2024 NFL Changes

21 hours ago, jp1409 said:

The blue ones don't seem to have any but the stripe at 0:02 can't be a jersey sleeve. Silver pants with Barry era stripes but plain blue ones to mix and match as they said they wanted?

I hate stripeless but somehow solid blue stripeless sounds more tolerable than most.

9 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I do too, and if they did it when reverting back to Deion-era uniforms, it not only would make sense, it would separate their look a little more from the Raiders.  The Saints probably wouldn't love it.

Black, Silver, and Gold are extremely effective together when done right.  Needing to use Red adds a challenge to the design process, as 4th colors always do, but these colors all work well together so it's not as much of a problem as other combinations. 

I think you'd have to consider the Silver helmet I keep begging the Falcons to use, and then adding a Red/Black/Gold stripe down the middle, which you'd have to repeat on the pant stripe.  Numbers would have to be tri-color, which is not complicated. 

Or they could make it very clean and just do simple Gold accents, such as an extra outline on the sleeve logo and a Gold Swoosh, which of course would get eyes rolling.   Imagine it though as a tertiary accent color on Black/Red gloves, cleats, and the helmet.  I think you start with the Black/Red/Silver/White base, and add Gold like jewelry - an extra outline, on the Swoosh, maybe on a chest patch (which I would not support).  A little goes a long way.

If Deion somehow did get his sons to Atlanta, since he's already stating he's only going to let them play for certain teams, it would really bring some much-needed juice to the Falcons brand.

Plus, you've got another guy in Atlanta now who would support it:

Kirk-Cousins.png?fit=1234,822&ssl=1

Imagine that Sports Illustrated cover:  Coach Prime, Kirk Cousins, Shedeur & Shilo, the latter 3 in the new Falcons uniforms with gold accents, all wearing big gold chains.  Very, very Atlanta.

[I'm available for consulting.] 😆

And just to add on to this silly concept, all Atlanta would have to do for their NikeSpeak™️ presentation is to show these photos:

6719d7e4f9a643e642a2bc061acd33e6c9029370

57742ec8447bacd8c55d36152f67e956.jpg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tBBP said:

Trust me on this: NO ONE wants the '97 jerseys...

49ers-Jaguars-1997-012.jpg

dlrbjjk6ftav9r8jrfk9.jpg

(And those were the versions that made it out after the preseason...)

Black side panels? I guess we suppressed the memory.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

Gotta say, I'm not a fan of the Browns going back to their old shade of brown. It looks way too drab and almost black. The now former shade was much closer to a milk chocolate color, which I thought looked good on tv. 

I think both the old orange and brown look richer and better, but I guess it's tough to pass judgment given variable fabric and lighting factors.  The variability of those factors might be bigger than the actual color changes, making the design process a matter of trial and error.

31 minutes ago, chakdaddy said:

Black side panels? I guess we suppressed the memory.

Yes, I completely did.  Rest of the jersey was what I was after.

51 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I do too, and if they did it when reverting back to Deion-era uniforms, it not only would make sense, it would separate their look a little more from the Raiders.  The Saints probably wouldn't love it.

Black, Silver, and Gold are extremely effective together when done right.  Needing to use Red adds a challenge to the design process, as 4th colors always do, but these colors all work well together so it's not as much of a problem as other combinations. 

I think you'd have to consider the Silver helmet I keep begging the Falcons to use, and then adding a Red/Black/Gold stripe down the middle, which you'd have to repeat on the pant stripe.  Numbers would have to be tri-color, which is not complicated. 

Or they could make it very clean and just do simple Gold accents, such as an extra outline on the sleeve logo and a Gold Swoosh, which of course would get eyes rolling.   Imagine it though as a tertiary accent color on Black/Red gloves, cleats, and the helmet.  I think you start with the Black/Red/Silver/White base, and add Gold like jewelry - an extra outline, on the Swoosh, maybe on a chest patch (which I would not support).  A little goes a long way.

If Deion somehow did get his sons to Atlanta, since he's already stating he's only going to let them play for certain teams, it would really bring some much-needed juice to the Falcons brand.

Plus, you've got another guy in Atlanta now who would support it:

Kirk-Cousins.png?fit=1234,822&ssl=1

Imagine that Sports Illustrated cover:  Coach Prime, Kirk Cousins, Shedeur & Shilo, the latter 3 in the new Falcons uniforms with gold accents, all wearing big gold chains.  Very, very Atlanta.

