2024 NFL Changes

23 minutes ago, Sleeper66 said:

I'm hoping the wordmarks are a Fanatics error. That wordmark doesn't jibe with the old school numbers.

Based on what I've read, those Fanatics pictures are AI mock up's based on the actual jerseys.  So the wordmarks could have been added by the AI.  Not having them on the blue seems to prove that out.  Otherwise, it doesn't make sense why the white and black would have it but the home doesn't.

4 minutes ago, Raith said:

Based on what I've read, those Fanatics pictures are AI mock up's based on the actual jerseys.  So the wordmarks could have been added by the AI.  Not having them on the blue seems to prove that out.  Otherwise, it doesn't make sense why the white and black would have it but the home doesn't.

I want to know what you’ve been reading because that makes no sense. AI mockups “leak” which nail every single detail from the stripe pattern, the shiny silver application, the perforated numbers, and the omission of the wordmark from one single jersey. And then the Lions post a video, which just so happens to match the AI videos? Lmao. These were genuine leaks with nothing to do with AI.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, bowld said:

This explains why they are getting a new Alternate helmet. Likely Black to pair with the jersey

My guess :

Classic silver

Blue paired with the black jerseys

White for a solid white set to jump on the "icy" bandwagon

• Like 4

The word mark on the white jersey is pointless, but it's small enough that I can live with it. The mesh numbers are a choice I would not have made, but they're hardly a big deal. The stripes look good. I'm thrilled with the plain ol' block number font. The idiotic BFBS alternate could have been worse.  Overall, these jerseys are a huge upgrade over the previous set. Let's hope they didn't go :censored: all stupid with the pants.

• Like 4

BB52Big.jpg

On 3/28/2024 at 10:12 AM, PlayGloria said:

This might end up being a case of "careful what you wish for," but I'm kind of ready for a new Lions set. I have never really loved this current set, even when they use the right combos. Not a fan of the slanted numbers. I also want more white involved in the color scheme instead of primarily gray/silver with the Honolulu blue. If you look at the balance that the Barry Sanders era had, I think the white numbers and inner pant stripe really helped with that. 

I posted this a few weeks ago and it looks like I got my wish! These new jerseys just look very balanced. Love them. And I think adding white really helps with that balance. Great work Detroit. 

Im guessing we will get the classic silver helmet with updated striping to match the sleeves and a black version to wear with the alts.

Dont think we see a white or blue helmet

Just now, bowld said:

Im guessing we will get the classic silver helmet with updated striping to match the sleeves and a black version to wear with the alts.

Dont think we see a white or blue helmet

Blue sticking around is confirmed

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bowld said:

There is a video a few posts back showing a player wearing the blue jersey with NO wordmark so this is not some fanatics error. The blue has no wordmark

And @McCall had a post a few minutes ago (also quoted at the top of this page) showing the front. No wordmark. This was a genuine leak.

22 minutes ago, Raith said:

You're confusing AI with Photoshop

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

15 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

We're now pants stripes away from a very good update. Considering the fact that they said mix and match is very important, I'm definitely holding my breath...

Mix & match with stripes is very tricky, especially when they’re also on the helmet.  Won’t be shocked if solid stripe-less pants continue…but maybe if they do, they’ll surprise us with striped socks.

• Like 2