2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, Chi-Tex_Kidd said:

Oh yeah, also don’t like the Honolulu face mask.

I think it's phenomenal, it pops so nicely and brings the whole home/away kit together to make it a home run in a way that leaving it silver wouldn't have.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

The way the Texans have been going about this whole process, it feels like they think their :censored: doesn’t  stink and they’ll have the best and most hip uniforms in the league because “that’s what the kids want” or some god awful bologna explanation.

I haven't quite gotten *that* vibe, but I do think that if the unveiling flops, it'll be because they tried to please too many people at once.

• Like 1

With all this talk about the sheen on the Lions silver pants, I did some digging. As a Georgia Bulldogs guy, I have been interested in this topic because it’s often a point of contention amongst fans who long for the “true” silver britches to return.

Lo and behold, according to the Detroit News:

Beyond the blue, the Lions expressed a desire to Nike's design team to bring silver back to their color scheme after drifting more toward gray in their recent uniform incarnations. While the helmets have maintained a metallic look, the new uniforms do a better job incorporating silver on the sleeve stripes and trim around the numbers. 

The team's gray pants also are being updated to be closer to silver, although they will lack the sheen of some of the franchise's earlier looks because of limitations with the fabric Nike utilizes. The new, silver pants will be the same worn by the University of Georgia.

Looks like I quickly got my answer.

Edit - all blue still appears to be an option.

• Like 3
  • Hurl 3
  • Meh 1

40 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

With all this talk about the sheen on the Lions silver pants, I did some digging. As a Georgia Bulldogs guy, I have been interested in this topic because it’s often a point of contention amongst fans who long for the “true” silver britches to return.

Lo and behold, according to the Detroit News:

Looks like I quickly got my answer.

Edit - all blue still appears to be an option.

The improper sock wearing 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Really. How fxxxing hard would it have been for the Lions to just have gone back to these instead?

Sharp: Celebrating 1991 only emphasizes Detroit Lions' failures

Complain about the black jersey or blue helmet. But this? They nailed the home uniform.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Is it different than the Barry Sanders look? Sure, but it definitely gives off the same vibe. Not to mention that the double stripe they chose pays homage to this stripe application. They didn’t just pick it randomly.

spacer.png

• Like 17
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, sky1324 said:

spacer.png

Can somebody email this to David Tepper? This is what the Panthers should be wearing.

You are right. The Panthers should of been this look. But why would they continue to keep the silver helmets is beyond me.

1 hour ago, weirdguyace said:

I haven't quite gotten *that* vibe, but I do think that if the unveiling flops, it'll be because they tried to please too many people at once.

I feel like there will be one good uniform and 3 bad ones, and everybody will question why they didn't just go with the one good one across the board

• Like 2

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

2 hours ago, bowld said:

I know its BFBS but this looks incredible Blue/Black/Blue/Black

spacer.png

If a team is going to insist on doing BFBS, at least make it look good. And I would argue the Lions did exactly that with this set

• Like 6
  • WOAH 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

9 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

What in the blue hell?!!! Oh my god, I do not know how they are going to get past this, but this is going to be another Cleveland Browns vs Cincinnati Bengals feud. The nearly identical colors, same conference, same division, playing twice a year, and also having a deep-rooted history (with the Browns and the Bengals it is Paul Brown; with the Titans and Texans it is the City of Houston).

7 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Man oh man do the Titans and Texans love using the same colors. There needs to be a lawsuit once and for all. Have two divisional teams shared such a similar color palette ever?

6 hours ago, Gobbi said:

Yep

Browns-Bengals-Orange-2.png

RE: This is going to be another Cleveland Browns vs Cincinnati Bengals feud. The nearly identical colors, same conference, same division, playing twice a year, and also having a deep-rooted history (with the Browns and the Bengals it is Paul Brown; with the Titans and Texans it is the City of Houston).

• Like 3

If the Lions really did want the metallic sheen on pants but "although they will lack the sheen of some of the franchise's earlier looks because of limitations with the fabric Nike utilizes " how is this acceptable?  A huge comapny is unable to fulfill the request of one of the biggest businesses in the world? A request for a product that existed 40 years ago?!  Unacceptable. 

Im not terribly impressed by the striping: the helmet centerline ratio seems different than the pants.  And the shoulder silver/white will look poor from any distance.

Now for an unpopular opinion: going from their unique font to block is a step backward.  

• Like 3
  • Huh? 2

27 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Complain about the black jersey or blue helmet. But this? They nailed the home uniform.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Is it different than the Barry Sanders look? Sure, but it definitely gives off the same vibe. Not to mention that the double stripe they chose pays homage to this stripe application. They didn’t just pick it randomly.

spacer.png

Exactly. The Lions had looked good in the past, but never had a stripe unique to themselves. 

The Barry uniforms used the Steelers stripes when long, Cowboys stripes when short, and Chiefs stripes when they’re cuffed all the way up like #75. 

They got more unique, but added black to the fray which was a bad idea and never felt right. 

I actually liked the Megatron/Suh era uniforms, but they overplayed their hand with the black facemask and black wordmark in the endzone. 

They eventually go back to blue/grey only and switch to a Northwestern stripe, which the Giants aways do better, and now the Cardinals aways too. 

Now we’ve FINALLY solved it. 

A mix of Mustang Racing Stripes and the old logo that actually works. 

It isn’t Nikespeak to say it evokes feelings of both those things. They actually nailed it. 

The set has its problems, but that stripe isn’t one of em. That’s what a Lions home uniform is supposed to look like to me. 

• Like 8

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Some grains of salt of leaks. If real, the Broncos are better than I expected, besides those weird spots by the armpits.

The Texans, sigh

• Like 3

da0Lbhs.png

I don't know how I feel about these new Lions uniforms. The home is a slam dunk and looks great, but something about the helmet striping looks off compared to the pants. I want to say it's the thickness of the center line on the helmet looking thinner than it does on the pants. 

The away jersey is solid, but pairing it with stripeless white/blue pants is bleh. I'm not one for stripes automatically making pants better, but the Lions are a team where stripes would only improve the look.  I also have an issue with the Detroit on the uniform because it just doesn't go with any element of the block font. 

This alternate is mediocre at best. It's not terrible enough to be offensive, but it just doesn't add anything. They could have gone with gray again, but taken a step from the Seahawk's old wolf-gray look as a road alternate or reason to have two silver pants with different striping. 

• Like 2

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png