[I'm available for consulting.] 😆

Alright, since I've been talking about it forever, I ran a quick & dirty mock-up of my ideal Falcons uniform with Dark Silver helmet (sans Gold):

W5okmWF.jpeg

Add a Gold outline to the helmet stripe, logo, and the Swoosh & accessory details (like on cleats) if you wanted to go that route.  Either way, this would do it. 

(I wouldn't even be completely heartbroken if they added a small 1" tall "ATLANTA" above the number in a clean new non-italic font.)

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, HOOVER said:

Alright, since I've been talking about it forever, I ran a quick & dirty mock-up of my ideal Falcons uniform with Dark Silver helmet (sans Gold):

W5okmWF.jpeg

Add a Gold outline to the helmet stripe, logo, and the Swoosh & accessory details (like on cleats) if you wanted to go that route.  Either way, this would do it. 

(I wouldn't even be completely heartbroken if they added a small 1" tall "ATLANTA" above the number in a clean new non-italic font.)

That's fantastic 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

The only instance when that color looks good is when it's slathered on a hot dog. 

Is gold (metallic, not athletic) the toughest shade to get right?

It's good when it's rich. The Saints have done it.  But often it's pale, washed out and awful like many Georgia Tech and Purdue football jerseys.  It works better as shiny helmet or pants than jersey.    Meanwhile, the 49ers looked "wrong" with an objectively good shade of gold and somehow look way better with traditional beige pants.

49 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

W5okmWF.jpeg

Sorry, too similar to division rival Tampa Bay in a black jersey.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

W5okmWF.jpeg

Cool in theory, but I think the black and "dark silver" would blend together too much in practice (this also happens with Tampa's pewter pants/black socks since the pants aren't dazzle fabric anymore). Would end up looking like mono-black.

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

And just to add on to this silly concept, all Atlanta would have to do for their NikeSpeak™️ presentation is to show these photos:

6719d7e4f9a643e642a2bc061acd33e6c9029370

57742ec8447bacd8c55d36152f67e956.jpg

I can hear the narrator in the unveiling video now…

*pictures and clips of Deion* “The gold standard, woven deep into the fabric of ATL culture… worn with pride.” *flashes gold accents on the uniform* *player model shows off grills and it’s Kirk Cousins*

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, VikWings said:

Can add Detroit to the backtracked list as well.

FWIW though the Falcons, Chargers, Rams, Patriots, Cardinals and Commies are all too soon to backtrack. 2024 will be year 5 for ATL, NE, and the LA teams, year 3 for Wash and year 2 for ARZ.

(Titans have also kept theirs)

Even if Washington wanted to change considering new ownership wipes out the 5 year requirement, it still takes (allegedly) 18-24 months to complete the process. We’d be looking at changing after year 4 if we’re fortunate enough to even think Josh Harris & Co. made it a top priority in year 1.

3 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Cool in theory, but I think the black and "dark silver" would blend together too much in practice (this also happens with Tampa's pewter pants/black socks since the pants aren't dazzle fabric anymore). Would end up looking like mono-black.

This looks much darker on my phone than it did on my monitor; the intended color is Wolf Grey or what Nike calls in the Team division “Dark Steel Grey”…it’s a mid-shade, a little darker than Carolina/Detroit/Las Vegas’s Silver but certainly not Anthracite or Tampa’s current Pewter.  It’s meant to be the same Gray/Silver currently used by the Colorado Buffaloes.

14 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I can hear the narrator in the unveiling video now…

*pictures and clips of Deion* “The gold standard, woven deep into the fabric of ATL culture… worn with pride.” *flashes gold accents on the uniform* *player model shows off grills and it’s Kirk Cousins*

And it sounds like it’s the league that would make them wait that long, which is a shame.  There should be an expedited process for new ownership situations.

3 hours ago, YelichGraphics said:

Color me wrong, pun attended, but as far as I know the Browns are still using the same Pantones as last season. @TruColor could verify but from what I saw on the style guide they still use PMS 2028 and NFL Brown

I haven't seen the new specs yet, so I'll have to take your word for it.

1 minute ago, HOOVER said:

And it sounds like it’s the league that would make them wait that long, which is a shame.  There should be an expedited process for new ownership situations.

I think you may have quoted the wrong reply

• LOL 1