2024 NFL Changes

33 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

As ugly as that is, why can't the Saints at least use that shade of gold?

The only instance when that color looks good is when it's slathered on a hot dog. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

14 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Rod Wood was pretty secretive but specifically talked about making the numbers more legible. I don't think they'll just change the outline from charcoal to white while lightening the grey a bit... White numbers, no contrasting collars, very good helmet made even better better with white added, Barry era pants and no black in sight? I'm not as worried as I was...

I am still partial to the 1975-1982 version of the 1975-2002 uniforms because the Northwestern University Stripes matched the silver numbers with white trim because the sleeve stripes themselves were silver with white trim.

59 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Never forget where we came from

spacer.png

I actually loved that yellow jersey in Madden. The key was to pair it with white pants and black socks. Then it worked (mostly lol). But yeah. Shoulders to toes in that color? Blah. Just too much.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 9:01 AM, DCarp1231 said:

1500x500

I'm super late with my reaction because stuff but it's great to have the Jets look good again. I don't care for the black uniform but it's not offensive enough to bother me. As long as they don't overdo it like last time.

The uniform just fits the modern template better than it did in the past. I actually love "Gotham Green" more than Kelly Green and that's the only compliment I'll give the previous set. 

We may never again speak of that debacle that was the 2018 redesign. 

On 4/15/2024 at 1:59 PM, Cujo said:

Predicting the Jets will revert back to these in ten years.

Chad-Pennington-Jets-Credit-USA-TODAY-Sp

Super bias because it's what I grew up with but this to be is still the my favorite Jets uniform. They'll probably use this as their throwback alternative next season and if that's the case, we may have the best of both worlds. As long as they inverse the loop, which is all they had to do to begin with. I still think it can work in today's almost sleeve-less template, it just needs slightly more effort.

That being said, I'm very happy with this change. If they play bad on the field, at least they'll look good doing so. 

Is that now 3 teams that have gone back to their previous throwbacks after the "Nike-ified" changes? Says a lot about their creative department. I wonder what's next for the Lions? I didn't think they had a bad set. It just needed a white outline. 

• Like 1

XM4KeeA.png

4 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The next Jets/Browns game is going to look exactly like the 1986 playoffs.

b365ce00-3e3f-4279-abb2-fa020bec8bd6-USA

Nah, the jets will wear black, and the browns will wear their brown pants, just to spite us.

• Like 2
  • LOL 10

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, AstroCree said:

Is that now 3 teams that have gone back to their previous throwbacks after the "Nike-ified" changes? Says a lot about their creative department. I wonder what's next for the Lions? I didn't think they had a bad set. It just needed a white outline. 

Jacksonville, Cleveland, Tampa and now NYJ have all backtracked a Nike redesign. Miami only adjusted the numbers on their Nike set. Otherwise Minnesota, Seattle, Atlanta, New England, Rams, Chargers, Cardinals and WFT all have kept their designs since getting them.

11 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Jacksonville, Cleveland, Tampa and now NYJ have all backtracked a Nike redesign. Miami only adjusted the numbers on their Nike set. Otherwise Minnesota, Seattle, Atlanta, New England, Rams, Chargers, Cardinals and WFT all have kept their designs since getting them.

True, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that the WFT and Atlanta undo theirs within the next 2 years. (Although we can't blame Nike for the WFT, that blame rests on Tanya Snyder's shoulders)

• Like 9

3 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

There’s no Dick involved, but anybody remember Fair Hooker?

Sure do. Got his autograph when I was a kid. There's also this.

At one point, Don Meredith couldn’t resist chiming in about the name of a certain Browns wide receiver.

“Isn’t Fair Hooker a great name?” asked Meredith.

“I pass,” Cosell said.

Meredith allegedly added, “Fair Hooker — I haven’t met one yet.”

• LOL 6

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

True, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that the WFT and Atlanta undo theirs within the next 2 years. (Although we can't blame Nike for the WFT, that blame rests on Tanya Snyder's shoulders)

I could see the Falcons keeping theirs for a bit longer. The worst part of it are the ATL wordmark and the number font. That gradient jersey is apparently already mothballed as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, PurpleHayes said:

Yeah, Washington should have left the uniforms alone once the Native American imagery was removed. There was nothing wrong with those uniforms, and I could easily see Washington changing back to them the first chance they get. They probably can't go back to being the (Commanders), but the uniforms should be acceptable.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I could see the Falcons keeping theirs for a bit longer. The worst part of it are the ATL wordmark and the number font. That gradient jersey is apparently already mothballed as well. 

I can see the Falcons going in the route of Miami, and making some small adjustments to the jerseys (number adjustments, shrinking/removing the ATL) but still keeping their overall look. But either or would work out for them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bowld said:

Browns changed colors as well according to X-

spacer.png

glossy-finish-and-white-facemask-v0-u2g1

Makes sense. I laughed getting an email talking about the "new" logo, which is just a recolored mask and helmet. They really need something other than a helmet the league wouldn't allow on the field anymore. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, GhostOfNormMacdonald said:

Okay, I shouldn't say this, but I kind of like it

Oh no, it's a great helmet. Most people here would agree I think. It works because the red is so dark. The Jags took this idea and failed miserably. 

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

Oh no, it's a great helmet. Most people here would agree I think. It works because the red is so dark. The Jags took this idea and failed miserably. 

Also works because it's a horizontal gradient with the same finish.

18 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Yeah, Washington should have left the uniforms alone once the Native American imagery was removed. There was nothing wrong with those uniforms, and I could easily see Washington changing back to them the first chance they get. They probably can't go back to being the (Commanders), but the uniforms should be acceptable.

They're probably choosing a name behind the scenes. We'll see the classic uni again. Clock got reset with the sale. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

It’s foolish to ever think a team will only ever wear one set of pants. Raiders are the only holdout.

In my proposal they could technically have two pairs of pants…they’d just both be grey. For the main three jerseys they could simplify the stripes to Braisher stripes. Then they could wear the more complex (and historically accurate) stripes with the throwback. 

43 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I'd say Minnesota and Seattle have kept theirs, since they're well past the five year window. In addition, the Titans have also kept their 2018 Nike design (and same with the Jags' second Nike attempt in 2018). Miami adjusted the numbers, got rid of the darker blue, and adjusted the shade of orange. The Falcons, Pats, Rams, Chargers, and Cardinals are in the 5-year window and can't change yet even if they wanted.

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.