2024 NFL Changes

The striping reference to the Ford Mustang is probably my favorite part of all of this. Brilliant move there.

I don't know what is preventing them from pairing the silver pants with the white jerseys. I also don't know what is preventing them from putting striping on all the pants. It bothered me with the previous set and it will bother me again with this one.

For whatever reason, I just had a huge hunch that this was going to be the route the Lions would go and damn is it the right one. A solid A for me.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

I can live with alternates that take a different spin on the colors of the team, just as long as the main unis are traditional. I think that's what we have here. I can live with the black alt because it's the same traditional style, just with the colors mixed around to break it up a little. Honestly that's whatall non throwback alts should do. 9/10 

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Yes, I mentioned this earlier today - mixing & matching with striped pants can get tricky, especially when both the helmet & jersey ahve the striping.  And, it almost becomes too much, especially on mono-looks.

I disagree to begin with.  Striped pants are better than non-striped pants 10 out of 10 times.  But the solution is easy. Just never wear mono-looks.  

The Lions blue jersey-silver pants is amazing.  The white jersey-silver pants is also amazing.  Everything else is a miss.  

• Like 12
  • Meh 1

Lions away pants are a big negative. The alt is ok. The homes are a home run. Pair the silver pants with the white away jersey and you have an absolute winner...

• Like 4

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Interesting tidbit but on the Lions Instagram the graphic story they have posted for the alternate says the uniform is a call-back to what they wore in the "late 90s, early 2000s." 

Not shocked, but disappointed the team wouldn't be able to tell a tighter, more attentive narrative, because nothing about it calls back to the late 90s at all. 

• Like 3

Just now, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Interesting tidbit but on the Lions Instagram the graphic story they have posted for the alternate says the uniform is a call-back to what they wore in the "late 90s, early 2000s." 

Not shocked, but disappointed the team wouldn't be able to tell a tighter, more attentive narrative, because nothing about it calls back to the late 90s at all. 

Calling it a "mid 2000s, 0-16" throwback isn't exactly good marketing.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

da0Lbhs.png

38 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

It's so odd to me that so many teams are doing away with pants stripes. My only thought is maybe they want to be able to mix and match with different jerseys. So lack of stripes keeps the consistency there? For the Lions, I'm surprised how much I like the blue/black/blue set and that's a good example. Blue pants with silver stripes definitely would have looked odd there. When neither the helmet nor jersey have silver stripes. 

While we have some duds every offseason. Slowly I think some teams are gravitating towards their best looks. Lions, Bucs, Cardinals, Browns, Jets, etc are perfect examples. Just need to wait out the disasters and they join them soon enough. 

Pant stripes don't increase jersey sales.

6 hours ago, Chi-Tex_Kidd said:

Gotta say this is a huge downgrade. Their current unis were my favorite for them all-time minus the white pants.

18 minutes ago, Chi-Tex_Kidd said:

Gonna go ahead and double down. HUGE downgrade.

Chi Tex Kidd is a poster to watch in 2024.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I disagree to begin with.  Striped pants are better than non-striped pants 10 out of 10 times.  But the solution is easy. Just never wear mono-looks.  

The Lions blue jersey-silver pants is amazing.  The white jersey-silver pants is also amazing.  Everything else is a miss.  

I was horrified by the lack of stripes too, but as you say, it shouldn't matter because they SHOULD pair silver pants with everything.

Are the Lions advertising their blue pants as the default white jersey option? They did that with the 2017 set and then it gradually became the least used option behind all-white and white on gray. I always love unique pant colors, but the lack of a pant stripe is aggravating as hell. 

• Like 3