with white trim. The 1983-2002 uniforms did improve on the number colors flipping them around, but to be honest, the silver numbers with white trim was far superior.

1 hour ago, damnyoutuesday said:

There is so much color saturation in this that idk how we can discern anything other than the jersey is darker than the helmet and pants

Yeah, non-full spectrum lighting makes it difficult to tell things apart for humans. In some instances a color doesn't even need to actually be darker to appear darker in the correct lighting. This quote is an excuse to post one of my favorite youtube videos.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!