2024 NFL Changes

Major, major improvement from the last jerseys. 

The white numbers on the blue jerseys look better. 

The striping is better. The WCF mark is gone. 

Like it or not, the black is much better than the dirty dishwater grey, and will look better than the previous black alternates since it'll (probably) be paired with a black helmet.

And hey -- they've gone back to block numbers! Obviously we'll need to see the big picture tonight, but so far this is the best Detroit has looked since...2002? 

• Like 6
  • Meh 1

5 minutes ago, RedSeaHeath said:

Good stuff here.

So the blue jersey doesn't have a wordmark, but the white and black do? Dammit Lions, you were so close. But hey, at least they still have shoulder numbers.

spacer.png

Not a fan of the black jersey, but the home and away look really solid. I wish they'd updated the wordmark (or honesty just didn't put it on the jersey at all), but that's a minor annoyance. Hopefully the pants have matching stripes, but it looks like I'll be buying a new jersey this year.

• Like 7

Looks like a metallic or chrome-inspired Silver is being used for the number trim and sleeve stripes.  Subtle and also actually logical given the Ford Motors connection.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Looks like a metallic or chrome-inspired Silver is being used for the number trim and sleeve stripes.  Subtle and also actually logical given the Ford Motors connection.

Believe its the same silver AZ uses on their road whites

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

The wordmark being present on only 2 of the 3 is weird, but not a deal breaker. I don’t mind the perforated numbers. It’s a silly detail, but the general effect looks essentially like the old mesh jerseys, as long as they don’t introduce a stupid pattern like I’m afraid the Texans will feature.

It seemed like we were in an era 15-20 years ago where black was the popular new thing in sports graphic design. A lot of teams started to introduce it into their standard color palette in addition to black alternate jerseys. I thought that was dying, but I think it’s fully back, especially in this era of merchandising and multiple alternate jerseys. The Jets and Lions have shown us the best of both worlds with their new releases. Keep black alternates (because clearly they aren’t going away, teams will say they need a new jersey to sell) but don’t integrate black into the normal home and road looks. It’s a good compromise. Would it still fall under Uni Watch’s BFBS tag line? Absolutely, but it is probably the best option for aesthetics because we all know teams aren’t going to reveal just a home and road jersey in this day and age.

• Like 4

Fitting that Fanatics would *censor* this up after the incredible year they've been having.

Regardless, I love that they've gone back to a more traditional look. The new stripes remind me of racing stripes, and bringing white back just looks so much better. Of course, it isn't a Nike uniform these days without the perforated numbers, but the overall look is much better. Pray to God that the pants have stripes too 🙏🏻

• Like 1

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

My guess on how this leak happened is teams want the product available immediately (we saw this with the Jets) upon reveal, they were probably slated to launch at 9 or 10 AM and then it got changed to a 7 PM unveiling. There was probably a disconnect between the Lions and the retail side.