2024 NFL Changes

9 hours ago, damnyoutuesday said:

If a team is going to insist on doing BFBS, at least make it look good. And I would argue the Lions did exactly that with this set

Yeah I’m glad it’s a least interesting and pops.

I hope some of the other BFBS / Black Alts follow suit.

I think about like the Eagles and they should shift their black alts to tie in the Kelly Green over Midnight green. Same template as them too. 

spacer.png

It’s not what I’d prefer as a 4th look, but would improve the drab black uniforms. Preferably though I’d just add the away Kelly Green look and call it a day.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Those Broncos leaks are a lot tamer than what the rumors made them out to be. Like Cujo said too, it seems they're a modern take on these uniforms. We'll have to wait and see the entire set, but I honestly think the jerseys are pretty good. 

Denver Broncos Uniform Home Uniform (1965) - Orange helmet (white stripe) with orange jersey (blue sleeves) and white pants SportsLogos.Net

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I actually think those Broncos jerseys are pretty clever, the sleeves definitely seem to be at least partially inspired by the 1965/66 set. I think the zig-zag/mountain design looks better than what we’ve seen on countless concepts and photoshop mockups over the last few months. The helmets and pants will absolutely make or break the set, though. 

Also, I would bet those triangles on the side will be under the armpit on the on-field jerseys like the “grommets” on Oregon’s most recent set:

spacer.png

While they were under the armpit on the on-field jerseys, the retail replicas had them more on the front like what we’re seeing on the Broncos leak:

spacer.png

• Like 9

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The Lions missed a good opportunity with the pants if they want multiple options. Making all the pants interchangeable was overkill. I would suggest something like this (primary only)

Silver pants: remain the same, use with both jerseys

Blue pants: add silver stripes, restrict to the blue jerseys

White pants: match the stripes of the silver pants, use with both jerseys

Teams are starting to return to classic jersey designs, so hopefully the pants designs and options will follow suit at some point. I'm not asking teams to only use one pair of pants, but too many options can kill a good jersey.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

The Texans did not need to change. I’ve been saying that the whole time. These new uniforms are trying way too hard. They had a good thing going and effed the whole thing up.

The Texans' old uniforms were as boring, mediocre, and anonymous as their play on the field for 99% of the time they were in use. Frankly, the horn stripes from the new set are the kind of thing they should have done all along instead of recoloring the USC template from a catalog.

The new uniforms might be "trying too hard" (I don't think so) but the old ones weren't trying at all. They finally have a real identity now.

The only thing I don't like is neither of the home jerseys matching the road and alternate, but that's nothing we haven't already seen countless times in the NFL.

• Like 6
  • Meh 2
  • Yawn 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Eyeroll 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I just know the Broncos are going to say the white “stripes” on the orange jersey is to resemble snow capped mountains.

Also, the Eagles should definitely go all “modern classic” with the kelly green set (but make it midnight green)

• Like 1

I actually love those Broncos jerseys. It’s rare that uniform updates are both original compared to the rest of the league but still classy and tasteful. These strike that balance perfectly. 

It’s honestly been a great offseason for uniform updates for the NFL. 3 teams have clearly upgraded. The Texans have the meh “H-Town,” but their set is at least still passable. No where near as bad as the Titans or Falcons or whatever other fiasco in recent memory you want to use. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The Texans' old uniforms were as boring, mediocre, and anonymous as their play on the field for 99% of the time they were in use. Frankly, the horn stripes from the new set are the kind of thing they should have done all along instead of ripping off USC.

The new uniforms might be "trying too hard" (I don't think so) but the old ones weren't trying at all. They finally have a real identity now.

The only thing I don't like is neither of the home jerseys matching the road and alternate, but that's nothing we haven't already seen countless times in the NFL.

I don't think you are wrong about their last set, but I disagree on this new set (if the leaks are true). Personally they just went from a super boring identity to a super cheesy identity overnight. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

The Lions missed a good opportunity with the pants if they want multiple options. Making all the pants interchangeable was overkill. I would suggest something like this (primary only)

Silver pants: remain the same, use with both jerseys

Blue pants: add silver stripes, restrict to the blue jerseys

White pants: match the stripes of the silver pants, use with both jerseys

Teams are starting to return to classic jersey designs, so hopefully the pants designs and options will follow suit at some point. I'm not asking teams to only use one pair of pants, but too many options can kill a good jersey.

