2024 NFL Changes

Seeing the concept from these boards (light blue numbers, skyline sleeve) make the rounds on Twitter is so funny. People are gonna be disappointed when the “CTESPN” leak with red numbers is real. 

Excellent!

1 minute ago, DCarp1231 said:

Well, for starters it’s a chrome red face mask.

No thanks. Awful stuff.

It’s not chrome it’s candy paint

• Like 3
  • Hurl 1

Excellent!

37 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

GLj5AlQWAAE7UDL?format=jpg&name=medium

Is it an "exclusive" look if literally the whole internet has seen them?

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Is it an "exclusive" look if literally the whole internet has seen them?

Trying to get any kind of information out of early access insiders besides “they’re tough! Fans will love them”

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Probably. I’d like it better if this were on their navy helmet though. 

This.  Red mask on (matte or satin) Navy helmet is a really underrated look.  

These stupid undershirts, man.  People design a uniform, and nobody sees it the way it was intended because even at the unveilings, people are wearing stupid-ass dummy shirts that create (at best) a cummerbund effect, and at worst, a "fat kid in t-shirt at the pool" effect.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I haven't gotten to look through the thread yet, but as I imagine others are saying, I really like the Lions new uniforms. I didn't think they really needed a redesign, as I thought their previous uniforms were really solid, even near-perfect. However, every change they made with this new set, besides the block numbers (I'm gonna be partial to custom fonts 9 times out of 10), looks to be an upgrade, surprisingly. To expand on my thoughts:

Pros:

• I really dig the new striping pattern. It's a nice combination of the Northwestern stripe and the Mustang dual-stripe. My one minor gripe is that I wish the border blue stripes were a bit thicker, ideally the same width as the inner white stripe.
  • The Honolulu facemask really pops, it looks great. 
  • I like that they're trying to lean more into silver as opposed to a flat gray. I'm normally not a fan of reflective materials on football jerseys, but it works really well here in the sleeve stripes & number trim.
  • I wasn't really a fan of black for the Lions, one thing I really liked about the 2017 redesign was that they got rid of it. However, this new black alternate looks awesome. The blue helmet really pops with the black accents; as I'm sure others have said, this should've been a look that the Panthers have.

Cons:

• I don't like the perforated numbers at all. This seems to be Nike's newest trend, with the Cardinals having it last year and it making its way across MLB.
  • I normally like wordmarks on the chest, but I think the new Vapor F.U.S.E. template just forces them to be too low. The home looks nice without one, but the away looks a little awkward.
  • As much as I don't like the removal of the stripes on the pants, I get why they did it for the blue pair at least, so they could wear it with the black jersey, without the stripes mismatching. However, I don't see why the white and black pants needed to go stripeless. 
  • Although I like the black jersey, it's a bit of a strange decision to go with a white Nike swoosh & nameplate, when silver or Honolulu blue would've worked just as well.

Overall, this is a very pleasantly surprising update. I didn't think they could improve much on the previous set (before the Color Rush & white pants shenanigans), but they really managed to.

• Like 7