2024 NFL Changes

2 minutes ago, MrAstrodome said:

Look closer on the bumper...

At least that H isn't the one that's going on those helmets. I think that darker blue on the logo needs to match the helmet shell as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

34 minutes ago, JustABallCoach said:

GLN3jvnWMAE0lzg?format=png&name=900x900

"Your Feedback" lol

I submitted what felt like a 4-page thesis statement on how they only needed to make small changes to their current set, needed to maintain good color balance if they did change, and had to do their best to not invite Titans comparisons eith the use of "houston blue".

Seems like they wanted to reinvent the wheel from the get-go, or they just took their favorite ideas from the feedback and mashed them up in a set with no cohesion.

Sorry, felt like ranting.

• Like 1

HUGE upgrade for the Lions. The gray numbers were so dingy. All I wanted was white numbers, nix the WCF patch, and don't do anything too crazy. Success! Not a fan of the black jersey - but it's so awesome that they kept black out of the main jerseys.

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Weapon X said:

"Your Feedback" lol

I submitted what felt like a 4-page thesis statement on how they only needed to make small changes to their current set, needed to maintain good color balance if they did change, and had to do their best to not invite Titans comparisons eith the use of "houston blue".

Seems like they wanted to reinvent the wheel from the get-go, or they just took their favorite ideas from the feedback and mashed them up in a set with no cohesion.

Sorry, felt like ranting.

and I wrote them saying to use H-Town blue. So yes, “your”

• Yawn 1
  • Eyeroll 3

1 minute ago, JustABallCoach said:

Thinking of the 3 shell rule. Would it be possible for the Texans primary home uniform to have a white helmet, even if their primary road helmet is navy blue? Would they then be able to interchange those? They hinted there are 3 helmets and the road and one alt has one shell,  so I'm curious. There's a graphic list they released that I read as the home uniform might be white helmet red top.

The home partially blurrily leaked earlier this week and was confirmed with a navy helmet.

BUT, according to a story they put out yesterday they can indeed mix and match the core helmets with the core uniforms. But Color rush helmet can only be mixed with color rush (and possibly the alt, ill have to reread it).

I don't mind small wordmarks, but I don't like how the blue jersey has none while the other two have them. But that's a small thing.

The prevalence of white makes the color balance so much better. The previous set, while getting away from black, also didn't buffer the blue from the silver well enough.

Pros: Block numbers, great blue/white/silver balance, unique but pleasing stripes, absence of black on the primaries, removal of sleeve text.

Cons: The black jersey and some very minor things (pinholes and inconsistent use of wordmarks).

Barring a huge pants and/or helmet screw up, this is a very big upgrade.

• Like 6

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

32 minutes ago, LogoFan said:

When I shared the comments from the Texans on the new unis a few months back, I said it was going to be a :censored: show.  Doesn't appear to be disappointing.

Hell, let's throw it all together:  a single uniform with piping, gradients, alarm clock numbers, swoosh striping, side panels, toilet seat collar and let's do it all in bright magenta pink just because it's different.  If you're going to fail, might as well be epic with it.

In fairness they said throughout the process that the 4th uniform will be a little crazier and the 3 main uniforms will be more traditional with the alternative being "bull like"-presumably horns on the helmet.

I'm gonna wait and see the whole set before forming a full opinion but I dont 100% love the new alt H mark.

I was relieved when I saw the aways however, was honestly expecting way worse.

Also side note, but if you look on the crown of the helmet in the video, near the top left of the decal, there appears to be some red metallic flake in the finish. Could be a cool little detail.

I think the reason a lot of Texans fans like the newer stuff is because like Orange Crush and the Creamcicles, the now-old set represents futility.  Not getting past the divisionals.  An endless quarterback carousel that has just now seemingly ended. Wasted hall of fame careers. Easterby.

All with a uniform that could be for any team, a color scheme overused in sports in general (including 3 teams with some extras in the NFL, our archrival being one of them) and a name that would have fit 70 years ago but not the time in which the team was founded when we were expecting something more local.

Plus replacing an identity that is apotheosized even on these boards, is a tough sell.

I'll wait to see whole thing in action.

Just now, shaydre1019 said:

In fairness they said throughout the process that the 4th uniform will be a little crazier and the 3 main uniforms will be more traditional with the alternative being "bull like"-presumably horns on the helmet.

I'm gonna wait and see the whole set before forming a full opinion but I dont 100% love the new alt H mark.

I was relieved when I saw the aways however, was honestly expecting way worse.

Also side note, but if you look on the crown of the helmet in the video, near the top left of the decal, there appears to be some red metallic flake in the finish. Could be a cool little detail.

The white uniform that “leaked” wasn’t very traditional in my eyes. They’ll probably say some bullcrap like “the iconic horns of NRG Stadium”

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Speaking of the Jets, the undeniably best UW piece ever - every little detail about the Jets last redesign - came out today. Everything about Woody Johnson asking how to know what’s “cool”, to the NFL giving Nike the brand, and them coming back with alternative suggestions only to be told to “know your role and shut your mouth”, to the design being THISCLOSE to being a green and white version of the Steelers batwing uniform. Lots of unused concept logos and unis in there, and more real-world examples of how the league, team, and Nike interact (including the league giving Nike their version of the story they want told, then Nike coming out with their version of the Nike Speak for it.)

I just read the whole article. Woody being a douche is probably what left us with the half baked elements like the traditional oval and repurposed New York wordmark. But boy this article makes you appreciate what they ended up going with! 3 tone green uniforms? silver helmets?  This could have been way way worse.

3 hours ago, Survival79 said:

☝️ This.

b09c5K3.png

Man oh man do the Titans and Texans love using the same colors. There needs to be a lawsuit once and for all. Have two divisional teams shared such a similar color palette ever?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Speaking of the Jets, the undeniably best UW piece ever - every little detail about the Jets last redesign - came out today. Everything about Woody Johnson asking how to know what’s “cool”, to the NFL giving Nike the brand, and them coming back with alternative suggestions only to be told to “know your role and shut your mouth”, to the design being THISCLOSE to being a green and white version of the Steelers batwing uniform. Lots of unused concept logos and unis in there, and more real-world examples of how the league, team, and Nike interact (including the league giving Nike their version of the story they want told, then Nike coming out with their version of the Nike Speak for it.)

On Woody: never a good sign when a 77-year old cheapskate asking this kind of question

• LOL 1

17 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I just read the whole article. Woody being a douche is probably what left us with the half baked elements like the traditional oval and repurposed New York wordmark. But boy this article makes you appreciate what they ended up going with! 3 tone green uniforms? silver helmets?  This could have been way way worse.

Three-tone green? No, they wouldn’t have ended up looking good, but I would like to see somebody do that again. The color combo worked for the Bucks back in the day.