I missed a number of pages here, but I'd agree with this take, with the exception of also using the blue pants with the white jerseys (it's actually one of the better looks in the NFL, IMO.) Also wish they didn't have black pants but I guess they have to under the Color Rush rules.

Overall, I like the Lions update a lot but I wish the blue and white pants had stripes, and I'm somewhat afraid monochrome combos will be used 90% of the time, which will hinder the set overall.

1 hour ago, henburg said:

The other 3 are good looking uniforms though, that's my point, and yet a lot of people are talking about them like they dropped another Buccaneers 2014 set on us.

GLfvv8yXgAA3CZl?format=jpg&name=900x900GLfvv8uWgAAC4bU?format=jpg&name=900x900

They're gonna look like this most of the time.

Still significantly worse than the previous set

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Having digested the Lions for a few hours, here are my thoughts:

The home uniform is nice. I feel strongly the Lions should wear silver numbers. I thought it was a major bonus in their previous set. It invokes the 1930's set which is the best look they've ever had. So going back to white feels like a step back even though so much about this home design really works.

The stripeless pants (white, blue, black) make me sad. They aren't aesthetically bad per se but I don't see the reason to worry about making sure the stripes all match. They don't match across every on the home uniform, so just put the appropriate stripes on every element.

The black should not have come back. I don't why it's back and if bringing it back is why the blue pants have no stripes it definitely shouldn't be back.

The new facemask is fine. I will miss the silver ones though. The Northwestern stripes being gone kinda bugs me. The Detroit Lions have had Northwestern stripes in some form or another since 1961 and its a little sad to see them go even if the overall look is very nice.

Overall, I think this is pretty good but I'm going miss the previous set.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

I missed a number of pages here, but I'd agree with this take, with the exception of also using the blue pants with the white jerseys (it's actually one of the better looks in the NFL, IMO.) Also wish they didn't have black pants but I guess they have to under the Color Rush rules.

Overall, I like the Lions update a lot but I wish the blue and white pants had stripes, and I'm somewhat afraid monochrome combos will be used 90% of the time, which will hinder the set overall.

I left that combo out because I'm not a big fan of pants and socks matching but not the jersey, or as I call it the yoga pants look. If the Lions had silver socks it might work. But I also want the Lions to use blue socks full time. Having only white or silver pants, both of which would look fine with either primary jersey, would encourage the Lions to do that.

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Another rumored take on the Texans:

GLgSKQNbkAAyoqm?format=jpg&name=large

I believe this one.  The H-Town jersey matches the helmet.  I'm just now realizing the previous leak had red numbers.  I like this one a lot better.  The rest is meh.

I just noticed the outline of the Houston skyline on the sleeves of the H-Town jersey!!!!! Nice.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

3 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I believe this one.  The H-Town jersey matches the helmet.  I'm just now realizing the previous leak had red numbers.  I like this one a lot better.  The rest is meh.

This is fan concept that's been around. Paul Lukas source confirmed the CTESPN leak as legit. 

• Like 4
  • Eyeroll 1

My main problem with the Broncos jersey is that my main gripe from the previous set is still unfixed: They have the most dull, uninspiring combo of orange and navy blue possible. I simply can't get excited for these uniforms with those colors. Those colors even managed to ruin their throwback uniform when they rendered it in the current colors. I hope that some of the leaks are correct and they properly brought the throwback back in its original colors. Those colors should've been the colors moving forward.

• Like 3

Lions: Solid B and way better than what they've been wearing. Lack of striping on the blue and black pants is disappointing. Worse is the retention of the ICY and CLEAN plain white pants that we're going to see in every road game.

Broncos: It's... Fine? Average? Acceptable? Unremarkable? The helmet and pants are going to make or break this. I can't believe the last set, when was seen as certifiably insane at its release, lasted 27 dang seasons.

Texans: Oh good God who cares. Yeah this was focus-grouped straight into a toilet. There are no improvements here on what was previously an unremarkable but solid and enduring set. The new font is over-quirked, the navy primary with its absence of striping and primary sleeve logos is now a downmarket Walmart jersey that costs $130, and everything about the "H-Town" alternate reeks of desperation to catch a fad too late. Congratulations on being like the eleventh team to do it.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.