2024 NFL Changes

4 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

The white jersey has blue numbers with blue dominant stripes while the blue jersey has white numbers with silver dominant stripes.

No don't like the look of that.

See, that's what I was talking about on my last post here. I was talking about how the silver numbers with white trim on the blue jerseys match the sleeve stripes because they were basically the same which is why I like the 1975-1982 look of the 1975-2002 uniforms. I never liked the second half of the 1975-2002 uniforms which was the 1983-2002 uniforms because of the flipping of the number colors.

• Like 1

Thinking of the 3 shell rule. Would it be possible for the Texans primary home uniform to have a white helmet, even if their primary road helmet is navy blue? Would they then be able to interchange those? They hinted there are 3 helmets and the road and one alt has one shell,  so I'm curious. There's a graphic list they released that I read as the home uniform might be white helmet red top? 

Edit - Looking now that doesn't necessarily  add up because the H-Town helmet is navy not Light blue

GLN3jvnWMAE0lzg?format=png&name=900x900

2 hours ago, Survival79 said:

☝️ This.

b09c5K3.png

What in the blue hell?!!! Oh my god, I do not know how they are going to get past this, but this is going to be another Cleveland Browns vs Cincinnati Bengals feud. The nearly identical colors, same conference, same division, playing twice a year, and also having a deep-rooted history (with the Browns and the Bengals it is Paul Brown; with the Titans and Texans it is the City of Houston).

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

4 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I mean that was the case with the Barry Sanders-era jerseys too.

spacer.png

I do prefer the Sanders era stripes. The new ones look a little too monotonous gray, not quite enough of a departure from the current set with its wordmarks.

Scrubbing through the video of the Texans helmet, there is a very small version of the bull head logo on the back using the powder blue in place of white. Reminiscent of the Oregon O on the back of their winged helmets (but smaller) or the W on the Commanders black helmet (but on the back).

2 hours ago, shaydre1019 said:

LEAK:

When I shared the comments from the Texans on the new unis a few months back, I said it was going to be a :censored: show.  Doesn't appear to be disappointing.

Hell, let's throw it all together:  a single uniform with piping, gradients, alarm clock numbers, swoosh striping, side panels, toilet seat collar and let's do it all in bright magenta pink just because it's different.  If you're going to fail, might as well be epic with it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Survival79 said:

☝️ This.

b09c5K3.png

Good Lord. Really? Whose brilliant idea was it to go full Madden 04 create a team on the poor Texans? That is every kind of awful and probably a few more that no one has thought of. It's really looking like the Texans are the team we had to sacrifice to Nike to get the new Lions and Jets looks. This bodes well for the Broncos...maybe.

• Like 3
  • Hurl 1

BB52Big.jpg

6 minutes ago, chakdaddy said:

I do prefer the Sanders era stripes. The new ones look a little too monotonous gray, not quite enough of a departure from the current set with its wordmarks.

It's hard to put a finger on it but I preferred the negative space on the classics' striping. But even on images of Barry, the lower half of the stripes are often cut off, and it's hard to find too much fault with simplifying them.

1 minute ago, LogoFan said:

Anyone not liking block numbers, take heed.  It could be worse.  SEE:  Texans, Houston has terrible taste and should not be taken seriously.

Edited for accuracy.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Meh 1

BB52Big.jpg

28 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

At least the team is taking this good humor 😆

It would be more fitting of the Texans to show a porta-potty knocked over with all of the contents leaking out the side. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

It’s very clear the Jets and Lions* have won the uniform redesigns for this season. Based on leaks, the Texans will likely have the worst and I’m not thrilled on the Broncos prospects.

* - Pants and socks reveal withstanding

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

It's a slow healing process. But maybe it will look better with the uniform when we see it.

And maybe the hurricane damage won't seem as bad in daylight.

BB52Big.jpg

Speaking of the Jets, the undeniably best UW piece ever - every little detail about the Jets last redesign - came out today. Everything about Woody Johnson asking how to know what’s “cool”, to the NFL giving Nike the brand, and them coming back with alternative suggestions only to be told to “know your role and shut your mouth”, to the design being THISCLOSE to being a green and white version of the Steelers batwing uniform. Lots of unused concept logos and unis in there, and more real-world examples of how the league, team, and Nike interact (including the league giving Nike their version of the story they want told, then Nike coming out with their version of the Nike Speak for it.)

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."