2024 NFL Changes

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

So, was the previous helmet paint color not perfectly matched to the uniform Orange?

Or does this mean that the Browns are updating the Orange used on the uniform also?  They're only in Year 4 of the current set, so I'd be surprised if the league let them do that, unless it was some technical issue they got a waiver on. 

Did Carolina updating their Process Blue a year ago result in them resetting the new uniform clock back to zero, or are slight color updates not as regulated?

The Browns VP was on their radio show today talking about the facemask change. Didn't say anything about the uniforms changing this season. He did mention exploring adding a third helmet into the mix next season. Specifically said brown and no logos. Seems unnecessary and honestly I only see it working with the brown color rush (which is atrocious) or some new alternate. I would assume that nothing major, uniform-wise happens until next season. 

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, AstroCree said:

Is that now 3 teams that have gone back to their previous throwbacks after the "Nike-ified" changes? Says a lot about their creative department.

I think it says more about the franchises involved than it does about Nike. The Jets, Browns and Bucs were all coming off some of the worst on-field eras in their history and figured they could boost sales and morale by pandering to their fans' nostalgia for better times. It's just marketing 101.

It also needs to be pointed out that all three kept some of the modernized elements from the uniforms they ditched instead of throwing all the way back.

• Like 7

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

7 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Bringing these back just in time for them to draft Shedeur and Shilo:

Deion-Sanders-Falcons.jpg

hi-res-dd3897c4cf563e447354be321c4dac83_

With the current logo and current helmet shell finish, maybe a slightly updated pant stripe.

Would be a Top 10 uniform.

This but with red numbers on the road uniforms

spacer.png

• Like 9
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, ruttep said:

This but with red numbers on the road uniforms

spacer.png

I think that uniform works better with the Red helmet due to the Red in the number and pant stripe.

With a Black helmet, I prefer the Black numbers and Black-dominant pant stripe.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I think it says more about the franchises involved than it does about Nike. The Jets, Browns and Bucs were all coming off some of the worst on-field eras in their history and figured they could boost sales and morale by pandering to their fans' nostalgia for better times. It's just marketing 101.

It also needs to be pointed out that all three kept some of the modernized elements from the uniforms they ditched instead of throwing all the way back.

That's true, and we can be thankful that the Steelers didn't change much between 1933 and 1974, or the Packers in the 70s-80s, or the Raiders since 1986, or Da Bears between 1964-82, just to name a few.

• Like 1

Gold should be helmet stripe only. 

Any addition on the jersey or pants puts it closer to Saints territory, which should be avoided at all costs.

(Although the Falcons throwback gold is a true gold not the washed out blah the Saints use)

• Like 3

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Gotta say, I'm not a fan of the Browns going back to their old shade of brown. It looks way too drab and almost black. The now former shade was much closer to a milk chocolate color, which I thought looked good on tv. 

• Like 4

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I think that uniform works better with the Red helmet due to the Red in the number and pant stripe.

With a Black helmet, I prefer the Black numbers and Black-dominant pant stripe.

IMO that look was too unbalanced in favor of the black. Granted, that road set is tilted a bit in favor of the red, but with the black helmet and number outline and NOB and the multicolored pant stripes, it has always worked for me. The differences in color emphasis between the home and road sets make for a very balanced set overall, kind of like what the Giants have done for the past twenty-plus years, or the Texans pre-2009 (when they stopped wearing red socks on the road). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I like the idea of adding gold into the Falcons set, but I also like the idea of silver/grey pants. Is there room for both?

Back in my concepting days I fiddled with this so many times, and...nah. At one point I did try a trim color for the logo, facemask, trim on jerseys that was like a silvery bronze color, but it felt both like it was stepping on the Buccaneers toes, or Saints when I made it more gold. 

Think the Falcons really nailed a core colorway and application focus with the current helmet finish, touches of silver that blend in with the environment of the stadium, and red primarily is trim/pop color. All they have to do is kill the silly parts, like the ATL logo and the number font/drop shadows. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

The Browns VP was on their radio show today talking about the facemask change. Didn't say anything about the uniforms changing this season. He did mention exploring adding a third helmet into the mix next season. Specifically said brown and no logos. Seems unnecessary and honestly I only see it working with the brown color rush (which is atrocious) or some new alternate. I would assume that nothing major, uniform-wise happens until next season. 

If they come out with a color-swapped brown helmet to go with their Diarrhea Runs - er, Color Rush head-to-toe brown set, I would imagine their fanbase would react in much the same way they did to the 2015 changes. It was less than a decade ago, Browns. Do you really forget that quickly?

8 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

If they come out with a color-swapped brown helmet to go with their Diarrhea Runs - er, Color Rush head-to-toe brown set, I would imagine their fanbase would react in much the same way they did to the 2015 changes. It was less than a decade ago, Browns. Do you really forget that quickly?

The fact that some fans are suggesting a gray, cream or black (why?) helmet for the Browns tells me that they haven't learned anything.

Personally I think the plain all-brown color rush look is gone for good.  The fans do love orange and have wanted the orange jerseys to return. Maybe a new color rush that is all orange, but paired with a brown helmet might work. Because orange head-to-toe is too much IMO. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I like the idea of adding gold into the Falcons set, but I also like the idea of silver/grey pants. Is there room for both?

I do too, and if they did it when reverting back to Deion-era uniforms, it not only would make sense, it would separate their look a little more from the Raiders.  The Saints probably wouldn't love it.

Black, Silver, and Gold are extremely effective together when done right.  Needing to use Red adds a challenge to the design process, as 4th colors always do, but these colors all work well together so it's not as much of a problem as other combinations. 

I think you'd have to consider the Silver helmet I keep begging the Falcons to use, and then adding a Red/Black/Gold stripe down the middle, which you'd have to repeat on the pant stripe.  Numbers would have to be tri-color, which is not complicated. 

Or they could make it very clean and just do simple Gold accents, such as an extra outline on the sleeve logo and a Gold Swoosh, which of course would get eyes rolling.   Imagine it though as a tertiary accent color on Black/Red gloves, cleats, and the helmet.  I think you start with the Black/Red/Silver/White base, and add Gold like jewelry - an extra outline, on the Swoosh, maybe on a chest patch (which I would not support).  A little goes a long way.

If Deion somehow did get his sons to Atlanta, since he's already stating he's only going to let them play for certain teams, it would really bring some much-needed juice to the Falcons brand.

Plus, you've got another guy in Atlanta now who would support it:

Kirk-Cousins.png?fit=1234,822&ssl=1

Imagine that Sports Illustrated cover:  Coach Prime, Kirk Cousins, Shedeur & Shilo, the latter 3 in the new Falcons uniforms with gold accents, all wearing big gold chains.  Very, very Atlanta.

[I'm available for consulting.] 😆

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Is this new Lions gear?  Different font on the shirt and white stripe on the hat. 

Unlikely, that top is a Nike Authentics (fka Sideline) piece from a year or 3 ago.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Jacksonville, Cleveland, Tampa and now NYJ have all backtracked a Nike redesign. Miami only adjusted the numbers on their Nike set. Otherwise Minnesota, Seattle, Atlanta, New England, Rams, Chargers, Cardinals and WFT all have kept their designs since getting them.

Can add Detroit to the backtracked list as well.

FWIW though the Falcons, Chargers, Rams, Patriots, Cardinals and Commies are all too soon to backtrack. 2024 will be year 5 for ATL, NE, and the LA teams, year 3 for Wash and year 2 for ARZ.

(Titans have also kept theirs)