2024 NFL Changes

32 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

If Denver actually has a plain white helmet, that is the most peewee football ass decision a team could ever make.

Agreed given the jerseys that have leaked, the blue helmet should remain with new stripe. 

It really is a shame that Denver and Houston have likely and for the most part :censored: the bed on their redesigns compared to Detroit and the Jets.

Also, that picture of Cal McNair has me thinking of this-

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9

Lions critique:

Nailed the home combo. I love the new stripes.

nitpicks:

Detroit is too big on the white jersey

Silver would have been better for the facemasks. That was my favorite thing about the last uniforms.

Do not like:

plain blue and white pants. They really don’t even need them. The blue pants should have black/silver stripes to match the blue helmet.  Silver is the only correct decision.

The the black/blue alt is actually really sharp, but on principle I cannot support it for the Detroit Lions. 

Still a major improvement over the previous uniforms. 

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

If these leaks are accurate, Jesus Christ.

How do you nail it with the Jets and the Lions and then completely destroy all credibility with the Broncos and Texans?  Who at the league level signs off on this and why are they employed?

I know me talking here is currently a bit touchy, but I think there is a chance the broncos jerseys can be pretty clean and around a 8/10 as for the Texans the jerseys themselves aren’t bad except for the H one but the fact that they are disconnected is rough all together I’m thinking 6.5/10.

• Yawn 1

7 hours ago, Cujo said:

Houston Texans leak ??

GLfvv8uWsAABC4-?format=jpg&name=900x900

GLfvv8uWgAAC4bU?format=jpg&name=900x900GLfvv8wXEAAvbi4?format=jpg&name=900x900

What is supposedly so bad about the Texans uniforms? If anything, these leaks tell me that these are waaaay more restrained than I ever imagined them being based on the initial descriptions we were given. Barring any surprises from the pants and helmets paired with these sets (which the leak of the away would seem to confirm there won't be) then these are a perfectly fine update that emulates the original set a lot more than I was expecting them to. 

Now the The H-Town blue set on the other hand looks just as lame and desperate as you could imagine for a uniform with that concept behind it, for which I am thankful as a Titans fan.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

spacer.png

Just now, henburg said:

What is supposedly so bad about the Texans uniforms?

Just now, henburg said:

Now the The H-Town blue set on the other hand looks just as lame and desperate

You answered your own question.

• Like 2
  • Eyeroll 1

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, henburg said:

What is supposedly so bad about the Texans uniforms? If anything, these leaks tell me that these are waaaay more restrained than I ever imagined them being based on the initial descriptions we were given. Barring any surprises from the pants and helmets paired with these sets (which the leak of the away would seem to confirm there won't be) then these are a perfectly fine update that emulates the original set a lot more than I was expecting them to. 

Now the The H-Town blue set on the other hand looks just as lame and desperate as you could imagine for a uniform with that concept behind it, for which I am thankful as a Titans fan.

The jerseys may be better than we think, but I can't judge based on this leak due to the lighting. Everything looks too dark if the main colors are remaining the same. Whoever is in charge of preventing leaks for the Texans isn't even doing a second-rate job at this point.

The Lions new uniforms are an example of  a massive upgrade, but once again, the little things keep it from being 100% satisfying.

Regardless, this is a great set. The home uniform is classic. That's ACTUAL SILVER on the sleeves, not grey! The stripes have a way of -sort of- looking like Northwestern stripes while also doing their own thing.  The addition of the white just sings.

It's a shame the blue pants don't have stripes because they're my favorite thing about the away set. As long as they keep the white socks with them, they'll look okay. 

They don't need white pants at all. So silly. 

Call me crazy, but the black uniform needed a silver or black helmet. You ALREADY look like the Panthers, so who cares? That way, the logo can stay blue instead of changing it to a (terrible looking) black logo on a blue helmet.  In any event, it's better than the all-grey, which was downright awful. 

I think these will look great on the field. They're not perfect, but after 20+ years, the Lions finally look like the Lions again. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cujo said:

You answered your own question.

The other 3 are good looking uniforms though, that's my point, and yet a lot of people are talking about them like they dropped another Buccaneers 2014 set on us.

GLfvv8yXgAA3CZl?format=jpg&name=900x900GLfvv8uWgAAC4bU?format=jpg&name=900x900

They're gonna look like this most of the time.

• Like 1

spacer.png