2024 NFL Changes

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I think anyone who designs anything for a living knows exactly this. I have almost never had a project go from start to finish without a client putting their fingerprints all over it. Usually the more cooks you have in the kitchen, the worse the end result will be. Especially when you have someone pushing for "new, innovative, cutting edge". At the end of the day they are the one's paying the bill and will get whatever they want. Not everything we do as designers works. But sometimes we don't deserve all the blame. I've never worked with a company like Nike or a league like the NFL. But even on a smaller scale I used to take criticism personally on social media and message boards. I've learned to just focus on the positives and appreciate the work being done. Regardless of how some people on the internet feel. 

When it comes to the NFL and Nike. One positive is that most of the time teams recognize their failures and eventually go back to what works. The Browns, Bucs, Chargers, Cardinals, Jets, etc all have nice sets now after trying way too hard to modernize everything. 

They say that too many cooks will spoil the broth; honey, I think that’s not true. Well, maybe too many cooks will spoil the broth, but they’ll fill our hearts with so much, so much love!

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, AstroCree said:

Is that now 3 teams that have gone back to their previous throwbacks after the "Nike-ified" changes? Says a lot about their creative department. 

I wish the Seahawks would get a clue. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, JayMac said:

I wish the Seahawks would get a clue. 

I get the feeling that they have one, and their current set is generally popular with their fans. But you are one of their fans; what have you heard others say?

1 hour ago, MrAstrodome said:

Also works because it's a horizontal gradient with the same finish.

They're probably choosing a name behind the scenes. We'll see the classic uni again. Clock got reset with the sale. 

Sounds good to me. For future reference, why was my post changed? I don't believe in re-writing history, but I would have worded it differently if I knew that wasn't allowed.

26 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I get the feeling that they have one, and their current set is generally popular with their fans. But you are one of their fans; what have you heard others say?

From my anecdotal experience, it is a mixed bag. I know the younger fans like the current set, but I'm not sure if it is well-liked by anyone else. I will.admit that the current set's shortcomings aren't as egregious as that of the other Nike uniforms that have been dumped, but they look stale now. On the other hand, the throwbacks have been loved by almost all fans. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I actually loved that yellow jersey in Madden. The key was to pair it with white pants and black socks. Then it worked (mostly lol). But yeah. Shoulders to toes in that color? Blah. Just too much.

I could see that working.  Good call.

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The next Jets/Browns game is going to look exactly like the 1986 playoffs.

b365ce00-3e3f-4279-abb2-fa020bec8bd6-USA

When that happens, they'll both be able to wear a 100th Anniversary patch to commemorate this game.

[ba dum tss!]

• LOL 5
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, bowld said:

Browns changed colors as well according to X-

spacer.png

So, was the previous helmet paint color not perfectly matched to the uniform Orange?

Or does this mean that the Browns are updating the Orange used on the uniform also?  They're only in Year 4 of the current set, so I'd be surprised if the league let them do that, unless it was some technical issue they got a waiver on. 

Did Carolina updating their Process Blue a year ago result in them resetting the new uniform clock back to zero, or are slight color updates not as regulated?

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

1 minute ago, HOOVER said:

So, was the previous helmet paint color not perfectly matched to the uniform Orange?

Or does this mean that the Browns are updating the Orange used on the uniform also?  They're only in Year 4 of the current set, so I'd be surprised if the league let them do that, unless it was some technical issue they got a waiver on. 

Did Carolina updating their Process Blue a year ago result in them resetting the new uniform clock back to zero, or are slight color updates not as regulated?

Maybe the change was small enough that it doesn't violate the clock. When the Rams changed the helmet horns in 2017, that only lasted three years.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Sounds good to me. For future reference, why was my post changed? I don't believe in re-writing history, but I would have worded it differently if I knew that wasn't allowed.

It’s a filter on the boards. As far as I know it’s automatic. It changes any instances of the franchise’s post-Braves, pre-2020 name to their current one. I don’t find it necessary but it’s in accordance with site policy around controversial topics. 

1 hour ago, PurpleHayes said:

My choice would be Redwolves.

The best option has been staring them in the face for nearly two decades. 

Potomac. Drainage. Basin. Indigenous. Persons. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

16 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

It’s a filter on the boards. As far as I know it’s automatic. It changes any instances of the franchise’s post-Braves, pre-2020 name to their current one. I don’t find it necessary but it’s in accordance with site policy around controversial topics. 

Thanks for clarifying. I don't think it's necessary either, especially since that sentence no longer makes sense, but policy is policy.

• Like 3

The Lions are releasing brand new uniforms tomorrow and we know absolutely nothing of them outside of what's been deliberately given to us.  Even a few years ago, it seemed that everything would get leaked in advance, but it's clear that the NFL and Nike have cleaned up their act.

• Like 11

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

9 minutes ago, Bruhammydude said:

The Lions are releasing brand new uniforms tomorrow and we know absolutely nothing of them outside of what's been deliberately given to us.  Even a few years ago, it seemed that everything would get leaked in advance, but it's clear that the NFL and Nike have cleaned up their act.

Dan Snyder not being involved helps too. 

• LOL 4

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

The best option has been staring them in the face for nearly two decades. 

Potomac. Drainage. Basin. Indigenous. Persons. 

America is ready for a franchise named Swamp Things.

• Applause 1