2024 NFL Changes

38 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The Texans' old uniforms were as boring, mediocre, and anonymous as their play on the field for 99% of the time they were in use. Frankly, the horn stripes from the new set are the kind of thing they should have done all along instead of recoloring the USC template from a catalog.

The new uniforms might be "trying too hard" (I don't think so) but the old ones weren't trying at all. They finally have a real identity now.

The only thing I don't like is neither of the home jerseys matching the road and alternate, but that's nothing we haven't already seen countless times in the NFL.

Their previous uniforms were great. When they were introduced USC didn't even wear that design and the Texans owned that look in the NFL. Pair that with a great number font and it was a solid set that aged well for over 2 decades.

I don't personally mind sets that aren't cohesive across the board (love the giants, cowboys are iconic), but how do they have a really identity now with mismatched sets, different color schemes and different helmet logos? And how can we say that before they've even been officially unveiled??

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

A nod to the past? I see a slight resemblance 

DHb8tczW0AAfbLs?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Not sure why they would want to bring up that era again...that's the game where fans were chanting "WADE MUST GO" when they got spanked by the Raiders.

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah I’m glad it’s a least interesting and pops.

I hope some of the other BFBS / Black Alts follow suit.

I think about like the Eagles and they should shift their black alts to tie in the Kelly Green over Midnight green. Same template as them too. 

spacer.png

It’s not what I’d prefer as a 4th look, but would improve the drab black uniforms. Preferably though I’d just add the away Kelly Green look and call it a day.

spacer.png

I agree (though I wish they had no black uni at all). 

In fact, they sold so many black fashion jerseys in the early ‘90s that there’s a bit of a Mandela effect where some eagles fans of the right age will swear they occasionally wore black jerseys. 

A black jersey with black helmet with the throwback wings, and silver pants, would be miles bettter than their current black crap. 

of course they shouldn’t have a black jersey period, but if they must, a fauxback (fauxblack?) is the way to go. 

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

54 minutes ago, BBTV said:

(fauxblack?) 

Rachel Dolezal, or Shaun King?

• LOL 18
  • WOAH 1
  • Facepalm 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The only thing that stopped it from being perfect for me is the lack of stripes on the blue and white pants. I wish the black pants didn't exist but I guess that's a color rush requirement. I'm also a little afraid they'll go with monochrome combos in 90% of the games which will hinder the set.

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

In fact, they sold so many black fashion jerseys in the early ‘90s that there’s a bit of a Mandela effect where some eagles fans of the right age will swear they occasionally wore black jerseys. 

A black jersey with black helmet with the throwback wings, and silver pants, would be miles bettter than their current black crap. 

of course they shouldn’t have a black jersey period, but if they must, a fauxback (fauxblack?) is the way to go. 

Given the chance to update the throwbacks and bring them full time as well as a black alternate, should they consider a grey uniform as a 4th option? 

Lets get this one going a little quicker than the Lions one.

I actually like these quite a bit. Really hope the pants don't mess it all up.

BRONCOSUNILEAK.0.jpeg

BRONCOSUNILEAKWHITE.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

CDA4EC1B-B41A-448C-8BB9-F229018EE6DF.jpg

Yes please

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sodboy13 said:

Texans: Oh good God who cares. Yeah this was focus-grouped straight into a toilet.

Precisely. We will, however,  have more music in the mornings, so there's that, I guess.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

A nod to the past? I see a slight resemblance 

DHb8tczW0AAfbLs?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

98a5df6d-cb3a-43a3-87ea-3d4f7d8102d8-AP_BILLS_BRONCOS.JPG?crop=1400,1583,x0,y81

If the Broncos pulled off a reasonable facsimile of those throwback jerseys, I could live with it. Here's hoping they didn't do a halfway decent jersey only to royally screw up the helmets and pants.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

9 minutes ago, DJT said:

Gonna need to see the full set to really have an opinion on these.

GLfvv8yXgAA3CZl.jpeg

GLfvv8uWgAAC4bU.jpeg

GLfvv8wXEAAvbi4.jpeg

GLfvv8uWsAABC4--672x378.jpeg

Overall a downgrade here, just a Titans level mishmash and unnecessary. 

• Like 1

I just realized how that Broncos font is definitely built off of Agency, and there I was last night making a joke that one of the teams would unveil their unis with Agency and then deleted it b/c I was afraid I would speak it into existence...

11 hours ago, Cujo said:

Denver Broncos leak ??

GLfvh9BXcAAHXQz?format=jpg&name=900x900

Houston Texans leak ??

GLfvv8uWsAABC4-?format=jpg&name=900x900

GLfvv8uWgAAC4bU?format=jpg&name=900x900GLfvv8wXEAAvbi4?format=jpg&name=900x900

Both are incredibly boring.  Denver needs to go back to the royal blue...the current blue is so dark it almost looks black. 
IMHO, I'd rather have the current uniforms over this.  The true throwbacks and all the concepts inspired by them that have white break up an orange jersey with blue sleeves are so superior to this two-stripe (white and blue) look with the orange sleeves.

The Texans added a bull horn gimmick and kept an overwhelmingly boring look.  Like Denver, they kept a ridiculously dark blue and should have at least moderated it a bit.  The number font is unique but the rest is a true snoozer and a waste of time.