2024 NFL Changes

I know it's laborious, but could the Lions, Texans, and Broncos be split off the megathread now that they've been unveiled (or legitimately leaked)?  I'd volunteer it if given temporary ability to do so.  

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

I know it's laborious, but could the Lions, Texans, and Broncos be split off the megathread now that they've been unveiled (or legitimately leaked)?  I'd volunteer it if given temporary ability to do so.  

I second this. It’s a bit strange that we haven’t seen the split off yet.

2 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I second this. It’s a bit strange that we haven’t seen the split off yet.

It's a lot of work for mods, especially once the threads blow up before it can be gotten ahead of, which happens when there's leaks before official release dates.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 minutes ago, henburg said:

What is supposedly so bad about the Texans uniforms? If anything, these leaks tell me that these are waaaay more restrained than I ever imagined them being based on the initial descriptions we were given. Barring any surprises from the pants and helmets paired with these sets (which the leak of the away would seem to confirm there won't be) then these are a perfectly fine update that emulates the original set a lot more than I was expecting them to. 

Now the The H-Town blue set on the other hand looks just as lame and desperate as you could imagine for a uniform with that concept behind it, for which I am thankful as a Titans fan.

H-Town set looks like a t-shirt. 

• Like 1

Just now, BBTV said:

It's a lot of work for mods, especially once the threads blow up before it can be gotten ahead of, which happens when there's leaks before official release dates.

Of course. I don’t blame the mod team. Hell, just wait until everything simmers down.

11 minutes ago, henburg said:

The other 3 are good looking uniforms though, that's my point, and yet a lot of people are talking about them like they dropped another Buccaneers 2014 set on us.

GLfvv8yXgAA3CZl?format=jpg&name=900x900GLfvv8uWgAAC4bU?format=jpg&name=900x900

They're gonna look like this most of the time.

First of all, TV numbers on one jersey, no TV numbers on the other....and the TV numbers DON'T EVEN MATCH THE FRONT & BACK number.  Absolutely no reason to have 1-color TV numbers and 2-color font/back numbers.  And with that being the case, with White TV numbers and a White outline of the Texans sleeve logo, the Swoosh should be Red for contrast.

5 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

What are those triangles by the number on the Denver jersey?

Houston doesn't have those. If these are real and those are a design element that has the potential to look really bad.

4 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be topography maps for mountains, like you'd see on a map. 

Most obscure reference on a Nike jersey yet…

6 hours ago, Bomba Tomba said:

Still feel like the numbers on the Broncos away should be orange, to show that they're matching the orange home instead of the navy alternate

Have the Broncos ever had orange numbers? Even the Orange Crush set had blue numbers on the white jersey. 

• Like 1

Unrelated to these unveilings, this article is among the most insightful ever of the interaction between a team (Jets), league (NFL), and supplier (Nike.). It costs $5 (but you would get the other two as well) which is well worth it for legitimate journalism rather than reading nonsense by nobodies on Reddit.  Everyone's entitled to opinions, but reading these things would go a long way to making those "informed opinions", rather than spouting off stuff like people did about certain things in 2021 when everyone was a medical expert.

You will see the NFL's concept logos and "stories", which I think everyone here would love.

*I have no affiliation with PL or UW, just think it's one of the best interviews i've ever read in 20 years (JFC... it's been 20!) of being in the uni-community, and even longer of following UW.

• Like 8

I thought I wanted the Lions to go back to a blue facemask, but idk...it just doesn't looks right to me. I'll wait until we see it in different lighting on the field to have a final opinion, but it just feels off.

81672118.jpg.0.jpg?resize=1200,640&ssl=1

73375944007-240306-2024-uniforms-media-d

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

Unrelated to these unveilings, this article is among the most insightful ever of the interaction between a team (Jets), league (NFL), and supplier (Nike.). It costs $5 (but you would get the other two as well) which is well worth it for legitimate journalism rather than reading nonsense by nobodies on Reddit.  Everyone's entitled to opinions, but reading these things would go a long way to making those "informed opinions", rather than spouting off stuff like people did about certain things in 2021 when everyone was a medical expert.

You will see the NFL's concept logos and "stories", which I think everyone here would love.

*I have no affiliation with PL or UW, just think it's one of the best interviews i've ever read in 20 years (JFC... it's been 20!) of being in the uni-community, and even longer of following UW.

Seconded.  All 3 interviews are must-reads for people like us and well worth a 1-month, $5 Substack donation to Paul (who is getting out of the biz next month, by the way).

Is nobody going to consider that these "leaks" are presenting jerseys that aren't on the new NFL template? 

I know Nike still uses the old template for retail, so maybe these are legit, but it's kind of odd seeing this exact template for the first time. 

• Like 1

The Texans did not need to change. I’ve been saying that the whole time. These new uniforms are trying way too hard. They had a good thing going and effed the whole thing up.

The Broncos jerseys are nice enough, but I have a feeling the uniforms, in their entirety are going to be a mess.

I’m going to miss the old number font. I think that could have stayed around.

I’ll start riots if they actually have a white helmet. Why? Both the robo-horse and D horse are made for blue helmets. All of their significant history has happened in blue helmets. 

Who makes these decisions? Why is good taste and common sense so hard to come by? It shouldn’t be that hard. Social media is the bane of having nice things.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

7 hours ago, Cujo said:

The jerseys alone are decent. But i fear the rumored plain, un-striped, white helmet and pants will destroy the entire thing

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

Being truthful: Albright is a joke. An "NFL insider" who had it out with his fiancé OVER TWITTER after he was busted cheating last year.

Allbright's more reliable than some dude who said white was the only helmet, they'll have multiple facemasks, and they'd have a new "ice" color. I'm so glad Lukas published those made up rumors solely for clicks and nothing else. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

If the leaks are true, Houston should have just ran with the horn theme.  The navy one screams generic Sears catalog from 1987 with the team logo as a sleeve patch and no striping.

• Like 5

VmWIn6B.png

8 hours ago, Cujo said:

Denver Broncos leak ??

GLfvh9BXcAAHXQz?format=jpg&name=900x900

Houston Texans leak ??

GLfvv8uWsAABC4-?format=jpg&name=900x900

GLfvv8uWgAAC4bU?format=jpg&name=900x900GLfvv8wXEAAvbi4?format=jpg&name=900x900

BRONCOS: From the jerseys alone, these don't look half bad. Was Nike actually able to make the mountains look...subtle? My god, they're learning!

Not sure what's going on near the armpits, and I'm not a big fan of the pseudo-gradients on the numbers, but those shouldn't stand out on the field of play. They'll look good with the suspected white helmets, or the navy helmets that I'm still convinced the team will promote to primary status after two years with this look.

TEXANS: BREAKING NEWS: Houston Texans to Introduce "Back to our Roots" Throwback Uniforms Ahead of 2029 Season

• Like 4

1 minute ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Is the zag on the Broncos jersey supposed to be a mountain peak? I can't make heads or tails of it.

It's a San Diego Chargers memorial.

SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTNING BOLT

• Like 1

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."