2024 NFL Changes

Just now, ZapRowsdower8 said:

The website makes it sound like the blue jersey will only be pared with the silver pants. Let’s hope that’s true… I have my doubts. 

Appears to look like it. The Black jersey shows Black and Blue pants, and the White jersey shows Blue and White pants.  The Blue just shows Blue over Silver.

da0Lbhs.png

It's so odd to me that so many teams are doing away with pants stripes. My only thought is maybe they want to be able to mix and match with different jerseys. So lack of stripes keeps the consistency there? For the Lions, I'm surprised how much I like the blue/black/blue set and that's a good example. Blue pants with silver stripes definitely would have looked odd there. When neither the helmet nor jersey have silver stripes. 

While we have some duds every offseason. Slowly I think some teams are gravitating towards their best looks. Lions, Bucs, Cardinals, Browns, Jets, etc are perfect examples. Just need to wait out the disasters and they join them soon enough. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, sky1324 said:

spacer.png

Can somebody email this to David Tepper? This is what the Panthers should be wearing.

Too bad this belongs to the original blue and silver 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Just now, VDizzle12 said:

It's so odd to me that so many teams are doing away with pants stripes. My only thought is maybe they want to be able to mix and match with different jerseys. So lack of stripes keeps the consistency there? For the Lions, I'm surprised how much I like the blue/black/blue set and that's a good example. Blue pants with silver stripes definitely would have looked odd there. When neither the helmet nor jersey have silver stripes. 

Yes, I mentioned this earlier today - mixing & matching with striped pants can get tricky, especially when both the helmet & jersey ahve the striping.  And, it almost becomes too much, especially on mono-looks.

The key to offsetting the plain-ness of the pants woudl be to wear socks/leggings with the sleeve striping on them, but alas, we haven't been given that gift yet.

The Blue/Silver combo is perfection.

The work marks on the White and Black jerseys are not good at all.

No stripes on the Blue and White pants stinks.

Overall not as great as I thought based on the leaks.

• Like 6

Pros:

• The home uniform is great.
  • Cool take on the pants stripes.
  • I'm surprised that I don't hate the blue helmet.
  • In a vacuum, the black jersey is solid. Unfortunately we're not in a vacuum.

Cons:

• I take back what I said about the word mark on the road jersey. It looked OK in the Fanatics leak, but it's way too big on the actual jersey.
  • The lack of stripes on the blue and white pants.
  • BFBS set. Black monochrome  has never looked good and it never will. They're wasting a decent helmet on it.
  • We're going to see Honolulu blue monochrome more than we're going to see the actual home uniforms.

Overall grade: B. What the Lions got right, they totally nailed, but there is too much potential for some truly awful combos and no one needed another BFBS uniform.

• Like 11

BB52Big.jpg

Just now, BJ Sands said:

If I buy Madden --- a big if for so many reasons --- the Lions will pair the white jersey with the silver pants.

Every time.

• Like 3

Just now, sky1324 said:

You can keep the silver, I just want the black and blue.

The Silver is what makes the Blue & Black look so good...Panthers fans just can't seem to get this.

• Like 1

First impressions: goddamn, the Lions (almost) did it! They did a great job with this. Going off the revealed combos, this is what they should wear.

Silver/Blue/Silver/Blue

Silver/White/Blue/White

Throwback

(And if they have to wear BFBS, then Blue/Black/Blue/Black) 

I hope to god we see White on Silver with Blue socks at some point, but I'm worried it's not gonna happen. And considering we didn't see Blue on Blue at all, I have some hope that the Blueberry won't be seen.

From the rest of the revealed combos, the less Black on Black and White on White we see, the better.

• Like 1

da0Lbhs.png

Good lord, that home uniform 😍

I wish the road pants had stripes (or just pair that jersey with the silver ones. We don't need blue ones), and I'm not a fan of the big wordmarks on jerseys. But I can live with the road set.

The black jersey on its own is ehhhh ok, I guess. It's better than the old gray one, although that's not saying much.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

Looks like we are starting the offseason with our best (Jets, Browns facemask, and Lions) and saving the dumpster fires (Broncos, Texans) for last. The only thing I’m looking forward to for the Broncos is the possibility to mix and match pants. The Texans leaks look terrible and I’m still mourning the loss of red numbers. The away is too bland.

• Like 2